Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

29 minutes ago, Mrs. H. said:

Such a lovely picture.

Such a lovely picture.

Thank you.

We live near the coast in North East England.

We sailed on Norwegian Gems maiden cruise from Dover England in October 2007 and again a couple of years later.

They are our only Norwegian cruises as we have sailed primarily on Royal Caribbean,Princess,and P&O.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, George C said:

I grew up on a different area of Brooklyn in Ridgewood across the street from queens . Also lived in Carrol gardens which is close to the Brooklyn bridge , also worked for a while at A&S in IT. 

My Mom was born in Ridgewood, Brooklyn side.  Moved to 5th Ave around 83rd Street.

My husband was born and raised in Brownsville. YIKES!

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Mrs. H. said:

My Mom had the name Robert Jr. picked out for me so when I was born, (Shore Road Hospital/Bklyn),

they asked my Mom 'what is it' and she said "a boy" and they asked again and she said "a boy' so they slapped her and she said "a girl" which was her 3rd girl.  She said she liked the name Debbie and Gayle and they didn't put Debbie on birth certificates, but I think she saw the name on a nurses uniform and went with it after deciding on a name for 7 days.  lol   

Welcome Mrs H!  I’m also a Debbie, but mostly go by Deb.  My actual 1st name is Debra.  I’m named after Debbie Reynolds. Apparently my mother was so convinced I would be a boy she didn’t bother to pick out a girls name.  Debbie Reynolds & Eddie Fisher were an item the year I was born and my Dad’s name was Ed.  So in some flawed logic, she chose Debbie for me 🤷🏻‍♀️.

We look forward to getting to know you.  

• Like 6

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have been on 3 cruises with Arzeena and her husband.Marietta and Charlie were on the last cruise I was on but unfortunately we did not get to meet.A guy named John to posted on here in 2020 but then proofed was on a cruise that I was on a few years ago and a woman named Evie who also posted on here once in 2020 was on several cruises that I was on.

Lenny I think it was just one with us, but I know you cruised more than once with our mutual friends from PA. They had mentioned it.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Welcome Mrs H!  I’m also a Debbie, but mostly go by Deb.  My actual 1st name is Debra.  I’m named after Debbie Reynolds. Apparently my mother was so convinced I would be a boy she didn’t bother to pick out a girls name.  Debbie Reynolds & Eddie Fisher were an item the year I was born and my Dad’s name was Ed.  So in some flawed logic, she chose Debbie for me 🤷🏻‍♀️.

We look forward to getting to know you.  

Our Mom's were a lot alike back around the same time.  Totally convinced I was a boy.  

Mine is spelled Deborah....and we're not Jewish!  lol  
I've been going by Debs for the longest time now.

lol Alexa just gave me a reminder: Deborah, clock out.  Thought I was funny when I told Alexa my name and thought for sure she would say it right.  Nope, she says Debra.  

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Mrs. H. said:

Thank you for the invite. 

Welcome, I am a NJ native, most recently Hunterdon County, but moved south almost 5 years ago.  This is definitely a great group, I try to keep up but it's hard at times with so much great conversation.  Don't comment a lot but try to like posts to let others know we are here.  By the way I am April.

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I had at least 6 pages to wade through and was happy to see we have a new resident. @MRS. H Debbie welcome to our wonderful group.

I'm Bonnie, husband is Jack.  He grew up in Israel, I lived in Williamsburg, Bklyn for the first 2 years of my life, then Grand St in Manhattan and now living the life in a suburb of Dallas.  My brother in law lived in Brownsville for many years and then moved to East Flatbush very close to Tilden H.S.

So happy to have you join us.

Lenny, hope you can get the new chair soon.  It brings more freedom for you which will be much welcome I am sure.

I have 9 more 1 hour online courses to take for my new job so I won't be on CC much.  Now y'all behave yourselves, hear???

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If you do can you drop a note on here letting us know that you started your thread?

If I am COVID negative at 7am....................................................

I'll be posting by 7:38 am   Yes 7:38am

That gives me time to screw up the first test kit, and the DH hold my hand while I do the second.

But we do have a test scheduled at Walgreens at 10:00 am, if I really cannot do anything right.

Pray for first attempt,

Hoping for NEGATIVE.

• Like 18

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

We are doing the excursion that you swim with sharks.  

Besides we have 2 turtle habitats in our downstairs family room.  We have SLO-POKE we adopted when he was just a puddle jumper over 15 years ago. He will eat any from flies to bologna to shrimp to cat food. 

61174FCF-D240-43E7-BC03-85C283EB81CA.jpeg

Our grandson Ryan has 2 big turtles in his bedroom.  I think they are called red eared sliders.  Last night they had fresh strawberries!

Our granddaughter Ava swam with the sharks when she was in the Dominican Republic last month.

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We tested negative!  We are waiting to hear our cruise friends results.   Out of gas so I am trying to push mow with the electric mower.   

Yay!!!!  Great news!!!!!  Enjoy Alaska!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I had at least 6 pages to wade through and was happy to see we have a new resident. @MRS. H Debbie welcome to our wonderful group.

I'm Bonnie, husband is Jack.  He grew up in Israel, I lived in Williamsburg, Bklyn for the first 2 years of my life, then Grand St in Manhattan and now living the life in a suburb of Dallas.  My brother in law lived in Brownsville for many years and then moved to East Flatbush very close to Tilden H.S.

So happy to have you join us.

Lenny, hope you can get the new chair soon.  It brings more freedom for you which will be much welcome I am sure.

I have 9 more 1 hour online courses to take for my new job so I won't be on CC much.  Now y'all behave yourselves, hear???

My husband lived (and survived) in the Tilden projects and when to Tilden HS an Carnasie HS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrs. H. said:

Ok, where's all the Brooklyn people? 

I was reading some posts while I was on a zoom meeting earlier this morning.

I was born and raised by the Verrazzano Bridge.   We were so close, there was a time they knocked on my father's door and said we had to move since the highway was going to go thru our house. (eminent domain)  Dad started looking for a new house, but they moved the highway over by a block, so we never got to move.  We were able to see the bridge from our kitchen and bathroom windows.

Love to hear from others on where they hung out in Bay Ridge.

I see Len mentioned Crazy Country Club with the warm beer and louse food.  lol

I think the name of the place I frequented was called the Penthouse(?)  A lot of the OTB (Off the boat) guys hung out there...lol

I was always at my friends parents apartment on Bay 19th Street on the weekends.  My friend and her husband have lived on Bay 19th across the street from her parents'  since they married years ago.  I  also would go to Knapp street to pick up my friend MaryLou, since she didn't drive.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

IMG_20220416_114952.jpg

Lovely picture of you and Pauline!

37 minutes ago, Mrs. H. said:

Mine is spelled Deborah....and we're not Jewish!  lol  
I've been going by Debs for the longest time now. 

My niece is also spelled Deborah.

18 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

If I am COVID negative at 7am....................................................

I'll be posting by 7:38 am   Yes 7:38am

Pray for first attempt,

Hoping for NEGATIVE.

You've got this, Sue!!😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

The three I am looking at are to pick one for this fall.  I am still looking at that one on Voyager for next fall.

Thanks Seems like I can't seem to get dates right.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We have Allure booked with the same itinerary in October.  We have never been to Aruba.  We will eat at the place that was suggested here.  

WestDeck restaurant - great food, great drinks and absolutely gorgeous sunsets!   

We usually take 1 large case each and then one small case with shampoos, conditioner, lotion, etc. then we each have a back pack with our essentials (phone chargers, camera, meds, laptop, etc. ).    Always easy to pack for warm weather but I guess you have lots of sweatshirts, coats, etc. to be prepared for the Alaskan weather.   

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We tested negative!  We are waiting to hear our cruise friends results.   Out of gas so I am trying to push mow with the electric mower.   

Great news!  Have an awesome time!

We are back to possibly cancelling.  We are supposed to sail Monday, so can cancel under cruise with confidence up until midnight Seattle time on Friday. ☹️

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We got some Samsonite hard suitcases before the last cruise.  We love them.  They roll nice.  We usually only use one each so we are having to also use the old ones this time.

We have Allure booked with the same itinerary in October.  We have never been to Aruba.  We will eat at the place that was suggested here.  

DW has an alarm for the airline set at 1pm today.  Time to go test.  Wish us luck!

fingers and toes crossed for negative tests

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

You are correct, sir! You have a sharp memory. 

Feel free to call me H but hopefully people will not confuse me with @Mrs. H. as last time I checked, I'm a Mr.🥸

Yes,you are a Mr.H.When I was a kid ,for some reason everyone seemed to be named Lenny,boys only that is.One of my friends began to address me by my middle name which begins with an H.When I posted on another cruise board prior to CC I continued to use the H name.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Great choice!!   I am sure it will look beautiful when done🤩

Thank you!  I sure hope I made the right decision, although anything would look better than the crumbling concrete that's going on under the brick.  It's funny (or not) when we looked at the house when we decided we wanted it, were certain things we didn't notice  (like that they painted over wallpaper, etc).   

As I was driving home from Mah jongg a little while ago, I looked at every home that's a block away from us, and most of the homes did have the limestone, and it did look very nice.

• Like 4