Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, George C said:

That’s another reason we fly , while drinking doubles😁

we watched a interesting movie on Netflix yesterday “leave the world behind “ great cast , very suspenseful, weird ending.

I loved the book it is based on.  Read it in one go.  241 pages of pure dread whilst making points on race, class, our reliance on modern technology and the destruction of our planet.  Sounds like the ending was true to the book.

11 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I loved the book it is based on.  Read it in one go.  241 pages of pure dread whilst making points on race, class, our reliance on modern technology and the destruction of our planet.  Sounds like the ending was true to the book.

I saw the movie.It was very good.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

After clicking that link, you saved me a trip to NYC 🙂  Now I feel like I'm not missing anything now........EXCEPT the STINKING CROWDS !!

As Chevy Chase said in Christmas Vacation: "It's all part of the experience"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

My daughter lives in Bay Ridge Brooklyn so we get to see the fireworks from the roof of her condo.

Ideal way would be a rooftop bar in midtown, July 4th is my wife birthday, we celebrated her birthday about a decade ago and my sister and her husband bought us dinner at Gallaghers . Normally we host a pool party every July 4th.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

You want crying?  I got teary eyed at the last Howdy Doody episode when Clarabelle spoke for the first and last time and said with a sad sigh "goodbye kids"

Bonnie,  a girl in my First Grade Class was on the Howdy Doody Show and got to sit in the Peanut Gallery!😉

• Like 7

@Luckynana I have a question for you Maryann.  Good friends of ours want to do an RCI cruise with us.  We cruised with them this past January on NCL.  It was their first cruise and they loved it but now want to give RCI a try.  They both still work and Jan/Feb is best for them to take time off.  Andy and I were thinking of asking them to come along on one of the Bella cruises.  Our friends really don’t drink and definitely wouldn’t enjoy hanging out at say the Schooner Bar.  With that in mind, we’re not sure if it would be awkward for us to participate in the group activities without them. I recall that you and Jim had friends along on Bella 1.0, how did that work out?  

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Happy early birthday to your son in law.

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Gorgeous grandkids.  Gorgeous tree.  Sorry the birthday restaurant experience was awful.

25 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

+ 1  Mark  @h20skibum

Thank you all.  

Lots to get done in the next couple days, but things on the list are getting checked off.  We have a lot of things packed in large bags, that will go to the house with us after the first cruise.  Suitcases are laid out, and some packing is started.  Most everything has already been moved to a closet in the one bedroom we are using to pack.  At least the weather looks good for the drive.  

• Like 10

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

Thank you all.  

Lots to get done in the next couple days, but things on the list are getting checked off.  We have a lot of things packed in large bags, that will go to the house with us after the first cruise.  Suitcases are laid out, and some packing is started.  Most everything has already been moved to a closet in the one bedroom we are using to pack.  At least the weather looks good for the drive.  

I know I miss stuff on this thread.... where are you going?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I need to rant a bit. This, after all, is the thread about everything! 

I applied for Medicare Medigap Plan N.  I received a letter yesterday stating that based on my previous 2 year medical records I am in a higher premium group, premium rate not listed.  The problem is, they state my medical records show I was/am treated for "atrial fibrillation" which I never had!!  Jack is the one with afib and he and I both go to the same primary care doctor.  I can only think that Jack's records were sent in error to United Healthcare instead of mine.  I will call on Monday to try and straighten this out.  

I have some "minor" medical stuff coming up in 2024 and my out of pocket with my current insurance would be extensive compared to Medigap.

If this gets straightened out, I think the cut off date for open enrollment,  Dec. 7 would not apply.

As Trainman, a much beloved CC poster said many times, "growing old ain't for sissies"!  May he R.I.P.

I’m dreading turning 65. I barely understand my medical now. Through Medicare into the mix and I’m in trouble. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I know I miss stuff on this thread.... where are you going?

Three day drive to Florida, then an 8 night on Symphony to Aruba, Curaçao, and Labadee.  Then a beach house in Pompano Beach for the holidays, and our kids and grandkids will join us at the house.  Stopping at the Villages after the new year, to see how the swingers live, then to Port Canaveral for a short sailing on Allure.   

Looking forward to all of it.  Well, maybe not the swingers part.  Friends of ours bought a house in the Villages, and they wanted to show us around.  

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Luckynana I have a question for you Maryann.  Good friends of ours want to do an RCI cruise with us.  We cruised with them this past January on NCL.  It was their first cruise and they loved it but now want to give RCI a try.  They both still work and Jan/Feb is best for them to take time off.  Andy and I were thinking of asking them to come along on one of the Bella cruises.  Our friends really don’t drink and definitely wouldn’t enjoy hanging out at say the Schooner Bar.  With that in mind, we’re not sure if it would be awkward for us to participate in the group activities without them. I recall that you and Jim had friends along on Bella 1.0, how did that work out?  

Hey Deb.  I'm glad you asked.  We did our first B2B on the Oasis;  the first leg was with Carol and Andy and her daughter and granddaughter (who surprised the 4 of us!).  The second was our Bella cruise.  Jim and I did find it awkward.  We didn't want Carol and Andy to feel left out;  I don't know if you realized that when we were in the Schooner Bar, I'd go back and forth between you all sitting at the bar, and our friends sitting at the table.  Jim and I didn't go to the Diamond Lounge with you all, since they weren't yet Diamond, etc.   We are very close friends and do everything together, and I would never want to hurt them, but it did feel awkward.  I hope this helps you and Andy.❤️

• Like 5

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am older than you 😀

My point, exactly.

53 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Bonnie,  a girl in my First Grade Class was on the Howdy Doody Show and got to sit in the Peanut Gallery!😉

I'm impressed!  That must have been amazing.

17 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I’m dreading turning 65. I barely understand my medical now. Through Medicare into the mix and I’m in trouble. 

Dave, get an independent insurance agent that doesn't work for just one company.  By now, I'm a Medicare expert.  Ask me anything.

11 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Three day drive to Florida, then an 8 night on Symphony to Aruba, Curaçao, and Labadee.  Then a beach house in Pompano Beach for the holidays, and our kids and grandkids will join us at the house.  Stopping at the Villages after the new year, to see how the swingers live, then to Port Canaveral for a short sailing on Allure.   

Looking forward to all of it.  Well, maybe not the swingers part.  Friends of ours bought a house in the Villages, and they wanted to show us around.  

Your plans sound wonderful.  Enjoy every moment.

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Hey Deb.  I'm glad you asked.  We did our first B2B on the Oasis;  the first leg was with Carol and Andy and her daughter and granddaughter (who surprised the 4 of us!).  The second was our Bella cruise.  Jim and I did find it awkward.  We didn't want Carol and Andy to feel left out;  I don't know if you realized that when we were in the Schooner Bar, I'd go back and forth between you all sitting at the bar, and our friends sitting at the table.  Jim and I didn't go to the Diamond Lounge with you all, since they weren't yet Diamond, etc.   We are very close friends and do everything together, and I would never want to hurt them, but it did feel awkward.  I hope this helps you and Andy.❤️

Oh, Maryann, I wish I knew.  Jack and I don't drink (Jack never, me hardly) but we hung out at the Schooner Bar to be with the Bella gang.  I thoroughly enjoyed meeting Carol and Andy and would have loved going back and forth from their table to the Bella group at the bar.  Plus, we weren't Diamond so we never could attend Happy Hour.  Most nights I didn't have a seat when I wasn't drinking and I just about killed my ankle standing so much. 

@Momof3gurlz Deb, if your friends book Bella 02, please introduce us!  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you so much for confirming my initial thoughts!  We’ll figure out some other arrangement. Maybe them cruising with us the week before Bella 2.0 or 3.0, then Andy and I stay on for B2B.  

• Like 4

16 hours ago, NHProud said:

The gala pics for the world cruise are posted over at that other place. Laura looked fantastic.  Pax range in age from 2 to 87 . 

I spotted a couple in that photo who we shared a table on a cruise a few years ago. Gary keeps up with them on fb and we met them when they were in London 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, George C said:

That’s another reason we fly , while drinking doubles😁

we watched a interesting movie on Netflix yesterday “leave the world behind “ great cast , very suspenseful, weird ending.

We watched it too last night. Agree with you, great cast, full of suspense but strange unsatisfactory ending