Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 11/15/2023 at 11:03 AM, George C said:

Not a good day here , will get a root canal in a couple of hours , car has problems need to tow it to get it fixed , but this is minor. Vet thinks our 16 year old Joebob has cancer and we may have to put him to sleep, he is a very sweet boy we lost his sister last year.

image.jpeg

Such a beautiful cat. So sorry to hear about the cancer, we’ve had 2 cats with cancer and it’s hard.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

@George C  I’m very sorry for your loss. I know how you feel we had to make same decision this week also due to cancer for our 12 yr old dog. She was our baby and it’s been a rough week. It’s so hard to let them go. 

Sorry for your loss, we will definitely get two more kittens fairly soon . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, #55worktoplay said:

Good for you. I was adamant she would be our last but I’m pretty sure I’m going to cave. 

My wife said same thing after we lost our original two kittens after having them about 18 years, then I get a call saying she just saw two beautiful 2month old kittens in local shelter 😁😁,  I figure if we get two kittens they will probably live longer than me since I am 74 and will be close to 75 when we get them.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, George C said:

My wife said same thing after we lost our original two kittens after having them about 18 years, then I get a call saying she just saw two beautiful 2month old kittens in local shelter 😁😁,  I figure if we get two kittens they will probably live longer than me since I am 74 and will be close to 75 when we get them.

I suspect my husband will be getting similar notice. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

@George C  I’m very sorry for your loss. I know how you feel we had to make same decision this week also due to cancer for our 12 yr old dog. She was our baby and it’s been a rough week. It’s so hard to let them go. 

Sorry to hear about your dog.  May she RIP🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I have a brand new iPhone 15 pro. I haven’t used it for more than 3 days. I haven’t tried to post a photo with it. I am now going to post a photo and I expect it to post with zero effort. Let’s see what happens as I am going to post whether the picture appears or not.  

Viola. My new truck shell to protect my pinnarello dyodo from thieves

IMG_5518.jpeg

Nice truck... Did you have the mirrors painted or did it come that way from the factory.  

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Since we were going to be gone, long before Christmas, we debated how much decorating to do.  Initially, Susan said, “Let’s just put up the small pencil tree in the family room.”  Ok, that is fine with me. 

IMG_9355.thumb.jpeg.b8abd12892b0790e0813459246f40c9f.jpeg

Then she said, “Oh, since we will celebrate with the grandkids in a couple weeks, we better put up the living room tree.  And put up the legos, because they like to play with those.”  Ok, didn’t plan on that, but….

IMG_9358.thumb.jpeg.b7fe134ac04c895988f1f265d33c32c5.jpeg

Then I said, “Stop, or pretty soon we will look like this”

Anyhow, decorating is done.  I hope!

Your trees are beautiful 

• Like 1

Gosh I love street libraries.  Took Max for a long walk last night after dinner and decided to walk down a street that I noticed last week has a brand new street library installed.  

Delighted to discover that someone had donated the brand  new release of one of my fave authors that has been getting excellent reviews.  

Meanwhile, DH was at the theatre seeing Tubular Bells for two.  Two Australian musicians re-create Mike Oldfield’s 1973 album Tubular Bells with over 20 musical instruments.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Nice truck... Did you have the mirrors painted or did it come that way from the factory.  

Ours are. It comes with the Laramie package, and up if I remember. I think it can be added as an option as well 

23 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

We are getting solar panels installed on our roof next week. DH informed me that it is best not to  have a shower in the morning.  I need to shower “off peak”. Nope - not happening.  Happy to use off peak for dishwasher & washing machine but pre-work showers are non-negotiable.

We had them installed earlier this year. We've got an app that tells us how much power is going from the solar panels to the battery and how much is used by the house from the battery or from the grid. And yes, Gary nags me to use the washer/dryer and dishwasher washer during the day when the solar panels are working.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I did it!!  I went to the picture and said I wanted to add it to a file and here we are!!!!  Take THAT, Steve Jobs!!!!

-PMDy4EuSrubqh3GMCZ6LQ.jpg

It's been so long, I forgot the purpose of the picture. 

New TV? New rug? New cat tower?😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2