Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@George C I really liked Todd R.  At his concert someone walked out on stage and handed him something.  He threw it in his mouth and washed it down.  When the crowd started getting loud he stopped and said, Really, really, it’s just vitamins.   😂.  I liked synthesizers. He did well with them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@George C I really liked Todd R.  At his concert someone walked out on stage and handed him something.  He threw it in his mouth and washed it down.  When the crowd started getting loud he stopped and said, Really, really, it’s just vitamins.   😂.  I liked synthesizers. He did well with them.

He is amazing we saw him on a cruise two years ago , it was one of the best shows we had seen, after seeing him we booked his show in New York which was canceled because of Covid, on the cruise besides his show he jammed with some of the other acts like the Chicago lead which was at the concert. We also saw him hanging out at martini bar 😁, while posing for our picture he told us he liked our shirts which were from that cruise. Will definitely try to see him again.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

The original way it would have been turning around and putting it on the corner of  the island. You mentioned you like have the counter close by the fridge.........do you mean the counter between fridge and stove or the little counter on the end  you like?

1449065906_CornerOption3.thumb.PNG.849cc64393282101cbff2661ae7907c6.PNG

Not sure if this is old or new but I like the countertop next to the fridge.

32 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

You never heard of Moody Blues ? That I find very surprising.

I've heard of many groups including the Moody Blues but was never familiar with individual names.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Anyone want some rain? Happy to send it your way.  100mm over four days is heading our way this week.

Funny that just a minute ago I paused the tv so I could hear what was going on.  It was thundering so loud it was shaking the house a bit.  Supposed to rain through tomorrow.  May need some this summer.

• Like 2

I like this on a little better, because I find the extra counter space handy. If you have an electrical outlet there, you could put less frequently used appliances (like the toaster) there. We also keep a little unit with pencils and a pad of post-it notes on ours, so we can add to the grocery shopping list as the week goes on. 

529626344_CornerOption2.PNG.1dcce5bca15760f494c0856980108561.png

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

1449065906_CornerOption3.thumb.PNG.849cc64393282101cbff2661ae7907c6.PNG

Not sure if this is old or new but I like the countertop next to the fridge.

I've heard of many groups including the Moody Blues but was never familiar with individual names.

That's the new  design, there is another on that same post with a little counter on the end cabinet on the left.

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

I like this on a little better, because I find the extra counter space handy. If you have an electrical outlet there, you could put less frequently used appliances (like the toaster) there. We also keep a little unit with pencils and a pad of post-it notes on ours, so we can add to the grocery shopping list as the week goes on. 

529626344_CornerOption2.PNG.1dcce5bca15760f494c0856980108561.png

I agree, I like this one.   Maybe have drawers for your lower cabinets or will you have pull out shelves in the lower cabinets next to oven?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

I would also make the two top drawers to the left of the stove, one long one so that you have more room for larger utensils and such.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I cannot figure out why my new phone is not letting me post photos on here.  Let me post that one of towel buddy but nothing since.    I have checked camera settings.   Suggestions?

I don't know what model of phone you have but I'm going to take a guess. It might have to do with permissions. You might make sure that your browser app you are using to upload has access to your photo library. And also check your photo permissions that can be uploaded.

The photos show light up near ceiling. I’d add under counter lights to see what you are doing at the counter.  not sure if there is a light in the hood over the stove.

Quartz is good, have heard great reports from users who upgraded in my condo community. 

our condo builder installed fluorescents instead of can lights. Noisy and not placed correctly when standing at the sink as the light is behind me not over the kitchen counter.  The new led are an improvement, just haven’t had an electrical out.  

Now you know why I’m adding light to your kitchen.  I like my brothers dark countertop but he has windows providing natural light all day to his kitchen. 

Also prefer the large cabinet left of refrigerator as never enough storage unless you have a pantry we don’t see.

my brother is off I-77 closer to blue ridge with mountain and stream views. So pretty but have to watch out for the black bears. Deer all around as well.

think the power outages helped fry the electronics. 

Judy 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, George C said:

I agree I would call celebrity if you are diamond on rccl you will be elite on celebrity unfortunately celebrity doesn’t give you discounts on balconies and suites like rccl does, but the basic suite perks are way better and there suite restaurant and lounge is better . What I like is all there ships have a suite restaurant not just some like rccl and there lounge has free drinks all day .

It's great for suite guests but I do wish Celebrity had a promenade deck which I could walk right around the ship. On my first Celebrity cruise last summer it was probably the thing I missed most 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Of course. I'm picking the room the room I want. The "catch" is that I use an online agency based in Miami. It has a very user friendly site, where you can see all the available cabins. So I just send an email to my TA, telling her: "I want this cabin # (for example balcony E3), which is eligible to an upgrade". Therefore I'll pay the rate of an E4. Somehow, I've paid an C3 rate for a C2 cabin, even though [see below] it is "supposed" to be excluded in Edge class.... Go figure, and I'm not going to argue with X.

Hope I explained myself clearly....

One-Category Upgrade

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a super category upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Upgrades available from categories 11- A1 on all Celebrity ships except Galapagos voyages.

For sailings departing prior to April 12, 2023: Captain's Club one-category upgrade excludes categories: 12, FV, SV, C1 and Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W. On Celebrity Edge categories 12, 9, 7, 6, IO, 1B, 1A, SV, ES, E1, C2, C1, A1 are also excluded.

For sailings departing on or after April 12, 2023: Captain's Club one-category upgrade excludes categories: IS, ES, SV, SC, PO, DO, DI, DV and Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W.

This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to Exciting Deals, Interline, travel agent or employee rates. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Not valid on holiday sailings.

The Captain's Club program terms are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Offers vary by tier, see benefit grid for full details. Captain Club benefits may not be available with other sales and promotions.

Ours is an interline deal so not eligible ☹️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, George C said:

I had never heard of Denny Lane before this concert but he along with the rest of them sounded great , I guess he was the reason they did a couple of wings songs .

Denny Lane is quite well known this side of the Atlantic. Sounds like an amazing concert 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm up and sitting on balcony desperately trying to get photos uploaded to this thread.   I know how to do it but something must be blocking me.

I know OB loves his sunrises😀

I'm waiting for the pictures. How did you get the towel animal to post?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm waiting for the pictures. How did you get the towel animal to post?

Same way as always but nothing else will upload.   I'm going to email myself some photos and try sending from work laptop.   Headed out for coffee and morning laps

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I agree, I like this one.   Maybe have drawers for your lower cabinets or will you have pull out shelves in the lower cabinets next to oven?

Yes, the lower cabinets by the stove will have a drawer the pulls out on the top, and the bottom will have pull out drawers so things can be easily stored in the back on those shelves without having to get on your knees and dig for things on the back of those shelves

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I would also make the two top drawers to the left of the stove, one long one so that you have more room for larger utensils and such.

yes, they will be drawers, the lower cabinet to the right of the stove will have a  one pull out drawer and the bottom of that will be a pullout trash bin on that side.

7 hours ago, happicruzer said:

The photos show light up near ceiling. I’d add under counter lights to see what you are doing at the counter.  not sure if there is a light in the hood over the stove.

Quartz is good, have heard great reports from users who upgraded in my condo community. 

our condo builder installed fluorescents instead of can lights. Noisy and not placed correctly when standing at the sink as the light is behind me not over the kitchen counter.  The new led are an improvement, just haven’t had an electrical out.  

Now you know why I’m adding light to your kitchen.  I like my brothers dark countertop but he has windows providing natural light all day to his kitchen. 

Also prefer the large cabinet left of refrigerator as never enough storage unless you have a pantry we don’t see.

my brother is off I-77 closer to blue ridge with mountain and stream views. So pretty but have to watch out for the black bears. Deer all around as well.

think the power outages helped fry the electronics. 

Judy 

Ceiling  over the stove all ready has a couple of can light son the ceiling all ready since there was a row of cabinets on that wall already............we  will also have  lights under the upper cabinets on that wall. The range hood will have a  dustless exhaust fan insert which will also have lights on it over the stove.

We had a large walk in pantry originally, it was where that corner is and the new cabinets are on the left in that pictures. Getting rid of that, hopefully the large tall cabinets from floor to ceiling will make up for losing that........ There will be another set of cabinets not shown in picture where air return grill is too that will also give us more storage.

Other side of island will also have more cabinets for less used dishes and such. Christmas dishes etc.

The island will have two pretty good sized pendant lights hanging from the ceiling. So we should have plenty of light in the kitchen.  Currently there are a few more can lights above in kitchen we may or may not keep.

Since we have been here we have yet to see a bear, but we did see one pretty good size bear print at the end of my driveway where I had just planted some new plants and the ground was fresh and soft.  the paw size was probably a little larger then my hand, so I was told by a neighbor that was a pretty good size Bear.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm up and sitting on balcony desperately trying to get photos uploaded to this thread.   I know how to do it but something must be blocking me.

I know OB loves his sunrises😀

Debbie,

Enjoy every little moment of your cruise. You can come back and figure out how/what pictures to post.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 8

We had a warm up for our summer of fun 2.0 yesterday.  The grandkids slept over Sunday night, and we had them for the day Monday.  

Took them to the football field for a game of young vs middle age, young old.  Not sure how it happened, but grandson had a 95 yard touchdown.  Maybe it had something to do with the combined age of the “O” line being 15, and the combined age of the “D” line being 135. How did he get faster than us?  At least I can still catch my granddaughter, but not for long. 

The slides contributed to interesting hair styles. 

67959C22-F135-452A-A749-AEC4B2ED1A22.thumb.jpeg.ac85649744bc43cd8fc0a4b7d57c129b.jpeg

Today is a yard work day.  Heading for a walk at the lake, then we plan to do spring yard cleanup for our 95 YO neighbor.  Leaf and sticks cleanup, then yard rolling.  

• Like 10