Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

To be honest it’s doubtful, and Owen says it too.

Had they not won their second to last game they would have been ranked lower and playing teams more comparable in playoffs. Instead with that win they are now the lowest ranked team playing the top 4 teams out of 20. being 5th at the end of the season out of 21 teams isn’t a bad thing but it’s going to be rough.

I can share the finer details over a beer on the ship. I might need it to unwind. 🤯🫣

Yes I’m interested in hearing the story over some beers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I have to ask because I never heard of it before, but what is competitive roller skating?

Only roller skating competitive I can think of was when you used to be able to watch Men's and Women Roller Derby on Tv on Saturday afternoons.

She was in figure roller skating as a single.

Some compete in pairs.

It is similar to ice skating where you do jumps, spins and athleticism on wheels.  All the jumps are like singles and doubles. Skates are precision made and at that time cost around $500.  And they   grow fast, so it was an investment.

You have to have it choreographed and skating costumes made with tons of "bling".

Competition is held all over the United States.

It is very big in Ohio, and she trained 3-4 times a week.

It all started when she went to a birthday party when she was 7 at a rink and wanted to keep doing it.

At first we were skeptical, but she had the time of her life.

She won many medals and trophies.

Then when she grew older Volleyball was her love.

Looking back, she learned etiquette, manners, patience and perseverance.  

When she lost, she tried harder.

She actually looks back and admits it was for her one of the best ways to release pent up energy have fun and be with the club girls.

I know I write too much

Take care

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

She was in figure roller skating as a single.

Some compete in pairs.

It is similar to ice skating where you do jumps, spins and athleticism on wheels.  All the jumps are like singles and doubles. Skates are precision made and at that time cost around $500.  And they   grow fast, so it was an investment.

You have to have it choreographed and skating costumes made with tons of "bling".

Competition is held all over the United States.

It is very big in Ohio, and she trained 3-4 times a week.

It all started when she went to a birthday party when she was 7 at a rink and wanted to keep doing it.

At first we were skeptical, but she had the time of her life.

She won many medals and trophies.

Then when she grew older Volleyball was her love.

Looking back, she learned etiquette, manners, patience and perseverance.  

When she lost, she tried harder.

She actually looks back and admits it was for her one of the best ways to release pent up energy have fun and be with the club girls.

I know I write too much

Take care

Wow, that has to be tough on the ankles since roller skates usually weight a lot more then ice skates. I have to google(on You tube) and see if I can see someone during spins and jumps with roller skates on.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Coralc said:

I thought I had read something recently about V. Sattui Winery. Their 275 year old showpiece oak tree came down in the January storms. Very sad. https://www.northbaybusinessjournal.com/article/article/storm-topples-275-year-old-napa-valley-oak-at-napa-valley-winery-v-sattui/?artslide=1   🙁

Did you get any snow?

https://abc7news.com/bay-area-snow-residents-react-winter-weather-storm/12863766/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Dani, your Venice pictures are amazing! Were you ever tempted to try those costumes on and take your picture?

NO !!!  I was so very cold, even having, I think, 6 layers on me... I really couldn't understand how those with the big decollete / low neckline were not cold... ☹️ 

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

@FromSea2ShiningSea

Have a awesome time at your son and soon to be daughter-in-law's Wedding tomorrow.  Savor every moment.  Congratulations!!🥂

+ 1 💐 Helen, @FromSea2ShiningSea

*************************************************************************************

@h20skibum , Mark, eagerly awaiting good news 🤞

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Wow, that has to be tough on the ankles since roller skates usually weight a lot more then ice skates. I have to google(on You tube) and see if I can see someone during spins and jumps with roller skates on.

If you do Instagram check out this account. They used to compete, their daily skating posts are fascinating.  They make it look so easy.  

D19423F3-667E-4EEC-98BD-E8421CDD7C63.thumb.jpeg.725664aad677ebf0ae6008af600d3c2f.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Andrew, I feel for Owen, having to play on a team that has in it concerns we as parents cannot fix, and eventually the frustration will go away as time  moves on and bigger and better things happen.

Sue thanks for sharing your story. It so true.  

• Like 3

Marietta - Hoping your husband feels better today.

Dani- Those costumes are gorgeous ! I agree with you about the shoes !

I as wondering if the costumes are kept in personal collections or if they are rented for the Carnival period.

Wishing all who post here a good day and a good weekend.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I'll add #6, don't get drunk. I've been to a few wineries where a "party bus" shows up and a bachelorette party or college frat boys 1 year reunion party stumbles out of the bus.  They tend to take over the tasting room.

We were at a wine tasting in PA ,not at a winery but at a hotel .There was no limit in tasting and also no charge.We were a group of 6 and 1 of our group drank way too much .

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I saw your original post and a bunch of quoted replies. Then someone mentioned your original post was gone but the quoted replies were still there which was weird as they would normally get deleted at the same time.

Anyways, glad you are feeling better & no, I didn't think it was all that gruesome.

I could not find Debbie’s post but thought it was my inability to find it and posted to her on a different post.

22 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is a great price!🙂

We went to the Philadelphia Flower Show.Many of the attendees were there for other reasons.A guy approached our group of 6 and asked if we would be interested in wine tasting and when one of us said yes he gave us the info.There were also people from restaurants and stores .

• Like 2

On 2/22/2023 at 5:04 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

We have asked for the paper compass on every cruise we took last year and had no problems in receiving them every evening.    Hopefully we can continue to ask and receive.   I use the app for somethings but prefer the print out so much better.   I like to highlight the things I want to do or check out.

We’ve had no problem getting them. 
my point is that with no evening turndown, I doubt the stewards will pop into cabins to leave a Compass. 

• Like 2

On 2/22/2023 at 6:39 PM, A&L_Ont said:

Today we are preparing for a night of freezing rain. It snowed through out the day. Freezing rain starts tonight and supposedly goes through the evening. 

D95DB683-A9AF-4D58-8D1A-F67A9D1F2A5D.thumb.jpeg.411ee40b74b5dd4fc3f6bb66190aa71a.jpeg

Our local tire shop came out today and replaced our skid steer tires with new ones.  Our neighbour is going to buy the used ones. 

F7731350-5D21-411E-873E-D7424348FA41.thumb.jpeg.6a8ea8ca7fead23518077e2a4ec43187.jpeg

Lucy says hello to everyone. She did not want to sit on my lap and fall asleep even with this weather. 

4D048B0D-EFA4-4209-A26E-F7FF893CFF08.thumb.jpeg.cda050d8965796e2e11d06c7d8fb90ea.jpeg

She probably would have wanted some of our dinner. The photo display in the background is of Symphony Royal Promenade. CLR and Owen and just out of vision. 

9DDBF399-857F-4F64-877D-817631DCBF73.thumb.jpeg.80851f4ae78603ad807e6acffb66ee6a.jpeg

Finished product. 

3ECC88CC-FFB5-4CAE-88D1-EF8BE9AC5521.thumb.jpeg.2fa0f820fdf522569b6aaae60b4d6170.jpeg

Perfection on a plate!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Had they not won their second to last game they would have been ranked lower and playing teams more comparable in playoffs. Instead with that win they are now the lowest ranked team playing the top 4 teams out of 20. being 5th at the end of the season out of 21 teams isn’t a bad thing but it’s going to be rough.

Wait a sec, if I understand this correctly, by winning that 2nd to last game they ensured themselves a more difficult playoff schedule? And if they had lost, they would had an easier playoff schedule?

Sounds like some kind of multi-tiered playoff system where all the best teams are grouped together, and all the middle-of-the-road teams grouped together and so on. Or something like that.

Kudo's to Owen and his team mates to preserving the integrity of the game. Others might have lost that game on purpose to become the "best of the worst" instead of the "worst of the best"😉

EDIT: I'm not calling Owen or his team the worst, but you probably already knew that. 🙂

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

love looking at Castles! 

I don't know why but I love the look of Castles too.  🏰 I guess it's the beauty of the rocks, that nostalgic look.  Maybe it's the time period.  I always enjoyed Robin Hood.  

I used to like White Castle hamburgers but I don't think that has anything to do with it. 😂 

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

On 2/23/2023 at 11:51 AM, Lionesss said:

So my mom passed away almost 15 years ago. She was able to live with us for about 10 years. 
We made her room a guest room/storage area since we have 2 guest rooms and the other one is used first. 
I just usually dusted off the room. Washed the linens from time to time. 
Today was the day to rut up. Rotate mattress and give the room the old college clean up. 
Well found between the mattress near the center of the bed. some containers full of her valuables. 

I think I hit the jackpot. 

So i transferred the coins/paper money  into 4 cool whip containers and just got back from putting them in our safety deposit box. I do not have time to go through them. 

I thought these were cute. 

C656426D-3F3D-4F18-B7B8-AAB5BFAB2407.thumb.jpeg.b7b99cab68588f91a4f70f579613d972.jpeg

Some paper money. 

0AE4C652-0351-451B-A816-D2372A3B695E.thumb.jpeg.4aaf5fca21619d5085c63d411c786b17.jpeg

I also found some old political pins. 

EC370744-FCAF-49B4-8325-AF82AAA4FAA5.thumb.jpeg.1581af9cc896d5c3dded368f6f8f73ab.jpeg

And tons of flat jewelry cases. 
just starting to open. 00822C3A-FACA-4732-B822-332933823FD0.thumb.jpeg.d692d45e5cfe95870f66d640ebfbabcd.jpeg

I am sure some things are of value. 

1288E67D-C635-44CB-B082-739C365675C5.jpeg

Your mom must have been looking down from her cloud and saying “Well! It’s about time!”

• Like 8

19 hours ago, Coralc said:

I thought I had read something recently about V. Sattui Winery. Their 275 year old showpiece oak tree came down in the January storms. Very sad. https://www.northbaybusinessjournal.com/article/article/storm-topples-275-year-old-napa-valley-oak-at-napa-valley-winery-v-sattui/?artslide=1   🙁

I love that place. Their food has kept me from drunk driving more than once!

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I don't know why but I love the look of Castles too.  🏰 I guess it's the beauty of the rocks, that nostalgic look.  Maybe it's the time period.  I always enjoyed Robin Hood.  

I used to like White Castle hamburgers but I don't think that has anything to do with it. 😂 

When I was a kid the only fast food was White Castle.There was nothing to compare it to.Therefore.,it was my favorite place to go .

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Wait a sec, if I understand this correctly, by winning that 2nd to last game they ensured themselves a more difficult playoff schedule? And if they had lost, they would had an easier playoff schedule?

Sounds like some kind of multi-tiered playoff system where all the best teams are grouped together, and all the middle-of-the-road teams grouped together and so on. Or something like that.

Kudo's to Owen and his team mates to preserving the integrity of the game. Others might have lost that game on purpose to become the "best of the worst" instead of the "worst of the best"😉

EDIT: I'm not calling Owen or his team the worst, but you probably already knew that. 🙂

Even if they tied in their last winter season game they would have been ranked in the lower split of playoffs. The win tied them in points with two other teams with 7 each.  The catch is they beat the two other teams in head to head. Had they not scored the go ahead goal with 28 seconds left in the game they would be playing in the bottom pool right now.

Tonight we play the team we beat to put us into the upper bracket. It’s a grudge match, and of of their players is still suspended from their actions against us. We play the Belmont team. 

These were the rankings prior to the head to head wins factored in. We went from 7th to 5th place. 

Edit to add to of these teams in the top rankings have no Rep team which makes it an even bigger challenge. 

3D58BDEF-5892-473F-ADA8-BE8D958793EE.thumb.jpeg.c44ba1ebaac000d392c568c800d389be.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

When I was a kid the only fast food was White Castle.There was nothing to compare it to.Therefore.,it was my favorite place to go .

As a young child we would spend time with our grandparents.  Granddad would bring home a large bag of White Castle hamburgers. I like them so much I had to have some every time we visited Columbus.  

The last time in Ohio I wanted the memories so we stop by one.  I guess our taste change.  I am officially done with them. 

• Like 3