Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm still in rehab, a bit of pain but haven't had to take my "happy pills" in over 24 hours. PT is tough, strengthening my good leg and arms to take over when I have to stand, move without putting any weight on my operated ankle.  8 more weeks of this and then I start PT when I can finally put weight on both legs.  I have no idea when I will be sent home but glad to be here to get as strong as possible.  

Bonnie, how long has it been now, since your "journey" with your ankle began?  I'm sorry that it will be another 8 weeks of strengthening  your good leg and arm, and then more PT to come.  You've got a great, positive attitude which is so very helpful in the long run.🥰

I'll be starting PT after my 2 MRI's tomorrow for my neck and lumbar.  Dang, but I really hate MRI's!  Especially of the neck, since they ask you not to swallow.  So hard not to do!

Good luck, my friend!  You can do this!!😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sounds like a great time... not.

I agree I don’t do big crowds especially at concerts. I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t go to concerts anymore. Too many people, too loud and I’m not interested in standing. I would  much rather listen to the music I like in my home theater in my recliner theater chair. As a longtime drummer/percussionist and former pro I’ve lost a lot of my hearing. Can’t afford to lose anymore.

• Like 8

@George C- Just thinking,did you see “It Was 50 Years Ago Today” on LI or closer to you in Dallas.

We definitely would have enjoyed the show, but we are still conservative with what we do because of Covid. In 2008, we were much younger so we could handle a four hour round trip drive in the dark and we weren’t hesitant to be in crowds. Ah,youth !

Glad you enjoyed the show!

@lenquixote66 Lenny- I have been a Beatles fan since they arrived in NYC and Cousin Brucie introduced them to the US audience. Woodstock happened when I was a junior in HS. No way was I going upstate for that weekend! 

Anyway, I am sure you enjoy listening to Retro69.

This Summer,our local beach is putting on concerts of mostly local bands. There is going to be one on Labor Day weekend that is a Beatles tribute band. We plan on going to it. After all, it is a five minute drive and the time is 5:00 to 7:30. - just right for us!

Hoping all are having a pleasant day !

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

@George C- Just thinking,did you see “It Was 50 Years Ago Today” on LI or closer to you in Dallas.

We definitely would have enjoyed the show, but we are still conservative with what we do because of Covid. In 2008, we were much younger so we could handle a four hour round trip drive in the dark and we weren’t hesitant to be in crowds. Ah,youth !

Glad you enjoyed the show!

@lenquixote66 Lenny- I have been a Beatles fan since they arrived in NYC and Cousin Brucie introduced them to the US audience. Woodstock happened when I was a junior in HS. No way was I going upstate for that weekend! 

Anyway, I am sure you enjoy listening to Retro69.

This Summer,our local beach is putting on concerts of mostly local bands. There is going to be one on Labor Day weekend that is a Beatles tribute band. We plan on going to it. After all, it is a five minute drive and the time is 5:00 to 7:30. - just right for us!

Hoping all are having a pleasant day !

MJ🙋🏻

We saw it a couple of months ago in downtown Dallas, cool old theater approximately 100 years old, saw Herb Albert there a couple of years ago and said he loved playing here since it was one of the few theaters older than he was. Was extremely lucky to get front row seats . We had seen Todd Rundgren on a cruise a couple of years ago and was wearing a shirt from that cruise and Todd told us he liked that. Christofer Cross wasn’t in the picture with us since he had a bad case of Covid and was talking any chances. I was in the army at Ft Sill Oklahoma during Woodstock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I agree I don’t do big crowds especially at concerts. I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t go to concerts anymore. Too many people, too loud and I’m not interested in standing. I would  much rather listen to the music I like in my home theater in my recliner theater chair. As a longtime drummer/percussionist and former pro I’ve lost a lot of my hearing. Can’t afford to lose anymore.

I hope your new knee is making life a lot better for you Greg.

I have an appointment on Thursday and hopefully will have a steroid injection in my right knee.

• Like 7

Well it’s my turn.  Andy was working on the siding around the new bedroom window when the ladder tipped and he fell.  Thankfully he landed on the grass but he put his hand out to break the fall.  It looks exactly like Owens. He was also having some back pain so I called a rescue.  We’re at the hospital now, he just went for a cat scan & X-rays but they’re saying he will likely need surgery on the wrist.   I’m just thankful I was home. 

• Like 26

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Well it’s my turn.  Andy was working on the siding around the new bedroom window when the ladder tipped and he fell.  Thankfully he landed on the grass but he put his hand out to break the fall.  It looks exactly like Owens. He was also having some back pain so I called a rescue.  We’re at the hospital now, he just went for a cat scan & X-rays but they’re saying he will likely need surgery on the wrist.   I’m just thankful I was home. 

I'm so sorry to hear your news Deb.

I hope Andy's wrist is repaired successfully and he is not in much pain.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Sorry. Are you at Kent?

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sorry. Are you at Kent?

No they brought him to RI Hospital. He had an excellent Orthopedic surgeon who reattached his thumb several years ago (another home improvement injury), so hoping we can get him again.  

• Like 10

39 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Oh no!  Hopefully this is as quick and painless as possible for Andy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you for your good wishes, MJ!  My Dad was in Lenox Hill Hospital after his accident put him in a Coma, and where he passed away.  We were very happy with Lenox;  the nurses there were very professional, as well as very compassionate.

My last living uncle passed away last year at age 98.Even though he lived in NJ he never gave up his Lenox Hill doctors because he always felt that they were wonderful.He always praised the nursing staff.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

My 21st Birthday fell on the Woodstock Weekend.  I debated going to Woodstock, or the Osprey bar in Manasquan.  Manasquan was the winner, and a great time I had celebrating there!  Even more special, was part of the band that I knew from Florida was there playing next door.  Good times,,,good times!!😁

I was slightly older. Toby and I were in Montreal on Woodstock weekend .We were there for two weeks.It was our first time there.In the summer of 1968 we went to Atlantic City to go to a concert .That was way before gambling.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thank goodness you were home when Andy fell, Deb.    I sure hope the back pain is just some soreness from falling, and nothing more.  Sorry to hear that he will likely be needing surgery. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Bonnie, how long has it been now, since your "journey" with your ankle began?  I'm sorry that it will be another 8 weeks of strengthening  your good leg and arm, and then more PT to come.  You've got a great, positive attitude which is so very helpful in the long run.🥰

I'll be starting PT after my 2 MRI's tomorrow for my neck and lumbar.  Dang, but I really hate MRI's!  Especially of the neck, since they ask you not to swallow.  So hard not to do!

Good luck, my friend!  You can do this!!😉

I only do Stand Up MRI’s.I have a Brain MRI every February and usually one of my lumbar spine every year.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I think I will just stay sitting on the couch.  All these injuries!!! our friend broke her arm last week and had surgery.  She is in so much pain.  So, I will sit🤪

Sounds like a plan, Marietta!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

My first concert was in 1961 and my last in 2016.That is 55 years and I too have lost a lot of my hearing.We have several well known singers living in our area and they performed in free outdoor concerts.

A doo wop singer who has been around since 1959 lives in my condo development and prior to the pandemic had been singing with his group in the clubhouse.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Geez, I'm not even living the living room.........all these injuries are scary. Hope everyone feels better real soon.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

So sorry this happened to Owen.  Wishes for his recovery to be as painless as possible.

Andrew, you might not have had the Father's Day you envisioned but you were where you had to be.  With your son. That says it all.  You and Lisa are great parents.

@Sunshine3601Debbie, please keep those beach posts coming.  They put me in a wonderful, carefree place in my mind.

107, 108 temps later this week.  Oy!

I'm still in rehab, a bit of pain but haven't had to take my "happy pills" in over 24 hours. PT is tough, strengthening my good leg and arms to take over when I have to stand, move without putting any weight on my operated ankle.  8 more weeks of this and then I start PT when I can finally put weight on both legs.  I have no idea when I will be sent home but glad to be here to get as strong as possible.  

Hope every man who made a positive impact on a child's life had a fabulous Father's Day yesterday.

Wishing and praying for a complete recovery for you,Bonnie.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

So sorry this happened!  Hope he heals quickly.