Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

My guys really like the feature where you can have 4 channels on split screen at once, so they can watch 4 football games at the same time. 

We do have nfl red zone which sometimes has up to 8 but prefer just watching one game at a time, but happy we bought a 75” sony tv recently.

• Like 1

So far we have eaten dinner every night in CK.

Seafood veloute.

20231128_202616.thumb.jpg.d41d5d6b501c12f68a962ab8e7753f62.jpg

Roasted lamb loin.

20231128_204255.thumb.jpg.573be9b93a904be49973a198e382403a.jpg

"Ras El Hanout" seasoned swordfish. It was terrible. Very rubbery so I got something else.

20231128_125934.thumb.jpg.1bf5f29032d77b309e685b3d5d6c2208.jpg

Zucchini spaghetti. What was I thinking? 🤦‍♀️ Definitely not my thing, especially as a main course. I like zucchini, but it was the sauce that ruined it.

20231126_201608.thumb.jpg.3d9ee6beb221c6df4ec02ee17ebb6941.jpg

Grilled filet mignon.

20231126_201546.thumb.jpg.6b39ca537441a275d5509136850f6df9.jpg

Zucchini spaghetti before I dug into it.

20231126_201518.thumb.jpg.e2b7f5293f2ec222756650b868bd64dd.jpg

Maine lobster salad.

20231126_195951.thumb.jpg.f910a0f4f0ed6ee8430c7e734a400431.jpg

• Like 19

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

All my Tv's are either Samsung or LG smart tv's but we do have one older Panasonic which is not a Smart Tv, does that mean I may not be able to get YouTubeTV on that set?

Another issue I like to watch MLB.TV so I can get Philadelphia Phillies games broadcasted here in Virginia. Seems we can do that through Amazon Prime. So that issue seems to be resolved.

Does anyone know anything about the Panasonic Tv Issue?

Other then that it would just be cost comparison  between Xfinity  and YoutubeTv

You may be able to plug in a chromecast with Google TV device on your Panasonic TV

Edited by Vibe

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I used to have a Roadrunner email address when they were our ISP.  10+ years ago, I created 2 new email addresses...one with Outlook and one with Gmail.  Both have the same name, just a different ending.  That way, I can switch providers and not worry about losing my email address.  I use the Outlook address for more personal things and the Gmail address for business things (like the address that everyone wants when you sign up for something online).  This helps keep my Outlook address "clean".  I still technically had the Roadrunner address (until we moved), just never used it.  

It's painful switching email addresses but worth it going through the pain one time and then hopefully never needing to do it again, so long as both Outlook mail and Gmail are still around. You will though probably run into situations like I just had.  I created an online account a LONG time ago using my cinci.rr.com email address.  I haven't accessed the account in more than a decade. When I tried to log in recently, I couldn't remember the password.  I clicked the link to reset the password and they sent an email to my Roadrunner address, which no longer exists.  I had no other backup email address.  That meant that I needed to call someone to get my password changed, which was an extremely painful process.

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We use Gmail and like it a lot.

We love Gmail.

With YouTube TV on our Apple TV we just use the Apple TV remote. All of our other TV’s have a Google supplied remote.

I have my own gmail address, but our primary one that we use for everything else is with Cox.net.  It seems we should replace that with something like a gmail or outlook in the event we eventually cut ties with Cox altogether.  We’d do it well in advance so there’s some overlap to make sure all the important stuff is going to the new email address.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

My guys really like the feature where you can have 4 channels on split screen at once, so they can watch 4 football games at the same time. 

What are you using to get MLB  games.

I assume you can't get MLB Extra Innings or  are you using MLBTV to get your baseball games?

No MLB Newtork either I guess?

Haven't had to worry about getting NFL games lately since the Philadelphia Eagles have been so good since we have been in Virginia, all their games so far this season have been on Prime Time channels. 🙂

Haven't missed any of their games live yet.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I'm about 30 pages behind, but will catch up. In Aruba today and just walked around.

In the cruise terminal.

20231129_095210.thumb.jpg.2fca1c9cad3c14aa5d8dac557f876e1a.jpg

20231129_101629.thumb.jpg.740514df60bca48020155418d5d8af08.jpg

20231129_101625.thumb.jpg.97fa2ff181e6a3b4569b0c4666444299.jpg

I don't remember the flamingos so I think they're new. 

20231129_101843.thumb.jpg.f4fd5c2793e28bdb9d71ea0a3d4c2116.jpg

20231129_110558.thumb.jpg.ff153269aa956ca8b9b88de98183907b.jpg

IMO, this is what winter should look like. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

All my Tv's are either Samsung or LG smart tv's but we do have one older Panasonic which is not a Smart Tv, does that mean I may not be able to get YouTubeTV on that set?

Another issue I like to watch MLB.TV so I can get Philadelphia Phillies games broadcasted here in Virginia. Seems we can do that through Amazon Prime. So that issue seems to be resolved.

Does anyone know anything about the Panasonic Tv Issue?

Other then that it would just be cost comparison  between Xfinity  and YoutubeTv

1 hour ago, Vibe said:

You may be able to plug in a chromecast with Google TV device on your Panasonic TV

Another option is an Amazon firestick. 

Our local internet/cable is covered in our HOA so just stick with that. When we first moved here it was pretty basic, old time dvr, etc but recently they created an app version that only runs on the firestick.  Took a bit to get used to, it is similar to you tube tv which our daughter has, but like it now.   Can actually take the firestick to our other house and use it there for our recordings.  Our son, on the other hand, in PA has crazy high cable bills, keep telling him to look into you tube TV, maybe one of these days.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Another option is an Amazon firestick. 

Our local internet/cable is covered in our HOA so just stick with that. When we first moved here it was pretty basic, old time dvr, etc but recently they created an app version that only runs on the firestick.  Took a bit to get used to, it is similar to you tube tv which our daughter has, but like it now.   Can actually take the firestick to our other house and use it there for our recordings.  Our son, on the other hand, in PA has crazy high cable bills, keep telling him to look into you tube TV, maybe one of these days.  

Just used the fire stick in it and it worked,at least we can get something on that ztv in master bedroom.We don't watch much in there but atleast wanted to have something available..

Should work out okay on that tv and then we can use YouTube Tv on the others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

What are you using to get MLB  games.

I assume you can't get MLB Extra Innings or  are you using MLBTV to get your baseball games?

No MLB Newtork either I guess?

Haven't had to worry about getting NFL games lately since the Philadelphia Eagles have been so good since we have been in Virginia, all their games so far this season have been on Prime Time channels. 🙂

Haven't missed any of their games live yet.

Nothing. The Rangers are only shown locally on Bally sports, which is a separate streaming service. It's fairly expensive compared to others, so we do not subscribe. The Bally deal is expiring in another year, and everyone in this area is happy to see it go. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Nothing. The Rangers are only shown locally on Bally sports, which is a separate streaming service. It's fairly expensive compared to others, so we do not subscribe. The Bally deal is expiring in another year, and everyone in this area is happy to see it go. 

Direct tv shows Bally local sports , I don’t have the nba package but can see the maverick games on Bally. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

So far we have eaten dinner every night in CK.

Seafood veloute.

20231128_202616.thumb.jpg.d41d5d6b501c12f68a962ab8e7753f62.jpg

Roasted lamb loin.

20231128_204255.thumb.jpg.573be9b93a904be49973a198e382403a.jpg

"Ras El Hanout" seasoned swordfish. It was terrible. Very rubbery so I got something else.

20231128_125934.thumb.jpg.1bf5f29032d77b309e685b3d5d6c2208.jpg

Zucchini spaghetti. What was I thinking? 🤦‍♀️ Definitely not my thing, especially as a main course. I like zucchini, but it was the sauce that ruined it.

20231126_201608.thumb.jpg.3d9ee6beb221c6df4ec02ee17ebb6941.jpg

Grilled filet mignon.

20231126_201546.thumb.jpg.6b39ca537441a275d5509136850f6df9.jpg

Zucchini spaghetti before I dug into it.

20231126_201518.thumb.jpg.e2b7f5293f2ec222756650b868bd64dd.jpg

Maine lobster salad.

20231126_195951.thumb.jpg.f910a0f4f0ed6ee8430c7e734a400431.jpg

Not a fan of CK for dinner had two dinners on first oasis class , ever since we went to specialty restaurants, did get a good price for UDP on current cruise doing  hibachi tonight at 9:30 , extremely hard to get this reservation other restaurants are no problem. Time for happy hour.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, George C said:

Not a fan of CK for dinner had two dinners on first oasis class , ever since we went to specialty restaurants, did get a good price for UDP on current cruise doing  hibachi tonight at 9:30 , extremely hard to get this reservation other restaurants are no problem. Time for happy hour.

We loved it on allure pre Covid.  We were very disappointed on the harmony in January of this year.  We were super excited about trying it again. Didn't find it as special an experience and food was not that great.  

Edited by maggieq
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, sgmn said:

He's happily playing in  the children's ward playroom. Still breathing heavily and obviously still full of cold but they're  hoping the Dr's say he can go home tonight, depends how the day goes.  🤞 

Here's hoping your little guy is now home from the hospital, Sue!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, George C said:

If you get a chance and are going by Cafe Promenade can you ask if they have Oat Milk?

1 hour ago, maggieq said:

We loved it on allure pre Covid.  We were very disappointed on the harmony in January of this year.  We were super excited about trying it again. Didn't find it as special an experience and food was not that great.  

I think of CK as a half step up from the MDR. Kinda halfway between the MDR and a specialty restaurant. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I know most television broadcasts are not in 4K but do you see a quality increase? I’m sure 4K material looks awesome.

YouTube TV doesn’t have a lot of content in 4k. A few movies and some series that we don’t watch. Most of our 4K viewing has been on Netflix and Prime. 4K is pretty clearly better if you have a large screen and are sitting close enough. I don’t know if the human eye can really see the difference on a smaller screen or from a distance. 

Edit: YouTube TV does have some sports broadcast in 4K. Looks awesome. 

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 1