Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Allegiant Airlines got us to Florida ontime from Roanoke/Blackberry Airport to Sanford,Florida

Beautiful Night here just back from dinner at our Favorite Texas Roadhouse on  Route 192 by Publix.

They have the best Bone in Ribeye.

Pics from the flight....lots of leg room.

20230120_132940.jpg

20230120_133242.jpg

20230120_145350.jpg

20230120_145355.jpg

20230120_170920.jpg

Picture for Andrew  and Owen, sorry they would not let me in the cockpit @A&L_Ont

20230120_144945.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 17

@jagsfanMimi- Thank you for posting the photo of you and your dear friends.

One thing that I am not liking about getting older- I will be 70 soon- is that I am beginning to loose wonderful  friends as they pass away. It is a price we pay for our age, I suppose.

You are fortunate to have the good memories of friends and having new ones in your life.

When I think about it, I am fortunate  to have friends who are part of each chapter in my life.

The best though ,are three of my HS friends. None of us have sisters ,so we are very much like sisters to each other. We’ve known each other for over 57 years.That’s a true blessing.

Wishing you good days.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 9

14 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My regular tank is under the house. So if I replaced it with a tankless it could be under the house.  Does it take long for the water to heat up?  How hot can you set it. 

Our tankless heater is almost exactly on the other side of the exterior wall of our main shower.  We have hot water in about 30 seconds.  Our laundry room and kitchen are about the same.  One of our guest bathroom showers is about as far away from the heater as you can get and still be in the house.  It takes 2+ minutes for the hot water to get there.  We tell guests to literally turn on the shower when they walk in then go about their business getting ready.  I'd say that we have average water pressure, at best.  If we had more pressure, we'd get hot water faster.  

There's a small wall mounted control panel in our laundry room for adjusting the water temp.  We keep ours at 125F. 

IMG_0060.thumb.jpg.27cc2c9fe18d19ad5dfcbe04bf5cb83d.jpg

It was set to 120 when we moved in but we couldn't increase the temp any further from the panel.  After a little digging through the owner's manual, I had to do something outside at the heater itself to override the max temp safety setting and bump it above 120.

• Like 4

60 degrees in Disney now with a high today of 70 degrees. A perfect day for walking around the Parks today. Heading to Animal Kingdom shortly, then later today heading over to the Magic Kingdom.

Avatar with a Lightning Pass for 2:30pm

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

60 degrees in Disney now with a high today of 70 degrees. A perfect day for walking around the Parks today. Heading to Animal Kingdom shortly, then later today heading over to the Magic Kingdom.

Ride Pirates of the Caribbean for me! My all time favorite ride.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Ride Pirates of the Caribbean for me! My all time favorite ride.

Will do, ahoy  matey that's my Wife's favorite ride also, think it might have something to do though with Johnny Depp at the end of the ride though 🙂

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I really like that ride too! 

I could ride that ride all day long and never get tired. My only complaint is that Disney changed a few things to make it more politically correct. They changed the wench auction. Come on they are pirates for goodness sake!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Lobster night was last night. Wasn't impressed with the taste of the lobster. They didn't seem much bigger if at all. Spoon for reference. They didn't ask if I wanted a second one which I didn't. They probably think not many people are going to pay for a second one.

20230119_131523.thumb.jpg.584c2b0078d7d5069b20a68171babcd0.jpg

Love that orchid plant. It is lovely and blooming! Prefer a pIant to a vase of flowers. Didn't know you could take one on board?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, maggieq said:

In nj most furnaces and water heaters are in the basement or main floor.  My sister moved to SC last fall and hers is on the second floor.     Wondering why it would be any different in the north vs south. 

I too would like to hear feedback about the tankless heater.  Thanks!

We live in NJ also. Our home has the hot water tank and furnace on the upper floor in the laundry room right over the dining room table. Not a good location at all.  Have had so much difficulty hauling old/new laundry machines and equipment up and down, not only for us but also for service people.  Boo to the person who designed it that way. I haven't looked into the tankless heater but will be interested.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Eat Malva Pudding for me. I am just going to chill out on my balcony today.
I am very familiar with the Texas on 192. We went to 4Rivers BBQ at the loop last night.

Edited by Arzeena

17 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Eat Malva Pudding for me. I am just going to chill out on my balcony today.
I am very familiar with the Texas on 192. We went to 4Rivers BBQ at the loop last night.

Where do you get the pudding at in Animal Kingdom now,waiting in the Kilamjar Safari Ride

17 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I guess I should have said these were the old friends, not the new ones!

I’m in the back row, left end. 

My dear friend Lois turned 91 this past November.  She has more energy than Jim and I put together, but she tells me about those dear friends that she misses...the past two years were especially hard for her.    Thank God for new friends, Mimi!  I'm glad that you have your new circle of friends!

We met Lois here at our Condo Community 22 years ago, when we both had bought our Condos around the same time and are/were in the same building.  She's one of those special people that you love to be around.  She finally sold her condo last year, but we speak on the phone, and we visit her when she rents for two weeks down the Jersey Shore.

• Like 3

Asking for a friend.  Cruising out of Tampa or Ft Lauderdale on a 7 night to islands in the Caribbean has anyone been required at any point to wear a mask, take a covid test, or had to prove their vaccination status lately?  Also, on the smaller ships how much effort does one have to put in to book shows and dining?

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Allegiant Airlines got us to Florida ontime from Roanoke/Blackberry Airport to Sanford,Florida

Beautiful Night here just back from dinner at our Favorite Texas Roadhouse on  Route 192 by Publix.

They have the best Bone in Ribeye.

Pics from the flight....lots of leg room.

20230120_132940.jpg

20230120_133242.jpg

20230120_145350.jpg

20230120_145355.jpg

glad to hear all went well with your flightsl    definitely looks like plenty of leg room.   are their seats in a row of 2 or 3?

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

glad to hear all went well with your flightsl    definitely looks like plenty of leg room.   are their seats in a row of 2 or 3?

We were in row 3 which was really row 2 on left side of plane,exit door was right in front of row 2 which was where we entered plane.

16 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Asking for a friend.  Cruising out of Tampa or Ft Lauderdale on a 7 night to islands in the Caribbean has anyone been required at any point to wear a mask, take a covid test, or had to prove their vaccination status lately?  Also, on the smaller ships how much effort does one have to put in to book shows and dining?

We have Not been asked to mask since last March,  testing requirement stopped last September for cruises out of the US (except Colombia may still require, not sure about that port).  Different rules apply for TA & TP crossings.     They stopped asking for proof of vaccination for US sailings last summer, might have been August.

Smaller ships such as radiance class typically do not require reservations for entertainment.    Seems to be Oasis Class and maybe some shows on Quantum class that require reservations.    

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1