Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

On November 6, 1986 I went to an after work retirement party with a friend and I met a guy.  He was younger than me, I was a single Mom to a 3 year old, shy & quiet. He introduced himself and we spent most of the night talking & dancing.  Our first official date was 3 days later at Chuck E Cheese with my daughter and we never looked backed.  
On February 19, 1988, 35 years ago tomorrow , this happened:

FA2FFFD7-B63F-48BC-B642-4132CC2E31C2.thumb.jpeg.7675bf5e0136ef5141e395dd9e9d68ed.jpeg

Here’s a pic of me with said munchkin as my flower girl:

C1B84CA0-3CCA-45C0-89F8-DFBE78A25AFD.thumb.jpeg.1f1e7f5d33f94bd5cb41facfb9488fd8.jpeg

A couple of years after this he adopted the munchkin and we went in to have two more daughters.  I sure am glad that woman retired and had a party!

Congratulations on your anniversary .

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

On November 6, 1986 I went to an after work retirement party with a friend and I met a guy.  He was younger than me, I was a single Mom to a 3 year old, shy & quiet. He introduced himself and we spent most of the night talking & dancing.  Our first official date was 3 days later at Chuck E Cheese with my daughter and we never looked backed.  

FA2FFFD7-B63F-48BC-B642-4132CC2E31C2.thumb.jpeg.7675bf5e0136ef5141e395dd9e9d68ed.jpeg

C1B84CA0-3CCA-45C0-89F8-DFBE78A25AFD.thumb.jpeg.1f1e7f5d33f94bd5cb41facfb9488fd8.jpeg

A couple of years after this he adopted the munchkin and we went in to have two more daughters.  I sure am glad that woman retired and had a party!

Happy 35th wedding anniversary Debbie.

Screenshot_20221224_131411.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A singer who has not been mentioned at all lives in my part of New York.

She is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. For many years she has been appearing in concert in a town park .There has never been a charge to see her and she mingles with everyone afterward.

Her name is Joan Jett.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Such a great story and sweet pictures. Happy Anniversary!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Happy Anniversary!  Wishing you and Andy continued love and happiness. Beautiful story and pictures.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

This is fantastic Bob, thanks for sharing.  It sure brings back memories as this song was played at every high school dance and prom.  

Completely agree.  It was always a hard song to dance to.  It started off as a slow dance song and then picked up pace until you were no longer really slow dancing, but not quite fast dancing.  And I never quite knew what to do in the guitar solo.  

Congrats on your anniversary!  What a great story.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Great story and beautiful pictures. Congratulations to you and Andy for 35 years of love and happiness. We should toast next month on Oasis!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Happy 35th, great pictures 🥂💖

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Unfortunately he passed away last night.His wife just recovered from a Stroke .He was a very good friend to me .

So sorry to hear this Lenny. Please accept my condolences on your loss.

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My friend Mike died last night.We did not sleep ,we were crying nearly non stop.

The funeral is tomorrow .Toby will go but I cannot physically go to the cemetary

My Parkinsons is really draining me Thank you for your words.

Condolences for the loss of your friend Mike.

Hope that you and Toby are able to get some rest soon.

Sending some hugs 

Edited by Vibe

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

When the original production of Beatlemania appeared on Broadway the singer/actor Mitch Weissman was cast as Paul McCartney.Mitch has been said to be the definitive Paul McCartney singer. I was working at the time with Mitch’ father.He gave ne two Orchestra tickets,front row to see the show.My wife could not go and I took a cousin of hers and we saw a great show.

I totally forgot about Beatlemania! I saw it as part of a  class trip back in 1977-78 time frame. I guess that could be considered my first concert.  Or was it a play since it was in a Broadway theater? 🤔

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

As long as we are discussing concerts, has anyone watched "Trainwreck: Woodstock 99" on Netflix? 

For some reason, I don't remember this happening. I guess working in IT, I was probably busy saving the world from the Y2K Computer Crash non-event that was going to usher in the end of the world. 😉

Haven’t seen the doco but have clear memories of the panic surrounding Y2K and it being a complete non-event.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Happy Anniversary! A few parallels as I started dating my future wife in Dec of 1986, although we had been friends for about 2 years at that point. She was a couple years older than me, single mom to a 4 year old daughter who definitely was NOT shy NOR quiet. LOL  Took me a little longer to pull the trigger but we eventually married in 1993, on the same day you met your future hubby - Nov 6th.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Great list. I forgot to add Yes to my list I’ve seen them twice. I wish I could have seen Santana.

Yes was my last concert before heading to college.  I enjoyed them.
I saw you mentioned Jethro Tull.  Saw them 3 times.  I loved his stories he included in his concerts.  Did you see The Hare That Lost its Spectacles ?  A play off of Alice in Wonderland.
They used to have concerts at Cleveland Stadium called the World Series of Rock.  It would be all day with several bands.  This is were I saw Santana.  It was so good.  After them that evening CSNY played.  I was glad N. Young was with them.  I like his music when he is on his own too.
There were so many concerts in the Akron/Cleveland area. Probably why the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is in Cleveland. Belkin Productions promoted many of the concerts.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am surprised it took this long before Pink Floyd is mentioned.  Great music and a great light show. 

Like others hard to say who was best but here are a few that did great that I haven't noticed mentioned. 

Jethro Tull

Yes

Santana

Jeff Beck

Todd Rundgren 

What was your first concert.  

My very first concert was the Osmonds when I was 8 yrs old and saw them at the Allentown Fairgrounds.     

My first official concert was The Grateful Dead 

Add to my list of concerts:

Robert Plant (just wasn't the same as Zeppelin with Bonham)

Genesis with Phil Collins was another great show

The Cars 

Journey

Eric Clapton

U2 - also a great show

Chicago

Probably some others will pop into my head as we use to go see concerts at the Allentown Fair every fall when the annual state fair was held.  They had some big name stars and a nice small venue.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Playing catch up after returning from the Navigator OTS today.  I'm still 16 pages behind, but I'll get there.  Hope everyone is well.

I hope you had a great cruise with perfect weather.    Any pictures to share?    Always love to see sunrise or sunsets too!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Happy Anniversary! A few parallels as I started dating my future wife in Dec of 1986, although we had been friends for about 2 years at that point. She was a couple years older than me, single mom to a 4 year old daughter who definitely was NOT shy NOR quiet. LOL  Took me a little longer to pull the trigger but we eventually married in 1993, on the same day you met your future hubby - Nov 6th.

Definitely some parallels!  To be clear, it was ME who was shy & quiet, definitely not the little one! And the fact that a 3 yr old didn’t send him running for the hills surely added to his charm. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Because many of you are grandparents, I am going to mention The Wiggles.  Not sure if they are still popular with little ones  in the US but we saw the original foursome multiple times in concert. The Blue Wiggle Anthony is the only one still in the lineup.  My SIL’s claim to fame is she saw two of The Wiggles perform in their band before they became part of The Wiggles.

Because someone mentioned them - Midnight Oil - big yes.  My brother and DH went to many of their concerts.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My friend Mike died last night.We did not sleep ,we were crying nearly non stop.

The funeral is tomorrow .Toby will go but I cannot physically go to the cemetary

My Parkinsons is really draining me Thank you for your words.

Sorry for the loss of your friend.   May Mike Rest in Peace.   🙏

Still on the theme of music, a photo taken of my daughter and her friends a few years back at a country music festival in the US was used again this week on social media and so this week  I learnt that Canadians use the term “Canadian Tuxedo” for what we here call double denim.64D5AF58-2540-47E4-9AE7-8553DD7C5792.thumb.jpeg.c512061a982af13b18e38eb4328fbe01.jpeg

• Like 12