Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Good Morning. 
Happy and safe Memorial Day to all. 

These last few weeks have been so overwhelming, and I can say we only have 3 items left on the killer B ( me) and Honey do list ( spouse). 

To begin with the Baptism for our granddaughter was memorable and all the planning paid off. 

2097F6F2-282A-40BF-A8A7-F0E20FD1F13F.thumb.jpeg.555df5b915cd3caefdcf7840390f0a78.jpeg

IMG_0375.thumb.jpeg.856190ebca9aac27d3be3342f47ca59b.jpeg

The visit to the vets with estimated.        

160 pounds of German shepherds (2) was an experience, but no humans were harmed.  

The vegetables were planted in the new raised garden beds and deer fence built to keep the deer out. 

IMG_0447.thumb.jpeg.9ad50bcb07d8a43c48945f2142f362b9.jpeg

IMG_0449.thumb.jpeg.8082b7d03258cefa33b9f23b6022f8ea.jpeg

We had our first local checking out the new secure area. 

IMG_0990.thumb.jpeg.53d2d780e0d2df078251ba2569431acd.jpeg

This week only have 2 days of babysitting in Oxford Ohio.

9 yards of mulch to arrive.  That will be laid where it is supposed to go. 

When I return finish packing for our Allure cruise only a few days away. 

Debating on doing a live thread. After being a submitter on the Bella cruise, I know I could never attain that level of of talent provided by the “male” creators. Andrew, Greg, and John. 

Time to attack my Killer “B” list. 
Planning on getting on road by 1pm. 

And when we get home we will go and bring home our new addition. 

IMG_0401.thumb.jpeg.7a1ae5d15481575a496370b50d468214.jpeg

Take care. 

Oh. Almost forgot. 
The mobile alarm clock. 
Does not need set. Just goes off when wants fed. Today. 5:11am. 

IMG_0986.thumb.jpeg.d14f1a106ca655d53e2743f3a8533621.jpeg

Catch you later. 

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 29

11 hours ago, HBE4 said:

That's my chore for tomorrow! Hoping everyone will be at a parade or BBQ and the big box stores will be empty. I was leaning towards Home Depot as they have $2 for a 2.0 CU FT. bag of mulch (Virigor) vs $2 of the 1.5 CU FT  of the Scott's Perfect Color at Lowes.

I was at Home Depot this morning, and picked up 30 bags of the Vigoro mulch.   The store was empty at 6:30 am.  Back home, and had it all put down and showers done before 9 am.

The first 100 bags I bought at Lowe’s. It was their premium mulch.  I must say the Vigoro was a much better quality, and cleaner (if there is such a thing as clean mulch).

Now it is time to pick up a few last minute things and start cooking for the birthday party today.

Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Memorial Day.

• Like 14

15 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Not sure I mentioned that Jack's sister's granddaughter's spinal stroke is attributed to the covid vaccine.  We have no idea what the positive indicator was, but the doctors are all in agreement.  She's categorized as permanently disabled, can walk for short spurts with a walker and has gone back to school with an aide by her side wherever she goes.  My heart goes out to her, so young.  16!

Sometimes I really am unsure of what I should post in here, but I know I'm among friends.

My heart goes out to Jack’s young family member.  Tragic that her young life changed instantly when she was just  doing the right thing.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Good Morning. 
Happy and safe Memorial Day to all. 

These last few weeks have been so overwhelming, and I can say we only have 3 items left on the killer B ( me) and Honey do list ( spouse). 

To begin with the Baptism for our granddaughter was memorable and all the planning paid off. 

2097F6F2-282A-40BF-A8A7-F0E20FD1F13F.thumb.jpeg.555df5b915cd3caefdcf7840390f0a78.jpeg

IMG_0375.thumb.jpeg.856190ebca9aac27d3be3342f47ca59b.jpeg

The visit to the vets with estimated.        

160 pounds of German shepherds (2) was an experience, but no humans were harmed.  

The vegetables were planted in the new raised garden beds and deer fence built to keep the deer out. 

IMG_0447.thumb.jpeg.9ad50bcb07d8a43c48945f2142f362b9.jpeg

IMG_0449.thumb.jpeg.8082b7d03258cefa33b9f23b6022f8ea.jpeg

We had our first local checking out the new secure area. 

IMG_0990.thumb.jpeg.53d2d780e0d2df078251ba2569431acd.jpeg

This week only have 2 days of babysitting in Oxford Ohio.

9 yards of mulch to arrive.  That will be laid where it is supposed to go. 

When I return finish packing for our Allure cruise only a few days away. 

Debating on doing a live thread. After being a submitter on the Bella cruise, I know I could never attain that level of of talent provided by the “male” creators. Andrew, Greg, and John. 

Time to attack my Killer “B” list. 
Planning on getting on road by 1pm. 

And when we get home we will go and bring home our new addition. 

IMG_0401.thumb.jpeg.7a1ae5d15481575a496370b50d468214.jpeg

Take care. 

Oh. Almost forgot. 
The mobile alarm clock. 
Does not need set. Just goes off when wants fed. Today. 5:11am. 

IMG_0986.thumb.jpeg.d14f1a106ca655d53e2743f3a8533621.jpeg

Catch you later. 

Beautiful family and congratulations on the baptism. Love that cake. The deer looks disappointed in being left out of what will be some leafy goodness. Have fun in the RV. 

21 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I was at Home Depot this morning, and picked up 30 bags of the Vigoro mulch.   The store was empty at 6:30 am.  Back home, and had it all put down and showers done before 9 am.

The first 100 bags I bought at Lowe’s. It was their premium mulch.  I must say the Vigoro was a much better quality, and cleaner (if there is such a thing as clean mulch).

Now it is time to pick up a few last minute things and start cooking for the birthday party today.

Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Memorial Day.

Make back hurts just thinking about carrying 100 bags.

I had my back hurting after carrying 6 bags (60 pounds each) of Gator Dust polymeric sand that we put down in our paver walkway by our patio. I had to cut open the bags and carefully spread the dust in between the stones. In the end it turned out real nice.

IMG_1582.thumb.jpeg.c0c6df91497dd42153c4e8b5621fecad.jpeg

IMG_1583.thumb.jpeg.19522d194aeae453c9371b8e34b85f9e.jpeg

IMG_1586.thumb.jpeg.44021ac891bef0cf529a98d01e90aad8.jpeg

IMG_1584.thumb.jpeg.9bbba0c4ad895b7fd2bb126c8ec6173a.jpeg

• Like 24

16 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@dani negreanu Dani, I only have a hand mixer.  Trust me, I've failed at easier recipes. 

Jack is again making noises about visiting Israel, but airfare is so expensive.  If we do visit, we'll have to cancel Bella 02.  But, we're just in the talking stages every few months.  It's been way too long since Jack saw his twin sister and we have 10 great grand-nieces/nephews we've never met.

Not sure I mentioned that Jack's sister's granddaughter's spinal stroke is attributed to the covid vaccine.  We have no idea what the positive indicator was, but the doctors are all in agreement.  She's categorized as permanently disabled, can walk for short spurts with a walker and has gone back to school with an aide by her side wherever she goes.  My heart goes out to her, so young.  16!

Sometimes I really am unsure of what I should post in here, but I know I'm among friends.

I'm so sorry to hear about Jack's sisters granddaughter Bonnie.

Sending her our prayers 🙏 and good wishes for the future.

Graham x

• Like 4

Jack is again making noises about visiting Israel, but airfare is so expensive. 

Indeed, the prices of airfare have shoot through the roof. Just read an article that they've gone up 30%. I have cruise friends who prefer to cruise much more than us, in inside cabins and always looking for a cheap deal on airfare. Lately, they found a KLM deal (TLV-NY), with a layover of 10 hours in Amsterdam both ways for less than 700$. They took the train into the city and wandered for a few hours. Just sayi....

Not for us, though. Once a year, in a balcony, and a direct flight.

BTW, we're off to Modi'in today, to baby sit for a couple of days, while DS2 + DIL are off also to Amsterdam and other cities in Holland, to "check the water" re: moving there.... So sad.

Not sure I mentioned that Jack's sister's granddaughter's spinal stroke is attributed to the covid vaccine. 

14 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I'm so sorry for her. So young. Hugs to her.

14 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm so sorry for you grand nieces circumstance.  My thoughts are with her. 

21 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

My heart goes out to Jack’s young family member.  Tragic that her young life changed instantly when she was just  doing the right thing.

+ 4  😢

You sure are.

29 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

@Lionesss

Sue

Good to hear from you. Baby Zoey looks adorable!

I am hoping to read your review on the Allure and see some pictures, so go for it!

+ 1 @Lionesss

Edited by dani negreanu
spelling
  • Like 9

We had a busy day yesterday stopped at our favorite bar Gallagher’s which is a hundred years old and was a speak easy in the 20’s. Bartenders are great they don’t use shot glasses to measure drinks. Then play Funny Girl which was excellent but bad leg room again. Went to jazz club to listen to my cousin again. Great Italian dinner at Becco again , then studio 54 below for a nightclub show which was songs of protest where 23 different singers sang Beatles, Dylan, Marvin Gaye etc, the second one song ended another singer started another song, treated ourselves with a bottle of Jordan Cabernet during the show . Today I meet some family that I haven’t seen in about 40; years.

• Like 13

Our new Gas Range replacement was installed yesterday.

Really like this one better then the Zline we had before.

This one seems to be built better ,it's alot heavier then  the first Range.

Made a stir fry last night. 🙂

The Kucht Professional was also $600 less then the Z-Line.

20230528_160815.jpg

20230528_182629.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 18

17 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I understand hesitating on what to post but I am thankful you did.  Sharing what's on your heart can help.  

It's sad that a young 16 year old has to go through this.  What will help her is loving people like you showing how much she means to you. 

There are a few things that are being questioned about the vaccine.  And I just decided to delete the rest of my thoughts on it.  I will say that there are now 3 of us in the area diagnosed with ALS.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Got up early, around 5:00, to go biking this morning. The beginning of a trifecta of perfect days this long weekend.

And my shadow decided to tag along too..

20230529_072348.thumb.jpg.932b730fbf58033097f796297a33fc9f.jpg

You sure are a tall drink of water 😇

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

I've tried hitting that return key and never can get out of the quote box.

What I do is hit the refresh button and then go back to the reply box.  When you go back it will be empty but when you click inside it will ask if you want to clear the box or leave what you had in it before you hit refresh. 

I do what @bobmacliberty does and try to remember to put space between the quote and my response. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One thing led to another. My Wife wanted to refinish the hardwood floors though out the main level plus our master bedroom.

They are here today on the holiday starting this project.

The sanding has started.

Here are the before pictures of the areas they are doing minus the master bedroom,that will be done after main areas are completed.

20230529_094706.jpg

20230529_094607.jpg

20230529_094649.jpg

20230529_094641.jpg

20230529_094632.jpg

20230529_111632.jpg

20230529_122941.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 20

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Make back hurts just thinking about carrying 100 bags.

I figure that lifting it into the wheelbarrow, wheeling it to where it goes, and lifting it out to spread, means I picked up 7,000 pounds yesterday.  Loading and unloading another 30 bags this morning added another 2,000 pounds to my totals.  No wonder I am moving a little slow now. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I figure that lifting it into the wheelbarrow, wheeling it to where it goes, and lifting it out to spread, means I picked up 7,000 pounds yesterday.  Loading and unloading another 30 bags this morning added another 2,000 pounds to my totals.  No wonder I am moving a little slow now. 

Need to get one of these for dumping mulch.

20200319_153113.jpg

Resized_20201213_133747.jpeg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 6

25 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Oh my lord, you are a good man. I think after that you should take it easy.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Our new Gas Range replacement was installed yesterday.

Really like this one better then the Zline we had before.

This one seems to be built better ,it's alot heavier then  the first Range.

Made a stir fry last night. 🙂

The Kucht Professional was also $600 less then the Z-Line.

20230528_160815.jpg

20230528_182629.jpg

Nice looking stove! Do you have a range hood for it?

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

You sure are a tall drink of water 😇

That’s what I thought. Hey it’s “Slim Man.”

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Good to hear you got it going.   It's nice to get past the planting stage. My brother has been fighting the frost problem in Northern Ohio. 

Friday I used the drip system for the first time and it worked great.  10 days ago I was surprised to find 5 tomatoes starting so soon.  Today I counted 170! The accountant in me 😆.  I harvested some broccoli last week.   Tomorrow I plan to pick my first kohlrabi. 

Kenzie was visiting here Friday.  She was working on her driving skills.  The back of her hair is getting so curly. 

image.thumb.png.c1084b5f7671e3e146d46cdaab2abfdd.png

Can't get enough of Kenzie's pictures!  Love how she's growing up so beautifully before our very eyes.

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've had the same problem Bonnie.  You get "stuck" in the quote box while trying to reply and can't get out.  I think it's due to accidentally clicking in the quote box before typing something outside the quote box.  There is therefore no empty space outside the quote box where you can click.  The only solution that I've found is to delete everything in the quote box, and then the quote box itself, and then refresh the page.  I can then start over.  It's a bit of a pain so I am VERY careful now with hitting the enter key before typing or clicking anything when quoting someone.  This puts a blank line below the quote box so that I always have someplace outside the quote box to click, and I like the blank line of separation after the quote box.

Thanks, Bob.  I appreciate the advice.  I'll try refresh next time and I am sure there will be a next time, soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Nice looking stove! Do you have a range hood for it?

That’s what I thought. Hey it’s “Slim Man.”

The exhaust fan is built in under the wooden range hood, it's flush under the hood.

20230529_131844.jpg

20230529_131832.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 8

Just now, Jimbo said:

The exhaust fan is built in under the wooden range hood, it's flush under the hood.

20230529_131844.jpg

20230529_131832.jpg

That looks great. Unfortunately our microwave is mounted above our gas stove. Makes it hard to cook anything with a large smoke factor. Your house looks fantastic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Not sure we know how to take it easy ......Final just hit for our 14 night cruise in September too.

• Like 4