Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

32 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Even when they looks like this:

Try googling,

Reisetomate tomatoes 

and see if they look the same. Interesting blog from someone in Australia that grew them

A while ago I heard of an ancient Peruvian heirloom tomato that did not grow round or oblong like most tomatoes, but grew segments that one could separate like a mandarin or an orange.  This tomato could be eaten one segment at a time without the use for a knife.  This sounded intriguing, I wanted to see a tomato like this”.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Try googling,

Reisetomate tomatoes 

and see if they look the same. Interesting blog from someone in Australia that grew them

A while ago I heard of an ancient Peruvian heirloom tomato that did not grow round or oblong like most tomatoes, but grew segments that one could separate like a mandarin or an orange.  This tomato could be eaten one segment at a time without the use for a knife.  This sounded intriguing, I wanted to see a tomato like this”.

I hope not, this guy said it tasted like dirt. 

44 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Try googling,

Reisetomate tomatoes 

That is what the link I posted last night talked about too but he doesn't think it is.  Here is the link again.

https://laidbackgardener.blog/2018/05/02/the-worlds-weirdest-tomato/

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So did I. I still think it should be all y'all but what does this northern boy know about Southernese.

3 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

That is the correct spelling.

Just my guess but I think @Ocean Boy was inferring that there should be a "all" in front of "y'all".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:
4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So did I. I still think it should be all y'all but what does this northern boy know about Southernese.

3 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

That is the correct spelling.

Just my guess but I think @Ocean Boy was inferring that there should be a "all" in front of "y'all".

Ah, I missed that part. YES, "all y'all" is also correct and frequently used.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Ah, I missed that part. YES, "all y'all" is also correct and frequently used.

I get all my Southern-speak from the Holdeness family.🙂🤣

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I reckin it's bout time to gettin back to that there southern talk thang. Y'all for a small or large group.   All Y'all when you want to expand the group you where referring to first. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

There is a list of suggested questions, as well as questions that our daughters have asked.  For instance:  What was your Dad like when you were growing up?  When did you learn to ride a bike?  How did you celebrate your 21st Birthday?  etc. etc.  Each time I finish writing on a topic, it gets sent to our 3 daughters, and from what I understand, it will be put into a book when finished.

Since you enjoy writing, Lenny, this would be "right up your alley", as the saying goes.😊

I do enjoy writing these stories, when I do sit down to write them!😉

That is exactly what my friends wife said to me when she suggested that I do this I have had two very tragic experiences which have affected my outlook on life .When Toby and I were dating and things were getting really serious I told her about both of these things.My daughters know but not my granddaughters.I wrote a book of short stories and poetry that was published and I put aside copies for each granddaughter that my plan is to give them next summer when they will be 20 and 16.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I hope not, this guy said it tasted like dirt. 

LOL, the Australian blog enjoyed it but said it was slightly sour, better with a touch of salt.

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

That is what the link I posted last night talked about too but he doesn't think it is.  Here is the link again.

https://laidbackgardener.blog/2018/05/02/the-worlds-weirdest-tomato/

Sorry i missed your post. I had seen that link too and certainly looks similar to me. Possibly Godzilla mentioned in your link.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

LOL, the Australian blog enjoyed it but said it was slightly sour, better with a touch of salt.

Sorry i missed your post. I had seen that link too and certainly looks similar to me. Possibly Godzilla mentioned in your link.

Didn't really see anything else that even look remotely like the picture he posted.  Will be interesting to see what it is like when he pulls it apart. 🙂 

• Like 2

Strong Winds,Heavy Rain here now.

Just how large can my Tomatoes  get?

What kind of clouds are they?

Temperture just drpped 10 degrees in the last 20 minutes ....86 to 76 degrees.

20230728_173124.jpg

20230728_173130.jpg

20230728_173134.jpg

20230728_173202.jpg

20230728_173207.jpg

20230728_173226.jpg

20230728_173229.jpg

20230728_173326.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 20

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I reckin it's bout time to gettin back to that there southern talk thang. Y'all for a small or large group.   All Y'all when you want to expand the group you where referring to first. 

All I know is that soon after moving here to TX from NY I was told what the REAL meaning of "bless your heart" is.

From Google my friend:

"Bless your heart" is a phrase common to the Southern United States. The phrase has multiple meanings and is used to express genuine sympathy but sometimes as an insult that conveys condescension, derision, or contempt. It may also be spoken as a precursor to an insult to mitigate its severity.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Here he says they aren’t to bad. He talks about the taste around 5:15.

Wow this guy went hog wild over the taste of it...add salt.    .he called it almost a   #1.

My tomatoes doesn't have all those sections though and weighs much heavier then what he had. Mine is just about 3 lbs green, I'm thinking if I let it vine ripen it would have been over 3lbs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

20230728_173124.jpg

20230728_173130.jpg

20230728_173134.jpg

20230728_173202.jpg

20230728_173207.jpg

20230728_173226.jpg

20230728_173229.jpg

20230728_173326.jpg

Those clouds are eerie looking but also cool looking.      It was nasty HOT and Humid here today.  We reached over 100 with a feel like Hedouble hockey sticks.    40% chance of storms overnight with a high of 95 tomorrow then should be really nice Sunday in the low / mid 80's.

Our roof was scheduled to be done this week but owner of the company called earlier in the week and said he was giving his guys off for the rest of the week due to the extreme heat.   Which was fine by me as I wouldn't want anyone working on my roof in these temps. 

rescheduled for Tuesday which looks like we should have a beautiful day per forecast.   

• Like 9

58 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Wow this guy went hog wild over the taste of it...add salt.    .he called it almost a   #1.

My tomatoes doesn't have all those sections though and weighs much heavier then what he had. Mine is just about 3 lbs green, I'm thinking if I let it vine ripen it would have been over 3lbs.

his looks like a bunch of cherry tomatoes joined together yours looks like a bunch of regular size tomatoes joined together.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

20230728_173124.jpg

20230728_173130.jpg

20230728_173134.jpg

20230728_173202.jpg

20230728_173207.jpg

20230728_173226.jpg

20230728_173229.jpg

20230728_173326.jpg

Shelf clouds, have them here almost daily dur to the heat and offshore winds. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

20230728_173124.jpg

20230728_173130.jpg

20230728_173134.jpg

20230728_173202.jpg

20230728_173207.jpg

20230728_173226.jpg

20230728_173229.jpg

Wow!  Isn't Nature beautiful?   With your strong winds and heavy rain, you've got quite a storm where you are.  Stay safe. Jimbo.  Your pictures are awesome!

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

his looks like a bunch of cherry tomatoes joined together yours looks like a bunch of regular size tomatoes joined together.   

So true, I can't peel the sections off like the guy in the video did.

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Wow!  Isn't Nature beautiful?   With your strong winds and heavy rain, you've got quite a storm where you are.  Stay safe. Jimbo.  Your pictures are awesome!

Yes, I was just about ready to water the garden when these dark clouds  rolled in. No need to now we got a good downpour for 40 minutes. The high the last 3 days was near 85 degrees, It's now 70 degrees and the sun is out again.

• Like 4