Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

52 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Did you try wrapping her up with towel before trying to put her into carrier to make it easier. Put the towel on your lap and when she comes over to sit on your lap you gently wrap her up in towel.

If that doesn't work you can ask your vet for a sedative or  tranquilizer  to settle her down. The size of the pill is dependent on how many pounds Jade is. This usually works fairly easy if you can get your cat to eat the pills, usually wrap the pill up in a pill pouch treat.

We also needed to use a towel a few times. , my first cat would sometimes walk in the carrier if we had it out , but after being sick a couple of times he also would avoid the carrier 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Our cats hate getting into cat carrier also. Linda has had luck putting the carrier on the couch with the opening angled up against the back of the couch. When the cat is near she picks her up and puts them at the top and gravity takes over dipping them to the bottom. It’s worked every time for her.

Thanks. This a behavior that I've never had to deal with before and right now I am pretty unhappy about the occurance. It was also very embarrassing to have to cancel at the last minute though they were very understanding when I called.

• Like 4

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks. This a behavior that I've never had to deal with before and right now I am pretty unhappy about the occurance. It was also very embarrassing to have to cancel at the last minute though they were very understanding when I called.

Unfortunately it happens a lot our vet said. We’ve had to cancel before too. Let’s face it we love our cats but they can be jerks sometimes. 😉

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Unfortunately it happens a lot our vet said. We’ve had to cancel before too. Let’s face it we love our cats but they can be jerks sometimes. 😉

I am thinking about trying a mobile vet that is in our neighborhood, since main problem is getting them in pet taxi and most hate car rides.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm not really feeling the love today.

Been there. We did have a breakthrough with Kylar (black cat) with Jonathan’s two cats Drave (b&w) and female Beans (orange) at the dining room table.

IMG_1900.thumb.jpeg.4b452ce5964d51c9860521c88c15b0b5.jpeg

• Like 17

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ok cat folks. Jade was supposed to go to the vet today for a checkup. She would have nothing to do with getting into the carrier and I have a clawed up bloody arm to prove it. Had to cancel. Never had this issue before with dogs or cats. Any suggestions? Oh yeah, now she is eating treats out of my recently bloody hand.🙄

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Did you try wrapping her up with towel before trying to put her into carrier to make it easier. Put the towel on your lap and when she comes over to sit on your lap you gently wrap her up in towel.

2 hours ago, George C said:

We also needed to use a towel a few times. , my first cat would sometimes walk in the carrier if we had it out , but after being sick a couple of times he also would avoid the carrier 

The late Miss Priss could be a feisty girl and difficult to get into the carrier.  One of our veterinarians was even afraid of her, and they would wrap her in a towel to examine her.  She would snarl, hiss, scratch, you name it.  Our best method for getting her into the carrier would be to scruff her by the back of the neck like a mama picks up her kittens and hope for the best. Of course, once she was at the vet, she was very eager to get back into the carrier!  

image.thumb.jpeg.4ef81fe01265c2b414d99b61ff87a92c.jpeg

• Like 14

I don’t believe a single person, alone, can get a recalcitrant cat into a carrier.  At least, not the cats we’ve had!!  It requires Kevlar gauntlets (I’m not kidding) and carefully choreographed maneuvers by at least two people.  The one with the gloves to stuff the cat in the carrier and the other to spring the trap door…

AVITZ Animal Handling Gloves 35cm... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DWVT1VG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I don’t believe a single person, alone, can get a recalcitrant cat into a carrier.  At least, not the cats we’ve had!!  It requires Kevlar gauntlets (I’m not kidding) and carefully choreographed maneuvers by at least two people.  The one with the gloves to stuff the cat in the carrier and the other to spring the trap door…

AVITZ Animal Handling Gloves 35cm... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DWVT1VG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Although that made me laugh, I believe you are serious!  Good idea.

• Like 1

We have two park passes for the days we are here, plus we have the unlimited express passes for the days we are here.  It all came with some special Harry Potter package through the hotel. This was delivered to our house a couple weeks before we left. 

IMG_8365.thumb.jpeg.b05ea61cfc7c5e9306c03cc2c2c8a02b.jpeg

IMG_8369.thumb.jpeg.664e9b686d2923a166474b062f6ed15c.jpeg

We have an hour early access to IOA this week.  This was the line ahead of us at 7:43 am. 

IMG_8385.thumb.jpeg.22b845362b9b98063327f501bba07644.jpeg

and the line behind us. 

IMG_8386.thumb.jpeg.b60cc5e466d53c646265a00cb3427446.jpeg

Once in, the crowds thinned 

IMG_8388.thumb.jpeg.09e865e36100647045f7b8c10adbec9c.jpeg

IMG_8391.thumb.jpeg.71ca360129324a20d742c95196ceb0cc.jpeg

Actually done quite a lot at both parks so far.  Grandson trying to be eaten by Jaws. 

IMG_8412.thumb.jpeg.5127f701657f43c6be82ac950dead67d.jpeg

Time for pool time at the hotel before dinner. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ok cat folks. Jade was supposed to go to the vet today for a checkup. She would have nothing to do with getting into the carrier and I have a clawed up bloody arm to prove it. Had to cancel. Never had this issue before with dogs or cats. Any suggestions? Oh yeah, now she is eating treats out of my recently bloody hand.🙄

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Our cats hate getting into cat carrier also. Linda has had luck putting the carrier on the couch with the opening angled up against the back of the couch. When the cat is near she picks her up and puts them at the top and gravity takes over dipping them to the bottom. It’s worked every time for her.

This is what I do, too. Place the carrier upright on the floor and lower the cat in. 

However, I currently share in your injuries. I was trimming one cat's claws over the weekend, he got startled by something and tore me up. He got my hand, belly, and the side of my leg on his way out. Normally, he doesn't fight the trimming too much, but this time something scared him the way he suddenly went nuts. Ouch.

P.S. I did not give him treats after that.

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 7
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

We’ve been using a mobile vet for close to 15 years.  While not cheap it eliminates many issues.  

Before we got transferred to Ct in 1999, we lived in a more rural area here in Palm Beach County, and there was a vet who mostly treated horses, who would come around with his truck and take care of our dogs and cats. He wasn't expensive at all , especially compared  to the fancy vet with her fancy clinic, who found ways to part her patients from their money.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Before we got transferred to Ct in 1999, we lived in a more rural area here in Palm Beach County, and there was a vet who mostly treated horses, who would come around with his truck and take care of our dogs and cats. He wasn't expensive at all , especially compared  to the fancy vet with her fancy clinic, who found ways to part her patients from their money.

Back in 2009 or so it was the same office visit cost etc but when gas prices went through the roof the cost of the office visit began to rise to account for that cost to the business.

My throat cancer treatment is finally started, Just had my first chemo. Now waiting for the radiation treatments to get scheduled,  This all started when I noticed a lump on the side of my neck on our last cruise on May 20. Went to PCP the next week, who scheduled a CT scan that led to the initial diagnosis. 

Situation became a series of requirements that had to be completed , one after the other. Each step was with a new doctor. Because the cancer is in my throat,

The process included a dentist, an ENT  (ear,nose,throat). oral surgeon, GI (gastro) . We are lucky, most are booked solid, but given the situation, they found quick appointments where there were none available when we first called.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4

44 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

My throat cancer treatment is finally started, Just had my first chemo. Now waiting for the radiation treatments to get scheduled,  This all started when I noticed a lump on the side of my neck on our last cruise on May 20. Went to PCP the next week, who scheduled a CT scan that led to the initial diagnosis. 

Situation became a series of requirements that had to be completed , one after the other. Each step was with a new doctor. Because the cancer is in my throat,

The process included a dentist, an ENT  (ear,nose,throat). oral surgeon, GI (gastro) . We are lucky, most are booked solid, but given the situation, they found quick appointments where there were none available when we first called.

We really need a care button. I will be thinking of you through this period. I have complete confidence that you will get through this and have a full recovery like my good friend who had the same type of cancer. I am here for you. Please keep us updated. I am praying for you and wishing a speedy healing and full recovery. Love you buddy!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Wishing you the very best and a full recovery.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Best wishes.

prayer-for.gif

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

can any of my photoshop friends get this blue tarp out of this picture? 🤣IMG_0558.thumb.jpeg.1468d286988cbcde5652ba3971936d4f.jpeg

IMG_0557.thumb.jpeg.603d1c5709700a50711bfc7602070d4c.jpeg

So what are you thinking should be there.  With the bricks there it appears they are working on something .  I am guessing you don't want the background blurred.  Here is a couple of things AI produced.

IMG_0558minustarp.jpeg.1468d286988cbcde5652ba3971936d4fcopy.thumb.jpg.0103780e1e31e094bf5302085bf9adeb.jpg

IMG_0558.thumb_2.1468d286988cbcde5652ba3971936d4fcopy.thumb.jpg.c8b68be8b35b993593b8d590ea70310b.jpg

• Like 19

33 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

So what are you thinking should be there.  With the bricks there it appears they are working on something .  I am guessing you don't want the background blurred.  Here is a couple of things AI produced.

IMG_0558minustarp.jpeg.1468d286988cbcde5652ba3971936d4fcopy.thumb.jpg.0103780e1e31e094bf5302085bf9adeb.jpg

IMG_0558.thumb_2.1468d286988cbcde5652ba3971936d4fcopy.thumb.jpg.c8b68be8b35b993593b8d590ea70310b.jpg

Thanks for doing this. I was going to do it and got a phone call by the time I came back here I see you did a fine job.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, singinalot said:

can any of my photoshop friends get this blue tarp out of this picture? 🤣IMG_0558.thumb.jpeg.1468d286988cbcde5652ba3971936d4f.jpeg

IMG_0557.thumb.jpeg.603d1c5709700a50711bfc7602070d4c.jpeg

2nd photo 2 attempts.

IMG_055_2nd1.jpeg.603d1c5709700a50711bfc7602070d4ccopy.thumb.jpg.85c9a8909954be3ad20988b34fd0a8b7.jpg

IMG_055_2nd_2.jpeg.603d1c5709700a50711bfc7602070d4ccopy.thumb.jpg.29f2a4f24eca30d5608d5dbfc7f1a667.jpg

Crystal, I been meaning to ask, have you thought at all about cruising Bella 2.  It would be great for us all to meet you and I know you would add not only to the fun on the ship but also on the live thread.  

Also, go give Nate a soft kiss,  give it a second, then tell him it's from me! Then let us know the reaction.  😂

Looks like your having fun!

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 4
  • Haha 6