Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Well, we told my niece today, she's coming on our next cruise! Everyone please welcome our newest Crown And Anchor" member, Sophia!

Welcome Sophia to the he club!

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Try going to a Little League game!

You are right I remember Jonathan playing little league. Some of the parents were  out right crazy and some even to their own children.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 4:50 PM, George C said:

I know my wife can relate to this terrible tragedy, she discovered her dad dead in there living room when she was 13. 

How did she get through such a horrible time?  We are trying to help the kids but it is tough.  They just can’t accept that he is gone😢

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

How did she get through such a horrible time?  We are trying to help the kids but it is tough.  They just can’t accept that he is gone😢

I have no words, Marietta.  Just love them as I am sure you are doing.  Cry with them, laugh with them, and get them counselling if they need someone to talk to.  Make sure you and Charlie take care of yourselves too.  My heart breaks for all of you.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

My Father found his Father dead on the kitchen floor when he came home from school at 8 yrs old.    I think it helps children understand when they actually see the person is dead.

• Like 1

3B50E9E0-4AA9-4675-B704-C4CFAB7CB672.thumb.jpeg.a407d11db28b6c6e40ce2733a97df4e9.jpeg

29E2CB76-8233-40B0-B76C-B0CD353F6F66.thumb.jpeg.d5d95c1b6c525c03d706562b7a0ce7d7.jpeg

Beautiful day and now time to grill some filets with @A&L_Ont and his special steak seasoning.

BEC0205E-D9A3-461E-9F18-EF851DB547D4.thumb.jpeg.c1832cbe7562af5e744cfe98791fc50e.jpeg

And of course I can’t grill without a cocktail. Drinking Sea Dog’s version of a “Black Manhattan.” Oh so good!

Cheers!

6243F2F0-14B7-464F-B7E0-F830B7624518.thumb.jpeg.84550167dfc0a2585dadc8bced2518fb.jpeg

• Like 18

2 hours ago, NHProud said:

@broadwaybaby123I’m originally from not far from Hudson.  I have a friend , Pauline , who lives in Hudson .  

Welcome to your niece .  

She thanks you. We're both originally from the Nashua area.

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Welcome Sophia to the he club!

You are right I remember Jonathan playing little league. Some of the parents were  out right crazy and some even to their own children.

She thanks you. She's 9 years old and is so excited she finally gets to go to Cocoa Cay after seeing it from a distance. She's my new co-host for my cruise YouTube Channel and a Special Reporter for the kids club. We're going on Enchantment and we're trying the trampoline together! 

She doesn't know this, but she's booked on my Anthem 2023 cruise and we're going on the Bumper Cars together. She was supposed to join me on them in April but couldn't take the cruise.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My Father found his Father dead on the kitchen floor when he came home from school at 8 yrs old.    I think it helps children understand when they actually see the person is dead.

I agree.  Some people thought they should not have gone to the wake but they needed to.  Your poor father, so sad.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I agree.  Some people thought they should not have gone to the wake but they needed to.  Your poor father, so sad.

I think wakes are very important for kids who lose a close relative. Seeing contributes to the process of understanding.

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Reporter for the kids club. We're going on Enchantment and we're trying the trampoline together! 

Sorry. Bungee trampolines are gone from Enchantment. You might want to let her know. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Beautiful day. I’m surprised there aren’t more people there.

This was Monday afternoon, folks packing up. I heard it was packed yesterday. Plus our part of beach is generally sparse. More crowded between pier and Ron Jon area

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think wakes are very important for kids who lose a close relative. Seeing contributes to the process of understanding.

I went to a couple different funerals as a young child.   I think that helped me understand. 

The one that has always stuck in my memories is a good friend in 3rd grade was killed by a hit and run car coming home from sledding.   I had been sledding with him that morning and went home for lunch while he was still sledding with others.   

Most of our 3rd class went to his wake and funeral with permission by parents.   My Mom being a teacher was there with us and I can still remember him laying in his casket.  I remember telling my Mom he doesn't even look hurt.

A couple days later they caught the guy that hit him.   

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When I was 12 years old one of my closest friends was murdered.He was 10 years old.I was a block away and saw what was happening .

l

• Like 3

I hope everyone is enjoying Memorial Day!   We had a hot one here.   Officially done mulching, cars are washed and vacuumed and laundry is done.

Picked up a bunch of London broil and porterhouse steaks on sale at Shoprite and Weis food stores and vacuumed bagged them and in the freezer they are.

Eric remembered he still has gift certificate from Chris for Omaha steaks.   Think we will order some stuff for the shore in June.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

When I was 12 years old one of my closest friends was murdered.He was 10 years old.I was a block away and saw what was happening .

l

That's horrible.   Did the catch the person?

On a happier note, How are you doing with your new chair/walker?   Are you zooming around the neighborhood in this beautiful weather?

• Like 1

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

That's horrible.   Did the catch the person?

On a happier note, How are you doing with your new chair/walker?   Are you zooming around the neighborhood in this beautiful weather?

He was riding his bike and two 12 year old boys knocked him off his bike and when he was on the ground they were punching him.They were caught and arrested.

Yesterday I went out and walked about 50 feet.Today I walked 4 blocks.I hope to increase my walking each time I go out.Today I saw and spoke to a neighbor who I last had a conversation with in 2019.

• Like 14

So today our walk was to Minnehaha Park and the "famous" Falls. It was HOT and very crowded. After viewing the falls we went the long way around through the Minneapolis Veterans Home where my mom is a memory care patient. We were not in time to participate in the doings today but got to spend a bit of time with mom.

THANK YOU to all the Veterans. I appreciate your service.

20220528_154808.jpg

20220528_160735.jpg

20220528_160835.jpg

20220528_161025.jpg

Edited by Bailey & Sophie
Adding info
  • Like 14

6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

He was riding his bike and two 12 year old boys knocked him off his bike and when he was on the ground they were punching him.They were caught and arrested.

Yesterday I went out and walked about 50 feet.Today I walked 4 blocks.I hope to increase my walking each time I go out.Today I saw and spoke to a neighbor who I last had a conversation with in 2019.

So happy for you🥰

Beautiful day and now time to grill some filets with @A&L_Ont and his special steak seasoning.

How did you find the seasoning?  Did you find that you seasoned them enough, too much or did they need more?

• Like 1

3B50E9E0-4AA9-4675-B704-C4CFAB7CB672.thumb.jpeg.a407d11db28b6c6e40ce2733a97df4e9.jpeg

29E2CB76-8233-40B0-B76C-B0CD353F6F66.thumb.jpeg.d5d95c1b6c525c03d706562b7a0ce7d7.jpeg

BEC0205E-D9A3-461E-9F18-EF851DB547D4.thumb.jpeg.c1832cbe7562af5e744cfe98791fc50e.jpeg

And of course I can’t grill without a cocktail. Drinking Sea Dog’s version of a “Black Manhattan.” Oh so good!

Cheers!

6243F2F0-14B7-464F-B7E0-F830B7624518.thumb.jpeg.84550167dfc0a2585dadc8bced2518fb.jpeg

Love that water feature (& the food & drinks!)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Cheers!

Is Jonathan coming over, or are you doing one for the puppies? :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Seen some fabulous photos from the Whale watch cruises in Sydney this week.  Wouldn’t want to be doing it  today - very gusty here today.  I love those cruises don’t get seasick but vertigo rules it out for me this season.

Also saw amazing drone footage of three swimmers early yesterday morning swimming off Bondi Beach as two whales passed them by 

• Like 5