Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The sun and Odyssey arrive at Labadee, Haiti together... 

Love those sunrise pictures.  Looks like not too many were up early.  

Any plans for Labadee, other than lounging with a drink and taking feet pictures? 😉

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The sun and Odyssey arrive at Labadee, Haiti together... 

20230130_062523.thumb.jpg.96016e6afcc81a38c609081fc7caaa4d.jpg

20230130_062611.thumb.jpg.8efa4af7d4c3cdd56a35e9906af46c30.jpg

20230130_062657.thumb.jpg.214cebec330f03fc32a058c9a0bdad9d.jpg

20230130_063115.jpg

Your pictures are looking great!  I see that you're channeling your inner @twangster.  Lots of pics of the ship lit up but with no one in your pictures.  I never wake up early enough for that.  Keep them coming!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Love those sunrise pictures.  Looks like not too many were up early.  

Any plans for Labadee, other than lounging with a drink and taking feet pictures? 😉

No plans at all. Been here many times. Just walk around and take in the sites. I always go through the vendor gauntlet until I get annoyed and have to get out. 

The sun is already feeling hot and it is only 7:30 AM. 

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Your pictures are looking great!  I see that you're channeling your inner @twangster.  Lots of pics of the ship lit up but with no one in your pictures.  I never wake up early enough for that.  Keep them coming!

I love being up when everyone else is not. 🙂

• Like 5

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Last night’s pizza was Fig & Prosciutto -  tomato & garlic sauce, cheese, dried figs, red onion, feta, prosciutto, balsamic fig glaze & rocket.  Haven’t had it before but will definitely have it again.  Yum.

It just seems like it's missing something?  😂. I bet that tastes great. 

• Like 1

After flying in we spent the night at DD's house.  When Sharon was putting the kids to bed Zander said.... Shashey, when Gpa comes to bed hit this button, he'll love it!  It was the sound of the ocean on the sleep machine.  😂 Don't no what made him think that.  😂 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Last night’s pizza was Fig & Prosciutto -  tomato & garlic sauce, cheese, dried figs, red onion, feta, prosciutto, balsamic fig glaze & rocket.  Haven’t had it before but will definitely have it again.  Yum.

I need to get my fig tree trimmed, unfortunately our favorite restaurant closed last year, he had several fig trees in is backyard and had loads of different fig dishes for appetizers and desserts. 

• Like 3

@ReneeFLL

Renee, the weather doesn't look too promising for Mike's one day visit to Tel Aviv. The "winter" is back 😢

image.thumb.jpeg.f9016f221f860e44ce7dbc4b861a7b7e.jpeg

Should he need a "local connection", Bella's dad and Ken from ourusualbeach have my email. I can be also reached by whatsapp. I can also send you details via messenger of the book of face, since John's Bella is a mutual friend.

Bon voyage to Mike 🌷

Edited by dani negreanu
details
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

No idea why designed this way but we have had some great cabins on deck 6, some with 0 obstruction and some with only minor obstruction where you cannot see straight down to the water.  We actually prefer deck 6 as it's an easy walk to decks 3, 4 or 5.   We like to stay near aft elevator on Anthem.

I will agree 100% to this. My favorite cabins on deck 6 are 6244 (cannot beat the location and completely unobstructed) , and cabins in the vicinity of 6154, 52, 56.....We have stayed in 6150 and 6550 as well, both of which are classified obsructed but there is practically no obstruction there unless you look towards the left/right over the handrail.

• Like 1

Nasty weather here in the Dallas area.  Winter storm warning until Wednesday 6am.  Today, tomorrow in the 20s, rain, sleet, icy. We're staying in with the hopes we don't have another famous Texas ice storm.  Some schools are closed!  Good weather returns by Sunday, the day we head down to Galveston for our first cruise on Monday in 5 years. 5 night, Adventure OTS.

George, @George C Bethany @TravelGirlinDallasand whoever else will be impacted, stay safe.

• Like 12

11 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Nasty weather here in the Dallas area.  Winter storm warning until Wednesday 6am.  Today, tomorrow in the 20s, rain, sleet, icy. We're staying in with the hopes we don't have another famous Texas ice storm.  Some schools are closed!  Good weather returns by Sunday, the day we head down to Galveston for our first cruise on Monday in 5 years. 5 night, Adventure OTS.

George, @George C Bethany @TravelGirlinDallasand whoever else will be impacted, stay safe.

On my 20+ mile drive to work around 6:45 a.m., I passed at least 5 wrecks before I lost count. The roads looked dry but were already icy from the freezing mist. I was glad the traffic was already slow or the road conditions would have fooled me, too. I'm not sure what we are going to do the next couple of days, since it's month-end crunch time at my job (accounting) and none of us have the ability to work from home. 

I hope you enjoy your cruise on Adventure. I went in with no expectations at Thanksgiving and was very pleasantly surprised. We loved it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1