Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Birmingham New Street is a main Train station and Hub so is always extremely busy but some people just did not think they should socially isolate and why the UK had so many covid19 deaths.

And it looks like their behaviour is not changing.  It must be so frustrating for those who just want lives to get back to (albeit new) normal.  

In Gibraltar you still cannot get on a bus without a mask on.  I have been on a bus when a passenger was threatened by the driver with being thrown off for taking down his mask and talking to his partner.  OK so loads of people do not cover their nose, and I am sure it would make more sense for people to be using the hand sanitiser at the door instead of a mask - but it is just so much easier to maintain social distancing rules in a small place.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

I relayed the parking space and price conversation to Bill. :classic_smile: He was shocked, as many of us are that don't live in big urban cities. Like others, it does make us even more appreciate our suburban driveways and garages. WOW. 

Even though we are all cruisers and <mostly> holiday travelers, it is fascinating to learn about the nuances of everyday life in other countries. It is really interesting and greatly appreciated. :classic_biggrin:

I won't even go to downtown Providence because the city has parking meters. I refuse to pay to park my car just to have the priviledge of spending money in stores and restaurants.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jagsfan said:

You got to drive over the new bridge. 
we always had to use the old 1931 bridge, narrow and shaky and very high. 
We worried about it collapsing under us, so it was a relief when the new bridge was built. 

7C98F0E7-5348-4F3C-AF2B-4BA2623847C3.jpeg

Oh wow!  How cool is that!!  And yeah, does look a little rough!  We have driven over the new bridge many times in the past years in "the land yacht"...big RV pulling the Jeep...not sure I would want to drive over the old one!  😮 😮 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I won't even go to downtown Providence because the city has parking meters. I refuse to pay to park my car just to have the priviledge of spending money in stores and restaurants.

That is why I love small town living.  We went to Bands on the Blackwater last night.  Downtown was busy but still plenty of free parking.  I go to the knit store in Pensacola and it has a free parking lot.  I hesitate to go to other places in downtown Pensacola because it is all pay to park.

• Like 2

Leaving tomorrow for our next 2 week stay north of Bar Harbor, Gouldsboro area.  Might be too far for these cute little Goldfinches to find us.  😞   We have had a lot of Hummingbirds, Finches, Nuthatches, Chickadees, etc.  Hope we get some at the new place.  

Also have been enjoying watching a pair of Eagles building a next near us.  Those "sticks" they carry up to build the nest are big branches of trees...can't believe they can carry something that heavy! 😮

Couldn't get a decent picture of them. 

20210611_163419.jpg

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Keksie said:

That is why I love small town living.  We went to Bands on the Blackwater last night.  Downtown was busy but still plenty of free parking.  I go to the knit store in Pensacola and it has a free parking lot.  I hesitate to go to other places in downtown Pensacola because it is all pay to park.

We adore staying at Blackwater river state park!!  Have reservations there for a week this Fall again.  Great river to kayak on!!  🤗

• Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

We adore staying at Blackwater river state park!!  Have reservations there for a week this Fall again.  Great river to kayak on!!  🤗

It is just a nice area to live in.  Close to the beach, close to the Blackwater, small town and close to my son.  Also, close to Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge which is a very special place.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Keksie said:

It is just a nice area to live in.  Close to the beach, close to the Blackwater, small town and close to my son.  Also, close to Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge which is a very special place.

Indeed, have always felt the Florida Panhandle was a special place.  Most beautiful beaches in the world (IMHO )....and nice clear white sand spring rivers to kayak on and enjoy.  👍

• Like 1

Moving day number 2 about to start.  I've picked up the U-Haul truck and it's sitting in the driveway.  Waiting for DD26 to appear so that we can start to move her, ah stuff.  Feeling good right now after a couple of espressos.  We'll see how I feel at the end of the day.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Willpower, and lots of low carbs.  No bread or potatoes, but once in a while you have to make exceptions.  Like today!!!

We traveled to a Strawberry festival today where there was lots of “fair food”.  Had to try a gyro. 

8DB846A4-86AD-4A09-8114-D76DCC033C34.thumb.jpeg.f26de4faaf3efd8c0126763cf87a122a.jpeg

And it took all my willpower to not buy some of the fresh, Amish donuts.  They smelled so good, and they were almost the size of life preservers. 

809D7A0E-86CC-4D06-B69D-098A55A76827.thumb.jpeg.91c420558d869b1db58530a021c1ba0e.jpeg

There were a few alpacas in a pen, with some things made from their fur for sale. 

146F125F-3BCA-4B70-AC9D-B618B6164310.thumb.jpeg.e076b26b5275d8113379a87c0d6411b2.jpeg

There were plenty of vendors, live music, and no masks in sight. 

0A5E7719-575F-4018-82C9-E81D7765B75D.thumb.jpeg.34fa65b57fa4fe33c16e937d3744abcc.jpeg

C801C81C-C7B1-493F-A3E9-D7D42617152F.thumb.jpeg.00c25421901cbb40af969e2a99678187.jpeg

Will we see you on "Carnival Eats" on the Cooking Channel????

36 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Moving day number 2 about to start.  I've picked up the U-Haul truck and it's sitting in the driveway.  Waiting for DD26 to appear so that we can start to move her, ah stuff.  Feeling good right now after a couple of espressos.  We'll see how I feel at the end of the day.

Try not to overdo and good luck!

• Like 1

Just now, xpcdoojk said:

Back when I could stand Alec Baldwin.... Beetlejuice and Red October his only good acting.  

Back when I, too, could stand him, I thought he was pretty good with Meryl Streep in "It's Complicated". Sometimes I like watching no brainer movies.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Stay hydrated!!!!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

End of day, more towards "adult" beverages..... I think will be just the right remedy!!  😉  Really happy things are going well for you!!  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, island lady said:

I liked Alec Baldwin in "Prelude to a Kiss"...but it was probably really Meg Ryan that stole the show.  

I really never liked him until he played the former president in Saturday night live but I guess that depends on your political leanings.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

My friend/ex-boss has a beach house on LBI. 

I'm sorry I never took her up on her invitation before I moved to Texas. 

that is a shame as it is a beautiful island.   maybe someday if you do a cruise out of Bayonne you can drive down to LBI (about 1.5 hr ride) and stay at one of the beautiful hotels/resorts on the beach.  

• Like 1