Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, derorim said:

I hope you and Carol don’t get it.  But so far I feel like I just have a cold.

Sorry to hear about your neighbor.  That’s scary.

Thank you, Joy.  It feels like I have a cold and a cough started today..I'll take test tomorrow.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Things are great here Dave!  I’m still on the Oasis 😹😹.  

Hopefully things are OK at home.  Haven’t heard from my neighbors.  Thanks for asking.

Is Harvey still the waiter in Schooner this week, Pat?

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Weather stuff is just getting stupid around here !!!

https://www.foxweather.com/extreme-weather/tornado-damage-los-angeles-california

Everything ok where you are @taznremmy

Wow. It is funny. While we were cruising, our Ting electrical monitor notified us of a tornado warning at our Sonora house. I laughed, and thought, Oh Sure. And then I was reading My Motherlode, the online paper up there today, and sure enough, an EF 1 Tornado touched down and did damage in the area on March 11. 😮 We have had absolutely crazy weather this year! 

And Pat @taznremmy is still happily cruising on Oasis and missing all of this nasty weather. ☺️

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I didn’t see him the other night.  I’ll stop by in the next day or so and check.  Rasvan (sp?) and Janice were there.  Beto is gone.  
Schooner’s is very quiet this week….except for the music😹

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Weather stuff is just getting stupid around here !!!

https://www.foxweather.com/extreme-weather/tornado-damage-los-angeles-california

Everything ok where you are @taznremmy

My lovely wife was telling me about two tornados in LA.  I am 64, I have never heard of tornados in LA, here where I live, O heck yes.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Yes he is still there Maryann.  I told him you asked about him and he gave me a hug to give to you.  
Sorry/Thanks…I got the better end of the hug. 😹😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yay! I'm still negative for covid. Bill is still positive. He is annoyed. He said, "You smoke, you drink, how come you don't have it?" ☺️ Just lucky, I hope. And I spend a lot of time outside. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Yay! I'm still negative for covid. Bill is still positive. He is annoyed. He said, "You smoke, you drink, how come you don't have it?" ☺️ Just lucky, I hope. And I spend a lot of time outside. 

Tell him you're too scary for the virus!  LOL

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

My lovely wife was telling me about two tornados in LA.  I am 64, I have never heard of tornados in LA, here where I live, O heck yes.  

I expect them by the dozen out in your part of the country starting now through till early May.  Out here it's unheard of.  People are bad enough drivers out here as it is.  You add this much rain to the mix and people are mental.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Tornado Tuolumne County:

It is not an area (and California, in general) where we have ever had tornadoes. 

I've been out in JC's part of the country during tornado season.  I hate it.  I'm totally freaked out by it.  Folks who live out there laugh at me but never again will I be in OK, TX or MO in spring time.  Last year I was in Mississippi in March... We had two skid by way to close for comfort.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I've been out in JC's part of the country during tornado season.  I hate it.  I'm totally freaked out by it.  Folks who live out there laugh at me but never again will I be in OK, TX or MO in spring time.  Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

I know. We only have wimpy tornadoes. It is still weird, and we have no desire to live in a state that has huge ones. Earthquakes are one thing. But giant tornadoes would scare the heck out of me. The VP of Bill's former company has family in OK and they have lost TWO houses to tornadoes. And yet, they still have insurance? 🙄

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@bobmacliberty how is your cold?

Thanks for asking.  I'm almost back to normal.  Still a minor lingering cough and a little stuffiness.  This one has lasted more than a week.

The good news is that I've used this time at home to get my garage organized.  Got my new cabinets installed and 30,000 lumens (yes, you read that correctly) of light installed on the ceiling.  Slatwall should arrive this afternoon.  That will be my project for the weekend.  Pictures to follow.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 13

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Total of 5 days then back to normal.

DW and I both got what I assume was covid after Explorer back in January.  Didn’t bother to test since we worked from home and isolated.  The brunt of it was over in a week but I didn’t feel right for a solid month at least, maybe more.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I've been out in JC's part of the country during tornado season.  I hate it.  I'm totally freaked out by it.  Folks who live out there laugh at me but never again will I be in OK, TX or MO in spring time.  Last year I was in Mississippi in March... We had two skid by way to close for comfort.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

Don’t be a scaredy cat😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/11/2023 at 7:18 PM, MJSailors said:

The post should read-a lung transplant.

I should have read more posts before I googled longboard transplant human body. The first thing that comes up is this. It’s for a head transplant. 😱 That’s creepy.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6511668/

On 3/14/2023 at 10:44 AM, George C said:

Sailing in two days here is some pictures of our royal suite from last year we have same suite this year 

image.thumb.jpeg.d09e43b69ee381225d230d95e2b6a577.jpeg

That’s got to be nice!

On 3/14/2023 at 9:16 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

I have hesitated sharing. I wanted final results first but my experience keeps getting longer.
You may remember me mentioning that my balance has been getting bad and my legs have gotten weak.  After our Disney trip I finally agreed to go to the Doctors.  Short version,  Friday I had a Nerve Conduction Study and EMG. He was very thorough,  1hr and 20 minutes.  I am not a doctor so my wording may not be perfect. The results of the EMG showed Motor Neuron damage. Yesterday I had a Neurologist appointment.  Again very thorough,  3 1/2 hours with no breaks or waiting.   Many things tested.  She wants me to have some MRIs to see if she can find a different reason. I wanted to wait until the MRI results but that, as of now, will be mid April. 
Based on the EMG and my symptoms the Neurologist says ALS is probable.   With the MRIs being put off she has asked me to come in to discuss different treatments.
I, like most here, know the care we have for one another so I felt I should share.

Thank you for sharing. Wishing you and your family all the best. The miracles of modern medicine are wonderful.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I live in Central CA but I am currently in Burbank through the weekend then I'm off to Rancho Cucamonga till the end of April.

I hope the weather improves and it stops raining.  My in-laws visiting from St Paul are complaining about the rain .  Enjoy beautiful Burbank . 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Deck 10 is a bit of a compromise...she usually prefers even higher for pool deck access.  

18 hours ago, akcruz said:

We are the opposite, did deck 9 for Bella which I liked, DH prefers higher up close to the solarium.  I am more of the cruiser so he gets his way on cabin location when we can.

All of my Oasis/Allure cruises have been deck 10 & 11.   Fa enough away from pool deck & Boardwalk to be quiet, equal distance to most of the activity zones. Plus, I find walking thru the interior halls to be the quickest way to get from one end of the ship to the other vs fighting the crowds in the Royal Promenade  or Central Park.  Knock on wood, no mobility issues so I don't mind walking up or down a few flights of stairs.

Also tend to favor being near the front elevators as they seem to be less busy than the rear elevators.

• Like 5