Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Andrew.

This is after today's op.

The scar off last December BSC removal can be seen between my ear and my eye.

IMG_20221212_110040.jpg

When my mom had Mohs procedures on her face, the doctor told her to use hand sanitizer with Aloe Vera in it to help minimize scarring. (Twice a day) I don't know if that is good advice, but you might ask your doctor. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

I am sure your on call is way more stressful than mine was.

Totally agree.  Funny thing is that some of the problems I got called into fix in the middle of a Saturday night really were not very urgent or important to overall functioning of the company.  Basically,  it could've waited until Monday morning to be fixed.

But because some "important" VP-in-charge-of-Whatever decided that x% of problems HAD to be fixed within a certain time frame, I had to go in. My standard venting line when complaining to my boss or co-workers was "It's not like I'm saving lives tonight!!!".

• Like 5

As Christina’s pregnancy is soon coming to an end, I thought todays update says it all. 

C2EC0191-9472-49F7-BE1D-960F0DB8DF87.jpeg

And Brandon being  the soon to be “Dad” said goodbye as the football team headed to the Bahamas for their bowl game the only way he could. 

200F91ED-5736-40D3-9425-8588D14A02B9.thumb.jpeg.ef8e89b6e81b143532363bf975d496e0.jpeg

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

319155629_10159150825141905_854077544610147969_n.jpg.6ce80beb04f8df3a1b9c6613e89f2515.jpg.b4f65c8eef969f8431562cbf09fce0ef.jpg

When we got our two kittens 15 years ago there was no way we could have a tree for a couple of years , I could definitely have seen Gracie on top of the tree. Our big boy Joebob did a short cut from second floor to first without the use of the stairs , definitely scary but he was ok after. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

She is moving from the Gold Coast in Chicago so she is used to high prices but this overly protective, nervous mom is not! I'm flying out with her about a week before she starts work so that will give us time to look around. Thanks.

Here are some websites she can try:

https://www.furnishedfinder.com/

https://www.theblueground.com/

https://www.apartmentlist.com/

https://www.hellolanding.com/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Have you checked out airfare with air2sea?   I haven't heard any talk of them on other threads but they used to have some decent fares.

No, I didn’t think of it. We booked one part already.   I wonder if you could just book return flights from them.  

5 hours ago, George C said:

Cost of flying is ridiculous, because of my height and bad knees we always fly first and that is doubled in last few years . One of our cruises next year is from Texas which will save us a lot even if we fly , flight to NYC or Florida is 3k each round trip. 

We are cruising out of Galveston in January.  We got an OK price on flights.   Not great but not bad.  Surprised me.  We considered driving.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

No, I didn’t think of it. We booked one part already.   I wonder if you could just book return flights from them.  

You used to be able to book one-way with them quite easily and it was standard practice for sailings like TA’s.

However now the website is no longer user friendly and you have to call to check. I am sure it us still available but it is a hassle because you can’t play with options like dates, gateway cities etc. It is more difficult with someone on the phone.

we had several repositioning cruises booked and we could never get a decent choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Yes, they offer one way flights too.    If you ever do a crossing their fares are usually very good for one way flights (or used to be). 

I'm going to price them up for our repositioning cruise on Serenade next September. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Keksie said:

It is 61 here this morning and supposed to get to 71 for the high.  My kind of weather!

My kind of weather too! It is 23°F here right now which is why I will be checking in for my cruise on Odyssey at midnight tonight. It will make the cold a little more tolerable.

• Like 11

51 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

My kind of weather too! It is 23°F here right now which is why I will be checking in for my cruise on Odyssey at midnight tonight. It will make the cold a little more tolerable.

So, are you going to your famous neighbor’s birthday party?   I read that she turns 33 today. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

Snowflake the Elf appeared at the top of one of the trees today.  

2DF2D145-2D74-44CC-B35D-FAD3B4AE14ED.thumb.jpeg.9b791935daa24f63870278d7dfa683fa.jpeg

Last night’s supper.  Filet, baked potatoes and corn.  Sorry, but I already cut up the filet.  It was done just right. 

C4E48928-4496-4D2C-B6AE-46250EF8BCB8.thumb.jpeg.c1d8a03302f6df63c940772e551f5f85.jpeg

Susan does a fantastic job of having a great meal ready for us.  This is meal the grandkids requested the last few weeks. Or as granddaughter says “I want that meat that comes from a cow”

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 10
  • Haha 4