Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thank you all.  We are getting ready for the 2:00 viewing.  I don’t know how the little ones are going to be.  The 11 year old wrote a letter to his dad but we haven’t been able to read it😢It hit them hard yesterday.  

Such unbelievable pain. I hope you can all get through it and get comfort from the friends who come. 

I’ll be thinking about you all and praying for your daughter and her children. 
The hurt never goes away, it just becomes more bearable. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

5CD0EB44-2656-40BB-B89F-57A02EBD86F3.thumb.png.a4005ce259ce526beb35e97ce8c67770.png

As a bourbon enthusiast,  I’ve waited 6 years for this day. Holladay Distillery which is about 50 miles north of me in Weston Missouri had it release day for their first bourbon in over 30 years. You may of heard of their other brands McCormick. Today I was one of over 300 people who lined up patiently to purchase a bottle.

DA88D46A-53E5-4D69-905A-66686079D21C.thumb.jpeg.dea5bca90f69b9687867c1525b6c1f5b.jpeg

6088B715-50D3-40B2-BDC7-277438C95B9A.thumb.jpeg.c09585ecc041b55bb225b4cbb4980855.jpeg

2C3D3FAB-184D-410C-BC1B-02C3019CEFE6.thumb.jpeg.d6903ff7819a3e61df173bb2be03533f.jpeg

This is a 6 year bottled in bond bourbon that I actually got to taste straight from the barrel over two and half years ago when I did a news story about the distillery.

A96EC8A4-2749-4E07-8A85-1C446F26180C.thumb.jpeg.70e8fa1e7524fd5b2f54b53d6816b4e8.jpeg

the first release will be limited to Missouri and Kansas but it will eventually be sold nationwide. Keep an eye out for Ben Holladay Missouri Bourbon. It’s fantastic. I even got my bottle signed by the master distiller himself Kyle Merklein

853B4CFB-8389-4B59-ABCE-9D1D67779982.thumb.jpeg.e4f32e3ec0296843b8033cc7e9c3cf78.jpeg

Cheers everyone!

• Like 15

25 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Such unbelievable pain. I hope you can all get through it and get comfort from the friends who come. 

I’ll be thinking about you all and praying for your daughter and her children. 
The hurt never goes away, it just becomes more bearable. 

So very true,Mimi

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The island is very busy today.    On our way home from Mustache Bills and a stroll around the lighthouse and the park there was a continuous flow of cars coming over the causeway to the island.   A lot of people coming down to open up their homes, just like us.      And I saw some of the hotels/motel parking lots are filling up too.      Busy busy but still very peaceful.     Back to work on the patio/flowers, etc.    

Who keeps up with the flowers when you aren't there to water them?

17 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Who keeps up with the flowers when you aren't there to water them?

Mother nature and my tenants are  repeat tenants for several years and tell me how beautiful the flowers are so they water them too!  I don't ask them to but I leave large watering can out.   And we have a hose reel on the main deck and another around the side where outdoor shower is located with a small deck and built in bench with built in flower pots.  In these pots I put tomato plants and herbs that tenants are welcome to pick and eat.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sorry, I am behind.   Where are you at, RI?  51⁰ .I can't see far either.   Maybe I should get up and open the curtains.  😆 

We got our boarding passes for tomorrow.   Hope that goes well.

We are at our shore house in LBI, NJ.  

Today is gorgeous sunny day around 80 with light breeze.   

I hear it is in the 90s at home in PA.  

Back to heat for you too!

Safe travels home tomorrow😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HBE4 said:
3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are at our shore house in LBI, NJ.  

Today is gorgeous sunny day around 80 with light breeze.   

I hear it is in the 90s at home in PA.  

Back to heat for you too!

Safe travels home tomorrow😃

It was 84 today .I was outside briefly and it felt good.

There was a wicked storm that rolled through the province this morning.  There are still thousands of people without power, there was a tornado near Ottawa and unfortunately two people passed away from sustained injuries. The generators are still running at all three houses here with no idea when power will come back on.

Thankfully it wasn’t worse as we only have one large tree limb down on the farms. I’ll move it with the tractor when the time is right. 

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

There was a wicked storm that rolled through the province this morning.  There are still thousands of people without power, there was a tornado near Ottawa and unfortunately two people passed away from sustained injuries. The generators are still running at all three houses here with no idea when power will come back on.

Thankfully it wasn’t worse as we only have one large tree limb down on the farms. I’ll move it with the tractor when the time is right. 

Apparently, we experienced a derecho in the region.  Never heard that word before... look it up.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

That's horrible.   Thank God everyone in your family is safe😃

Always thankful for generators!

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Apparently, we experienced a derecho in the region.  Never heard that word before... look it up.

Very interesting reading. I only heard about the tornado on the weather network but that had to have been before analysts had viewed the damage. From the photos I’ve seen from Ottawa it looked rough.

Hopefully you didn’t have serious damage. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Very interesting reading. I only heard about the tornado on the weather network but that had to have been before analysts had viewed the damage. From the photos I’ve seen from Ottawa it looked rough.

Hopefully you didn’t have serious damage. 

We didn't have any problems other than some flickering lights.  Plenty of fire department sirensmon the neighbourhood though responding to downed power lines and a couple of natural gas leaks.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My TSOTD is a new I got in Antigua in January.   Eric is wearing his new one from St. Maarten

I have about 20 that I have not worn yet.Everytime my soon to be 18 year old granddaughter went to look at colleges she brought me shirts from them .Every time my children went on a trip of some kind in the past year they brought me tee shirts.I usually get one or two for Fathers Day and my birthday along with other gifts.

• Like 3

Our long day is over.  I have never seen such an outpouring of love from so many people.  There were my daughter’s fellow teachers, family , friends and even some strangers who just felt sad.  The kids said their goodbyes and our hearts broke a little more.

Going to bed now and hope to finally get a decent sleep.  Thanks again for your kind thoughts and prayers.

Marietta

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Today I was on the phone with Royal to book some cruises. The lady says to me I have a nice voice, a sexy one. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 No I tell her, this is my sick voice since I’m getting over covid. I start laughing which sends me into a coughing fit. Maybe I should try to keep my sick voice. 🤣  We both tested negative today. Isn’t it to soon for Mike (probably for me too) to be testing negative? Mike first tested positive on the 13th and now 8 days later he’s negative. I first tested positive on the 9th. I’m still having a little bit of a cough. I told Mike he should test again in a few days to see if he is still negative.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Our long day is over.  I have never seen such an outpouring of love from so many people.  There were my daughter’s fellow teachers, family , friends and even some strangers who just felt sad.  The kids said their goodbyes and our hearts broke a little more.

Going to bed now and hope to finally get a decent sleep.  Thanks again for your kind thoughts and prayers.

Marietta

Oh Marietta, I don't have the words to express my sadness for your family. My heart breaks for the children and your daughter. 

I hope they found and will continue to find some relief in the love that surrounds them and you 

Sue

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So we had a little adventure yesterday. Gary's cousin had invited us to RHS Wisley, a 240 acre garden which were doing a special evening event for dogs which normally can't enter.

We took a picnic and started to enjoy it about 7.30.  At 8.30 we heard a bell ringing. Realised there was noone else around and said maybe its closing. Our cousin said no need to hurry and we finally made our way to the exit at 8.50 to find everything closed up, the exit locked and noone around. 

I figured I could shimmy up and over the gates but we had a 92 year old with us. 

Gary went on a search and finally found a security office who let us out. Thought we would have to cuddle the dogs to keep warm.

I told Mary she was still having adventures at 92!

It was a lovely evening though

20220521_183455.thumb.jpg.0715de5566e02f7e0ef2f54237687335.jpg

20220521_191921.thumb.jpg.79f0e7d6583cdae1849bc6cbb829a20e.jpg

20220521_193031.thumb.jpg.81339ff0466a4952316d357dbd1df7f9.jpg

20220521_204607.thumb.jpg.48a986bc10161f0f8cb353b442eca8bf.jpg

20220521_203331.thumb.jpg.ca494e6da7bb793a8ac7b71afe5f29c2.jpg20220521_204952.thumb.jpg.b2bcb594a79b8e9f7eed73698a7f3b6b.jpg

• Like 24

19 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

5CD0EB44-2656-40BB-B89F-57A02EBD86F3.thumb.png.a4005ce259ce526beb35e97ce8c67770.png

As a bourbon enthusiast,  I’ve waited 6 years for this day. Holladay Distillery which is about 50 miles north of me in Weston Missouri had it release day for their first bourbon in over 30 years. You may of heard of their other brands McCormick. Today I was one of over 300 people who lined up patiently to purchase a bottle.

DA88D46A-53E5-4D69-905A-66686079D21C.thumb.jpeg.dea5bca90f69b9687867c1525b6c1f5b.jpeg

6088B715-50D3-40B2-BDC7-277438C95B9A.thumb.jpeg.c09585ecc041b55bb225b4cbb4980855.jpeg

2C3D3FAB-184D-410C-BC1B-02C3019CEFE6.thumb.jpeg.d6903ff7819a3e61df173bb2be03533f.jpeg

This is a 6 year bottled in bond bourbon that I actually got to taste straight from the barrel over two and half years ago when I did a news story about the distillery.

A96EC8A4-2749-4E07-8A85-1C446F26180C.thumb.jpeg.70e8fa1e7524fd5b2f54b53d6816b4e8.jpeg

the first release will be limited to Missouri and Kansas but it will eventually be sold nationwide. Keep an eye out for Ben Holladay Missouri Bourbon. It’s fantastic. I even got my bottle signed by the master distiller himself Kyle Merklein

853B4CFB-8389-4B59-ABCE-9D1D67779982.thumb.jpeg.e4f32e3ec0296843b8033cc7e9c3cf78.jpeg

Cheers everyone!

Quite a line.  The locals must know how good it is.  I'll definitely keep an eye out here.  

My neighbor recently returned from Charlotte, NC and brought me a bottle of Rua Whiskey from a distillery there.  I've never heard of Rua.  It's not a bourbon...made from 100% barley.  Anyone else familiar with it?  I'll wait to open it until we have them over to the house.  He also brought me a 4 pack of an IPA called Juicy Jay from Legion Brewing.  I didn't wait on the beer...it was very tasty.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Marietta

There are no words that could fully express our heartbreak.  We are all here for you through this difficult time.  💔

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Today I was on the phone with Royal to book some cruises. The lady says to me I have a nice voice, a sexy one. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 No I tell her, this is my sick voice since I’m getting over covid. I start laughing which sends me into a coughing fit. Maybe I should try to keep my sick voice. 🤣  We both tested negative today. Isn’t it to soon for Mike (probably for me too) to be testing negative? Mike first tested positive on the 13th and now 8 days later he’s negative. I first tested positive on the 9th. I’m still having a little bit of a cough. I told Mike he should test again in a few days to see if he is still negative.

Not sure what the proper time is but DH and I went from positive to negative, one 7 days the other 8 although we both felt better before the negative tests.  Not sure there really is a normal, hear things all over.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1