Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

22 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I can’t speak for all but 🍻

I miss my days living in Buffalo when I could just drive across the Peace Bridge and pick up some Molson Brador or Labatt's Extra Stock at the nearest LCBO.  That stuff was so much better than the terrible US beer at the time.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

When is her surgery?

January 12th. We are working on post care plans. 

18 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I wish her the best and speedy recovery. Hugs.

Hopefully she will do better this go around. 

• Like 8

Just now, bobmacliberty said:

I miss my days living in Buffalo when I could just drive across the Peace Bridge and pick up some Molson Brador or Labatt's Extra Stock at the nearest LCBO.  That stuff was so much better than the terrible US beer at the time.

Thankfully there are better options now, even compared to 20 years ago. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My friend was supposed to have a hip replacement on the 14th.   Testing showed a problem so now she has to go for a catherization on the 22nd.  Naturally, they didn’t do hip replacement.

Oh no. I hope things are going as best as possible for her. 

31 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

To fans of Reacher.You can see the actor on Prime Above the Shadows.The film takes place in Brooklyn and Manhattan and was actually  filmed in both places.

I was surprised to learn that Alan Ritchson (who plays Reacher) was on the 3rd season of American Idol.  He made it to Hollywood and thru another couple of rounds before getting booted.  Here's his audition, when he was a lot younger (and smaller): 

• Like 3

@Sea Dog we chatted with a lady while waiting for X-rays who was in for her 1 year post surgery recovery. She had both her knees done last December. I shared your story and how you had puppy healing and she smiled. She went home to her 3 dogs after 2 weeks in hospital and was given all the love they had. She got RSV in hospital and they kept her until she had fully recovered.

• Like 6

On 12/17/2023 at 6:32 PM, HBE4 said:

After spending an extremely nostalgic weekend with old college friends - the same group of friends that I reconnected with & spent a long weekend at a lake side cabin in the Adirondacks this past summer - I'm of the mind set that new memories and experiences are far more important than "more things". I also help one of my old college buddies clean out his childhood home after his aging parents moved & downsized. Lots of "things" ended up on the curbside with a "Free" sign on them or in the dumpster.

I'd go with the cruise. And maybe not "just another Caribbean cruise"  but something with a unique itinerary. Or upgrade to highest class suite on the ship. Or a European cruise with a European side trip added in. Or Australia.

Yes, the lights are awesome but after a week, how much time are you going to spend outside looking at them?  Other than a handful of holidays, how much use are they going to get Jan - Sept?

Just my humble opinion.

Great post @HBE4  

I have more stuff than I know what to do with. I cherish the memories of family and friends. There’s no comparison.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

It went well.  We were there by 7:10 for the 7:30 apt. The process time was between 2-5 hours, and it took us 5, with extra time at the pharmacy to pick up some items for the surgery. The process included X-rays, blood work and meeting 4 different team members of the prep team at separate times. 

I’m beat though.  I feel asleep at 1am and the alarm went off at 5:50. 

Wishing your mom a successful hip surgery and recovery. I have been seeing a lot of hip replacements at my therapy. Moat people seem to so pretty well. I will be thinking of her and you. Get some rest.

30 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

@Sea Dog we chatted with a lady while waiting for X-rays who was in for her 1 year post surgery recovery. She had both her knees done last December. I shared your story and how you had puppy healing and she smiled. She went home to her 3 dogs after 2 weeks in hospital and was given all the love they had. She got RSV in hospital and they kept her until she had fully recovered.

Thanks for sharing. Yes it's amazing how dogs know when you are hurting and will comfort you. Now that I am doing better they go to the other end of the couch and lay on Linda.The fact that she has a heating blanket over her might make the difference for them abandoning me. 😉

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Yikes.  Apparently folks in one of the towns near me are getting around in kayaks. 

How awful for them!   It's got to be really horrible, especially since it's gotten so cold.  The wind is back here again.  Cold and blustery.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, everything is good at home, thanks.

Hope that is  fresh water.  I once had a car that got flooded by an overnight  rain cell. When I sent the car to be repaired he asked if it was salt water that it was in, i said just rain. I said what would salt be different..  He said they would total the car.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I was surprised to learn that Alan Ritchson (who plays Reacher) was on the 3rd season of American Idol.  He made it to Hollywood and thru another couple of rounds before getting booted.  Here's his audition, when he was a lot younger (and smaller): 

I saw that audition earlier today.He went to college on a music scholarship but dropped out .

We just came home from Ryan's Holiday Concert, which was phenomenal!  

So..we just pulled into the driveway, and...we've been "Flocked"!

My phone doesn't take very good pictures, but we've been Flocked by several Christmas flamingos.  (This was done as a fundraiser, where someone pays to "surprise" the homeowners). 

IMG_20231219_204417606.jpg

IMG_20231219_204356555.jpg

IMG_20231219_204329009.jpg

• Like 13