Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You won't get that either - get used to being limited to 5Mbps or less - plenty for streaming.

You are probably right but I was hoping for more especially uploading high resolution pics and videos.

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We will  be boarding the Allure on Saturday for an 8 day cruise stopping at Labadee,  Aruba and Curacao. 

I thought you were leaving this morning when I saw your luggage pic yesterday and I thought you set sail on Saturday too.  Am I remembering correctly that you will stop at Puerto Rico?

I probably mentioned it a while back that we were to set sail  on Saturday but I got my days mixed up (as retired life will do that to you) But we do seat sail on Sunday. We will be leaving early Friday since we are staying two nights Galveston pre cruise.

I'm excited to see your pics from Curacao and Aruba. We want to go back there. And no stop in PR, this will be Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Falmouth.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Did they do a line crossing ceremony?

They are supposed to do a shortened version of it due to covid. 

10 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Your wifi still works?

That is deserving of a ceremony of its own. 😉

So far so good. Hoping it stays that way. In 2018 it was spotty, but maybe we aren't in that area yet.

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Every one here is praying for her recovery !!!

Elite Israeli Air Force unit rescues American who had heart attack on Odyssey between Ashdod (Israel) and Limassol (Cyprus), according to the Times of Israel -- 

"....

Elite Israeli Air Force unit rescues American who had heart attack on cruise ship

Evacuation made following requests by American officials; woman brought to Haifa hospital.

The Israeli Air Force’s elite helicopter-borne search and rescue unit evacuated an elderly American citizen from a cruise in the Mediterranean early Thursday morning, after she apparently had a heart attack.

The Unit 669 crew brought the woman to Haifa’s Rambam Medical Center, where she was being treated.

The evacuation was made following a request made by American officials, according to a military source.

There was no immediate comment from Rambam on the woman’s condition.

Unit 669, which specializes in complex combat rescue operations, including outside of Israel’s borders, is routinely dispatched to rescue civilians in incidents where civil emergency services are unable to.

..."

Thank goodness for the Elite Israeli Air Force Unit in rescuing her. Wishing her and her family all the best with a speedy recovery. ❤

• Like 6

Have a wonderful cruise all of you!

I am going to be busy reading Greg's review, and looking at Ozark's pics all week and then making a mad dash to pack for our cruise on the Equinox. We are driving down next week, will stop in SC and Orlando.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

They will open up the flow.......they are probably just figuring out how to make us pay more for the "unthrottled" (aka Ultra Upgraded Super Star Voom) version.  🙄

While on this subject, it is my personal experience that the internet on Royal ships is far faster and better than Celebrity.

definitely much better than HAL too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Hearing aids have microphones in them.  That is part of how they work.

Heck, even my wife’s Apple Watch can be used to answer calls and talk to people, whenever she is not near her phone.  Reminds me of Dick Tracy when she has her wrist up to her mouth, and she is taking to the watch.

Huh! My Phonak  hearing aids are lower priced…no Bluetooth! 
learn something new every day!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We just got our 3rd Booster and they said expect a sore arm for a day or 2 which is a good sign. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you received your second dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine and experienced a sore arm and perhaps some fever, well, good for you.

“That’s typically a good sign,” said Fred Campbell, MD, an internal medicine physician and associate professor of medicine at UT Health San Antonio. “In general, a good local reaction is consistent with the body’s defense against that particular vaccine, which means the development of antibodies.”

But, he quickly added, everyone is different. If you don’t have a sore arm, “that doesn’t mean the vaccine is not working, it’s just that if you do it’s likely you’re getting a good response.”

Mild symptoms can begin immediately after getting the shot or within a few minutes or hours and can last a day or so, “but almost never for more than 36 hours,” Dr. Campbell said.

Not sure what that says about me and a lot of other people. I didn't have any reaction or pain in my arm for all 4 shots. This year I didn't have pain in my arm at all from the flu shot which I usually do. Was surprised by this as it usually hurts afterwards.

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I agree they don't make improvements on something without an upcharge for it. Gives them a valid reason to charge you more and make MORE MONEY.

Someone has to pay for the upgrades and it won't be Royal in the end.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

@BonTexasNY  Few More pictures of the area changing seasons.

These pictures are taken from the Road going up and over Draper Mountain, kind of a gloomy day here today, so the pictures don't show the colors very good. Not a lot of reds out yet either.

20221013_112227.jpg

20221013_112246.jpg

20221013_112300.jpg

The is Calfee Park where now the Pulaski River Turtles play baseball, 3 years ago just before we moved here it was  home of one of the New York Yankees Farm teams. I'm told even Derek Jeter once played on this field during a rehab stint. The field is one of the best minor league fields in the area. All the All- Stars games are played here.

20221013_112356.jpg

The Pulaski Yankees were a minor league baseball team based in Pulaski, Virginia, United States. They were an Advanced Rookie League team in the Appalachian League.[1] The team played its home games at Calfee Park. They were affiliated with several Major League Baseball teams, including the New York Yankees in their final season.

The Pulaski Yankees were awarded Minor League Baseball's top honor, the John H. Johnson President's Award, in 2019. The award recognizes the "complete baseball franchise—based on franchise stability, contributions to league stability, contributions to baseball in the community, and promotion of the baseball industry."[2]

The start of the 2020 season was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic before ultimately being cancelled on June 30.[3][4] In conjunction with a contraction of Minor League Baseball beginning with the 2021 season, the Appalachian League was reorganized as a collegiate summer baseball league, and the Yankees were replaced by a new franchise, the Pulaski River Turtles, in the revamped league designed for rising college freshmen and sophomores.[5]

20221013_112414.jpg

This is the Lookout on Draper Mountain where you can pull over and look out from each sides of the mountain. 

We go up to the top of the Look Out sometimes and take  a  bagged lunch. It's awesome how far you can see on a clear day.

20221013_115941.jpg

20221013_120056.jpg

20221013_120207.jpg

20221013_120215.jpg

20221013_120222.jpg

20221013_120227.jpg

20221013_120236.jpg

20221013_120353.jpg

Beautiful!

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Kind of gloomy here today too. Our leaf colors are supposed to peak this weekend, but heavy rain and wind brought a bunch down last night. 

If the sun was out, the color would pop more. 

7725D375-3FBD-4CDA-9995-9D00C34102D1.thumb.jpeg.fa8880cc720a9e37ebf36b8964964959.jpeg

Also beautiful!

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I need to try that out.  I didn't now that you could talk to someone and your hearing aids would pick it up.

My aids have a built in microphone.  I can hear people clearly and they hear me as well.

17 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Huh! My Phonak  hearing aids are lower priced…no Bluetooth! 
learn something new every day!

Mimi, my hearing aids are also Phonak.  I have a phone app that manages settings but I rarely use it.  Mine are 11 months old.  I have no idea how it works since my Audiologist programmed bluetooth for my phone and computer audio.  My previous hearing aids were not compatible for bluetooth technology.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Not sure what that says about me and a lot of other people. This year I didn't have pain in my arm at all from the flu shot which I usually do. Was surprised by this as it usually hurts afterwards.

Same here, first time no pain after the flu shot. Moreover, usually I got sick with flu-like symptoms after the shot.

This time -- nada.

Grateful.

We're eligible for the 3rd booster... Since I've had Covid less than 4 months ago, not in a hurry this time. Neither is DH, even though he was not sick.

Somehow, here, Covid stopped being an "issue".....

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am, once again, having trouble keeping track of who is on what ship, where they are going, and what dates the cruise runs from.😑

You can add in that I will be going to North Carolina next week for a fiber festival.  Good times!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We will  be boarding the Allure on Saturday for an 8 day cruise stopping at Labadee,  Aruba and Curacao. 

I thought you were leaving this morning when I saw your luggage pic yesterday and I thought you set sail on Saturday too.  Am I remembering correctly that you will stop at Puerto Rico?

Enjoy your cruise

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

What is a fiber festival? I just know what it does in the gastro intestinal tract.

It is all things weaving, spinning (yarn), yarn and patterns.  It is in 2 big buildings for the vendors.  There are classes also.  There will be llamas and probably an angora rabbit or two.  We are going a day early to check out yarn and antique stores.  There are 6 of us, we have a nice house rented and will take turns cooking dinner for the house.  I am bringing pumpkin lasagna and snickerdoodles.  After dinner we spend the evening knitting, showing off what we bought and talking about all manner of things.  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Keksie said:

It is all things weaving, spinning (yarn), yarn and patterns.  It is in 2 big buildings for the vendors.  There are classes also.  There will be llamas and probably an angora rabbit or two.  We are going a day early to check out yarn and antique stores.  There are 6 of us, we have a nice house rented and will take turns cooking dinner for the house.  I am bringing pumpkin lasagna and snickerdoodles.  After dinner we spend the evening knitting, showing off what we bought and talking about all manner of things.  

Pumpkin Lasagna????? umm umm ummm!

Please make sure OB's Crystal Spreadsheet has the address to THAT house!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am, once again, having trouble keeping track of who is on what ship, where they are going, and what dates the cruise runs from.😑

Maybe Crystal @singinalot will make a spreadsheet for you? 😎

I see other had the same thought same…. This what happens when one responds without reading all the comments first.  

Edited by LucasLikesToCruise
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Have a wonderful cruise all of you!

I am going to be busy reading Greg's review, and looking at Ozark's pics all week and then making a mad dash to pack for our cruise on the Equinox. We are driving down next week, will stop in SC and Orlando.

I hope you have a safe and fun trip. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It probably doesn't help when we who are going can't keep track.  Sometimes I got to pause when someone ask.  

• Haha 5

52 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Pumpkin Lasagna????? umm umm ummm!

I guess that is what it is , a deer the last 2 nights is making pumpkin lasagna out of 1 of the pumpkins we have out front for decorations.

20221012_075800.jpg

20221012_075817.jpg

The corn stalks are from the corn I had out back in the garden this summer. Multi Usage 🙂 

That is not a broken window in the front of that house, that is a hose from the Hepa Machine the contractor has out the window for the Kitchen remodel.

20221005_145302.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 7
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I guess that is what it is , a deer the last 2 nights is making pumpkin lasagna out of 1 of the pumpkins we have out front for decorations.

20221012_075800.jpg

20221012_075817.jpg

The corn stalks are from the corn I had out back in the garden this summer. Multi Usage 🙂 

That is not a broken window in the front of that house, that is a hose from the Hepa Machine the contractor has out the window for the Kitchen remodel.

20221005_145302.jpg

How are the kitchen renovations coming along?