Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Few pics from our trip down to LA today:

20230806_102610.thumb.jpg.9532f96c30ee3d96d81659eee1e57375.jpg

20230806_110309.thumb.jpg.37d480669ad24205584b2d4701d1e56a.jpg

Wcome to land of $6 gas

20230806_121521.thumb.jpg.1353cf09854b6535a27ec0bb29175bc6.jpg

Sashimi and sushi take out to eat in the room as we got the huge 600 square feet room for the 4 of us and in-laws room was 350 sf so plenty of space to relax to stretch out 

Just out of interest is that expensive or cheap for you?  I converted it to £1.25 litre which is probably a bit more than we pay.

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Hey Below Fans, two things. Did anyone watch that “Project Runway” with the Below Deck cast from all the franchises? The designers had to make new uniforms for them. A couple of them looked pretty good the others were stupid including Mzi’s, Captain Sandy, and Captain Jason.

Also I was watching Below Deck Down Under and find that deck hand Harry makes some of the weirdest faces. Several times I thought he reminds me of someone. Then it hit me he looks like the Muppet character “Beaker.”

F78C0901-F418-4FEA-AEF6-2C218B9C8698.thumb.jpeg.f21f3c39694ea8374bd58f19db3a9fd3.jpeg

Started to watch Project Runway but it was moving way too slowly and was far to boring for me so I went to bed.

• Like 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

Started to watch Project Runway but it was moving way too slowly and was far to boring for me so I went to bed.

Yeah it's pretty boring. The crew isn't in it a whole lot. Funny to watch Gary hitting on his designer. Weird that they had Captain Lee in the beginning introduce the crew to the designers but he did not take part. I wonder what he got paid for just one scene and a couple of lines.

6 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Just out of interest is that expensive or cheap for you?  I converted it to £1.25 litre which is probably a bit more than we pay.

It's on the expensive side for the US. California is on the high side.  Other cruisers from different states will chime in.

I got gas yesterday afternoon from Costco that is cheaper than the $6 I saw while on the road.

$4.579 at Costco gas

20230806_170843.thumb.jpg.0de4fab87bc4f07fcd7876fedebeee6b.jpg

20230806_171124.thumb.jpg.5981ea798f7e8883d8902ef30b9eb367.jpg

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, sgmn said:

It looks amazing, my DIL would absolutely love the HP theme package. She is a Harry Potter nut 

There were plenty of them there.  I can’t believe the number of kids (and some adults) wearing black, Harry Potter robes in that heat.

• Like 2

Few hotel pics before heading out to the port 30 minutes away and stand in line with hundreds of BFFs. We have 11 AM check in. Royal App already sent reminders this morning.

San Pedro has the setup outside of the cruise terminal different than Florida's. Time to hit the tent city...

20230807_074403.thumb.jpg.36bf67dd7af9b30e7491b4a4c78e293f.jpg

20230807_080241.thumb.jpg.01c9520101fcec126dadba46ed262aec.jpg

20230807_080300.thumb.jpg.f9b56c3581d5bc68098d7387378e6ea0.jpg

Complimentary hotel breakfast to tie me over until Windjammer in 3 hours. Not sure I can handle the hardship of not constantly stuffing my face...

20230807_080410.thumb.jpg.f60839b62305753916c0b5780af55565.jpg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

OK.... here I go again.... what are "scramblers" ??? Is the JR b'fast free?

After I "hit" diamond in January 2018, somehow, all my cruises were with Celebrity.

Bella 2 will be my first in Royal as a diamond....

But you will be Elite with Celebrity.

• Thanks 1

This slice of Pizza has decided to go in and enjoy the Solarium. Prime choice of seats, loungers, beds to pick. I think I will do what Goldilocks did! Hubby is enjoying boiling in the hot tub. Perhaps he thinks he is a lobster! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dentist is due to return from vacation tomorrow.  First available appointment is a week from today, Monday.  I can live with this for the time being but will call my regular out of network dentist if it flairs up.  I know he'll see me immediately. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Allow a lot of time if you are eating there. Bring a book to read between courses. You probably would have time to run up to the Windjammer for additional food. 😉

Every time we have eaten there we didn’t have to wait long at all for the food. It is made to order but it always comes out hot. Key is to get there early enough before everyone else decides to have breakfast there.

• Like 2

Just Googled prices of fuel around the world.  I was supposed to be switching off my computer and doing a cardio workout, really needed something to procrastinate with.  Apparently Venezuela is the cheapest place to buy petrol.  You could fill up a car in Venezuela for under $1 !  

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Every time we have eaten there we didn’t have to wait long at all for the food. It is made to order but it always comes out hot. Key is to get there early enough before everyone else decides to have breakfast there.

We had no problem either. No lines. Plenty of tables and hot food today.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, George C said:

We went out last night for drinks and to listen to music had gin and tonic and old fashion then ordered a Hennessy Vs , bartender gave me a extremely large (about 5 oz ) Hennessy XO , he got a very nice tip.

Wow! That is very nice. How much was a glass of the XO?

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, I'm already. The moment I had the 80 points and the "title" Diamond, I've status matched with Celebrity.

How do you feel?

We were Elite of Celebrity before I got on a Royal cruise, so I was a Diamond on my first cruise.  DW had been doing girls winter cruises, so she already had a bunch of points, just not enough for diamond.  It was her additional points that got us to Pinnacle.  I still have a few more to get to 700, but not many.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

Ugh I am not looking forward to today.  It will be an almost double shift at the refuge.  Second baby squirrel season is in full force.  The baby board is full with most of them needing feeding every 2 hours.  Our interns leave a lot to be desired and most of the long term volunteers who have a good  work ethic are not in town for various reasons.  Sigh.

Wish I could pop over and help you out. It sounds fascinating 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Around £1.44 here in the UK at mo, though we get it for around £1.35 a litre at Costco. 

• Like 2