Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I didn't seem to crowded..... Until we got downtown. 

image.thumb.png.f578f11afb87cbc5044b043f3d78e7e6.png

If you think a lot of people are there Wait until you go to the new section (Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge) at  Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Lots of people in the Countries at Epcot too.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

@aussielozzie18, aussie,

I took your rec. about Richard Osman's "The Thursday Murder Club" and enjoyed it very much, so much so that I'm in the process of reading the 2nd sequel, "The man who died twice".

And what a huge difference it makes between reading the first [translated] in Hebrew (DH's book, I really struggled with it, it just didn't "flow"... besides "Ve" in Hebrew means "and" - there was this character Ian Ventham, and for some pages I thought there were 2 of them -- Ian and Ntham ☹️ - which didn't make sense..., that's what happens when you want to save buying the same book in English....) and now the 2nd one in English - such a joy. Humor and dry wit.

To sum it up -- highly recommended 😎

Edited by dani negreanu
typos
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That will not surprise me.  We sure will add to that crowd when 15 of us show up! 

Maybe I missed it, are you staying on property and using the bus system or off property and paying the $25.00 parking fee per day. If so what Disney Resort?

Dani- Both my hubby and I are reading The Thursday Murder Club and enjoying it. I also took the recommendation of@aussielozzie18.

We are at the beginning chapters so,  please don’t tell us the ending!😉

I am hoping that you and your hubby and family are having peaceful days after the trying days of the past week.

Take care- 

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Maybe I missed it, are you staying on property and using the bus system or off property and paying the $25.00 parking fee per day. If so what Disney Resort?

A digression addressed to Jim

I just think your response to MM about what she paid for her cabin compared to what you paid for yours was brilliant. 

On our last cruise , I sat next to a couple who cruised to Greenland ( only one port ) and loved it .   She was very excited that we were going too however we have canceled.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

We are at the beginning chapters so,  please don’t tell us the ending!😉

My lips are sealed... thinking that Ian Ventham is 2 persons was just an example of the difficulty of translating from English into Hebrew [where usually the vowels do not appear, with names being the worst...]

Peaceful days --

I'm happy to "report" that, as part of our golden wedding celebrations, each of us got to chose a "city break"....

So my DH will be fulfilling a dream of actually living in Venice and going to the [Rialto] market every day to buy fresh products and cook them in our rented apt 😉.

We're flying out early Monday morning via Athens, since our original direct flight was moved to late afternoon, and the proprietor wasn't ready to check us in at 9PM....

Direct flights to Venice are very scarce. We have a very short layover in Athens, luckily we travel only with carry ons.

What did I chose, you ask? I've chosen Marrakesh, also fulfilling a dream.... No cooking involved this time....

• Like 25

13 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

My lips are sealed... thinking that Ian Ventham is 2 persons was just an example of the difficulty of translating from English into Hebrew [where usually the vowels do not appear, with names being the worst...]

Peaceful days --

I'm happy to "report" that, as part of our golden wedding celebrations, each of us got to chose a "city break"....

So my DH will be fulfilling a dream of actually living in Venice and going to the [Rialto] market every day to buy fresh products and cook them in our rented apt 😉.

We're flying out early Monday morning via Athens, since our original direct flight was moved to late afternoon, and the proprietor wasn't ready to check us in at 9PM....

Direct flights to Venice are very scarce. We have a very short layover in Athens, luckily we travel only with carry ons.

What did I chose, you ask? I've chosen Marrakesh, also fulfilling a dream.... No cooking involved this time....

How long are you staying in Venice? Sounds Lovely.

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

How long are you staying in Venice? Sounds Lovely.

4 full days.

The original plan was 3 days, but we couldn't find another direct flight instead of the one which was delayed... and the apt we rented wasn't available for the additional night, so we booked a night in a hotel, planning to move the next day.

But we need some luck with all that goes around here, and yesterday afternoon the proprietor sent us a text, saying that he had a cancellation and we can get the additional night 😁

Since we always book with free cancellation, I immediately cancelled the one night hotel.  No more moving with our carry ons from one place to another 😎 I couldn't be happier.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Dani- Those city breaks seem lovely and interesting. I can understand how your hubby will enjoy Venice,but could you tell us your plans for Marrakech? I applaud your thought of no cooking for that adventure !

I couldn’ read any book in another language other than English. Perhaps a children’s book written in French, but that would be the limit.

I find that though in the Thursday Murder Club  there. are  many references to British English - a walking frame- in American English is a walker-  for example. But, we get by as we watch many British programs on TV or Prime. Tonight,we will be watching Midsommer Murders on our Public Broadcasting Station,followed by Broadchurch. We are also watching Creatures Great and Small on Sunday nights n PBS.

Take care- MJ🙋🏻

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

4 full days.

The original plan was 3 days, but we couldn't find another direct flight instead of the one which was delayed... and the apt we rented wasn't available for the additional night, so we booked a night in a hotel, planning to move the next day.

But we need some luck with all that goes around here, and yesterday afternoon the proprietor sent us a text, saying that he had a cancellation and we can get the additional night 😁

Since we always book with free cancellation, I immediately cancelled the one night hotel.  No more moving with our carry ons from one place to another 😎 I couldn't be happier.

That is so wonderful!  Have a great trip with your DH!!!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

could you tell us your plans for Marrakech?

Oh, just to soak up the atmosphere of being in an Arab country, which, until no long ago, was off limits for individual travel. Which reminds me that DH will need a visa, while I'll use my Romanian passport...

This time we booked a room for 3 days in a traditional guesting house, and I'll get to take my French "out of storage"....😉

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That will not surprise me.  We sure will add to that crowd when 15 of us show up! 

That is awesome that you were able to get 15 family members to all be together at the same time for family vacation.   Not an easy task to schedule.     Are you staying in a rental property or a hotel?

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Peaceful days --

This sounds wonderful Dani, I hope you and your DH have a great trip. When will you visit Marrakech?

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Oh, just to soak up the atmosphere of being in an Arab country, which, until no long ago, was off limits for individual travel. Which reminds me that DH will need a visa, while I'll use my Romanian passport...

This time we booked a room for 3 days in a traditional guesting house, and I'll get to take my French "out of storage"....😉

How many languages do you speak ? I have trouble enough with one.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

It is interesting though because the ship's medical center always pushes Dayquil if you have any cough, whether you are seeing them for covid, the flu, bronchitis or an unknown respiratory virus

Interesting, I didn't know this. I have never been sick enough on cruise ship to seek medical attention...  

This treatment regimen came to me from my cousin who is a physician. He is a strong believer that the best defense is a strong immune system. He rattled on about T-cells and some other thing too but that all went over my head. He works primarily with geriatric patients.  The second time I got covid I called him and this was his recommendation.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Thanks!! I take some of those things daily already. I keep most of the rest on hand just in case, too (except Z-pack).

Z - packs can be purchased over the counter in Costa Maya, Cozumel or Ensenada, MX very inexpensively.  

• Like 3