Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, doghog said:

The worst is LG. Lousy Garbage! 

Our LG refrigerator was the worst!!  We had the service guy back several times.    We absolutely love our Frigidaire that we have in N.J.

3 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

We've been watching the East Coast weather from here in Michigan.  We fly into Baltimore tomorrow and get on our ship on Saturday.  No idea if I should pack a winter coat or a rain coat???  😄

Safe travels tomorrow, Valerie.  Bon Voyage!🛳️  What ship will you be on?

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I have had the opposite experience on my Samsung phone, so I am with OB on this. I love my S21. Excellent pictures and no regrets. Absolutely no desire to move to Apple.

And, I have been meaning to say this: Welcome back to Florida. I read that you did not have a great drive down, but now you are here and toasting while NJ is freezing.

Thank you so much, Arzeena!  We are glad to be back!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m finally getting caught up after a busy week, well actually a few weeks including the holidays. I got all the Christmas decorations put away this week. Why does it seem to take twice as long to put them away as it does to bring them out and decorate? Different mindset, I guess.
We are on our second Samsung TV and have been pretty happy with both. The first one lasted nearly 10 years, we only replaced it for a bigger one when we moved to this house in 2017.  Our Samsung refrigerator is fine but has that mysterious ice maker issue, where it just randomly stops working.  Andy wanted the one with the electronics and computer screen, supposedly we’re going to watch TV on it or listen to music. We’ve had the fridge about 3 years now and neither of those things has happened.  We also have a Samsung dishwasher, it’s just okay.

Tomorrow morning we fly to Orlando to spend 3 nights at Walt Disney World.  Our daughters are running in the marathon Sunday morning, so we’re all going to show our support.  In actuality, only Cristina has a chance to finish as she’s the only one who’s actually trained for it.  Jessica will be at a very slow pace, mostly fast walking, due to her pregnancy.  Ali hasn’t really trained at all but she has completed half marathons before so she will also end up a combination of walking and running.  It sounded like a great idea many months ago when they registered, LOL.  

When we get home, I need to buckle down and figure what we’re doing next month prior to our two cruises. We’re on Allure 4 night, 2/26 then right onto Adventure 8 night, 3/1.  We want to spend several days before somewhere in FL and probably a few days after as well. We’re driving so we have plenty of flexibility.  
Safe travels to everyone flying or driving this weekend and Bon Voyage to those cruising!

Sounds like some great times coming up. Have fun in Orlando and your upcoming cruises.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Have a safe flight and a wonderful cruise. We leave on Sunday on the Wonder.  I wonder if our ships are in any port on the same day!

Where is your cruise taking you, Arzeena?

2 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

@Luckynana Glad you got your internet back Maryann!  

Thank you, Jen!  Me too!  Looking forward to having a drink with you and Dave on Beyond!🥂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

If you're looking for more Dad jokes to add to your dada base, try this YouTube channel.  He's also on Instagram here.

I also follow this Instagram account for daily+ dad jokes

image.thumb.png.8c01ee440bb83a87649bf0799609de74.png

That reminds me of Charles Dickens spice rack.  You know what was on it....... 

It was the best of tymes, it was the worst of tymes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Finally getting around to it to let y’all know.

IMG_3456.thumb.jpeg.1095b7e8bf7eb7bf2b2539685e2664b2.jpeg

DS1 is expecting their first 3/15/2024

IMG_6756.thumb.jpeg.e0e4e8441a96b9be2bf1c82a1c5316eb.jpeg DS2 is expecting their first also, 4/8/2024. They surprised us with this little onesie in the mail when we got back from our British Isles, Greenland/Iceland cruise in August.

DS1 is expecting a boy

DS2 is expecting a girl

Wow!!!!  Congratulations, Helen and Marty!  Such wonderful, exciting news for you both.  Are they going to be your first grandchildren?  They couldn't get better grandparents than you and Marty.  I am so happy for you both!  Best news ever!👣👣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Safe travels tomorrow, Valerie.  Bon Voyage!🛳️  What ship will you be on?

Thank you.  We are going on Vision of the Seas.  It’s an oldie but any cruise is a good cruise.  😁

• Like 8

2 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

IMG_6756.thumb.jpeg.e0e4e8441a96b9be2bf1c82a1c5316eb.jpeg DS2 is expecting their first also, 4/8/2024. They surprised us with this little onesie in the mail when we got back from our British Isles, Greenland/Iceland cruise in August.

DS1 is expecting a boy

DS2 is expecting a girl

Congratulations Helen & Marty!  I love the announcements, too.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

😆 That is going into my Dada base .  Love it! 

I try to hold back so I don't overwhelm.

You'll never overwhelm us, John!  Keep the dad jokes coming.  😁

• Like 2

@Momof3gurlz  Safe travels, Deb and Andy.  Enjoy cheering on the girls during their marathon at Disney.

Does the Allure still go out of Galveston? or has it moved back to Florida?  You've got a lot of busy traveling going on in the next 3 months.  Enjoy every bit of it!   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@Momof3gurlz  Safe travels, Deb and Andy.  Enjoy cheering on the girls during their marathon at Disney.

Does the Allure still go out of Galveston? or has it moved back to Florida?  You've got a lot of busy traveling going on in the next 3 months.  Enjoy every bit of it!   

Allure left Galveston in November and was replaced by Harmony 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Does the Allure still go out of Galveston? or has it moved back to Florida?

It is sailing out of Port Canaveral now.   Or, I hope it is, because we board her tomorrow morning.  

Yes, moving on to part 3 or 4 of our winter vacation. Normally wouldn’t consider such a short cruise, but since we were here, thought we would remedy this. 

IMG_0479.thumb.jpeg.970bcb9950906dc2291104fe14e01ff8.jpeg

D+ after this one.  Would have been there last year, but…..

Staying at the new Holiday inn Express at Port Canaveral tonight.  This is a nice hotel, so I ended up booking it for our August cruise and canceling our other hotel. 

It is a little cool here. 

IMG_0478.thumb.jpeg.d5b98d8bfbd9170171de6e12bf26f8f8.jpeg

Dinner tonight was at Fishlips. 

Tropical heat wave

IMG_0472.thumb.jpeg.dfed207bb502919a25d02e7a484c8afe.jpeg

Spinach artichoke dip, which was not quite what we expected. (Sorry, but a couple bites gone before I took the picture. 

IMG_0473.thumb.jpeg.c7a76fa6f1683b9620f84ab8e392b78a.jpeg

The shrimp po boy was good. 

IMG_0474.thumb.jpeg.40740d74536be44ae8105f3f96ce2296.jpeg

10:30 am boarding time in the morning. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

On 1/2/2024 at 2:08 PM, cruiselvr04 said:

We have one of those plans where they come out for a service charge and fix the appliance for free.  It’s been great a couple of times for the air conditioner units.  I asked the guy when he fixed my temp control on my oven which appliances he has less calls on.  He says Whirlpool is best.  LG, Samsung and Kitchen aide he works a lot on.  Of course I have builder grade LG.

Just kind of waiting for the dishwasher to go out as it’s been 11 years.  My washer and dryer are probably about 20 years old.  DH wanted to get me fancy new ones but I said no.  We will wait until they die and then I’m still getting basic stuff. I have a 40 year old freezer in garage that just keeps going.  My fridge is fancier but that’s the only thing I think is worth it. I have never used my convection oven setting but do use the warming drawer.

It’s always something. I have a friend with a new Bosch that she’s had nothing but trouble with.  You can also get a lemon.  

So true. My younger daughter bought a gorgeous refrigerator freezer. I have a basic no ice maker model, btw. She came home from work last year, and her 7 year old ran screaming, “it snowed in here”. Evidently the ice maker went bezerk, and when the ice no longer fit in the freezer it began pouring out ice via the dispenser. All day. 

• Haha 11

4 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

DS1 is expecting a boy

DS2 is expecting a girl

Congratulations what an exciting time with 2 on the way.

As for dad jokes we had the early version over the holidays, GD has a joke book and both kids were non stop joke and knock knocks.  Some really good ones but oh some that make you scratch your head.  All in all lots of fun.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am little unsure/nervous about staying at my Boss's house and boat - we have known each for years and we all get along great but it will be a bit odd or different to stay with them.   This is in lieu of our 11 night Anthem sailing that we had booked for 1/18 but cancelled due to Yeshiva week.   

I can see how that would feel weird but sounds like the accommodations will be nice!  We leave for San Juan on 1/18.  Hopefully Yeshiva week isn’t an issue cuz i’m going regardless lol 😂 

• Like 3

We have a Samsung refrigerator, a kitchen aid dishwasher, a hot point freezer, an LG basic refrigerator and on big tv is a Sony.  So far we are happy with them, although the Samsung did have the no ice problem.  It needed some part.  

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I can see how that would feel weird but sounds like the accommodations will be nice!  We leave for San Juan on 1/18.  Hopefully Yeshiva week isn’t an issue cuz i’m going regardless lol 😂 

I believe the Yeshiva week was only being acknowledged on just a 2 or 3 ships.   Anthem is one of them since our cruise was leaving out of Bayonne which has a lot of NJ/NY Yeshiva schools that will be closed for their mid winter break.   

It was a tough decision to cancel since we love cruising in Jan/Feb to get away from the cold and relax after all the busy holiday activities so as soon as my Boss said just come down to our place and we'll go out on the boat that helped with our decision.

I am sure you will fine with a sailing out of SJ.    I wish you safe travels and a great cruise with perfect weather☺️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Starting here Saturday night. 5-8 inches are expected. If I just move 30-45 minutes south, to the other side of the rain/snow line (nearer to the coast), it would only be a slushy coating to 2 inches.

I guess I should knock the cobwebs off the snow blower, chase away any mice that might be living inside it & add some fresh gas to the year old stale gas and spend the next 1-2 hour trying to start it while black smoke bellows out.  All the while cursing my life's choices and insisting that next year I'll do things the right way. 😄 

Having an electric start does make it easier as long as I don't burn it out.

Delaware county where my daughter has a home expect 6 to 12 inches.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Saw the movie "The Iron Claw" last night. A true story about the Von Erich wrestling family - Dad & 4 sons, set in 1980's Texas.  I've never heard of them but apparently they are very famous in the wrestling world. It's not really a wrestling sport movie but more of a story of how the 4 brothers interact with each other & their Dad. My friend told me not to look anything up about the family before watching the movie & I'm glad I didn't as it would spoil the full impact.

In 1994 I was a volunteer four the Make A Wish Foundation.They were having a sports auction fundraiser and I was in charge of getting current and former athletes to attend.A guy who spent his entire career as a Met asked for $7500 to appear.A guy who spent the majority of his career with the Mets asked for $7000 .No other athlete asked to be paid and all were pleased to volunteer their time.A “pro”. Wrestler heard about the event and attended with 9;other wrestlers.The event was scheduled for 11 to 4 .The Wrestlers showed up at 6 AM ,helped set up,spent a lot of time with the kids and were the last to leave .They were extremely nice people.

• Like 9