Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@lenquixote66 you were complaining recently about movies that are located in one place but actually filmed in a completely different location.  Last night, I watched The Proposal - set in Sitka, Alaska but actually filmed in Rockport, Massachusetts.  Beautiful scenery nonetheless.

That is a fun movie. I did not realize that it was filmed in Massachusetts.

• Like 1

DD’s resort in BC was closed to all outdoor activities yesterday due to the extreme cold temperatures.  

Seeing the photos & videos  of the icebergs & whales from the WC cruise in Antarctica is amazing.  Putting Antarctica back in my bucket list…

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Winter sucks.

Yes. Mom is now out of PACU but not in her room. Once she is I can head to the hospital.  It is about 15 minutes away.

The snow has really started here now. The roads are white. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 8

7 hours ago, RobInMN said:

pretty sure they will be told to go to 2 different elevators. One will go to 10 and the other 5. 

But if you're on 7 and want to go down 2 flights to 5, take the stairs 😉 

What will be interesting to see is how it handles a mass of people wanting to go to basically all the floors, especially if there's a mass of people on multiple floors (like 4, 5, & 6 post-show). If you're on 4, and people want to go to 9, 10, & 11, would they all be directed to the same elevator and that will stop on 9 then 10, then 11? or if people on 4, 5 want to go to 9 & 10, will it start on 4, then stop at 5, then go to 9? or is it always a direct A to B thing?

Oh I cannot wait to read about this confusion on future threads 😁

I wonder how people with wheelchairs, scooters, etc. Will handle this.

• Like 1

Weekend football should be interesting KC host Miami and will be zero degrees with wind chill -40. (Need peacock to watch the game)

If you want a part time job Buffalo will pay 20 a hour to shovel snow from stadium 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DD’s resort in BC was closed to all outdoor activities yesterday due to the extreme cold temperatures.  

Seeing the photos & videos  of the icebergs & whales from the WC cruise in Antarctica is amazing.  Putting Antarctica back in my bucket list…

The videos and photos being posted in ‘that other place’ are amazing. 

22 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

For my New England friends,  hopefully not to edgy.😉

FB_IMG_1702249382976.thumb.jpg.f6d32fd76166304a6f84b76937751f6f.jpg

Pretty spot on! (from the land of the criminals)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yes. Mom is now out of PACU but not in her room. Once she is I can head to the hospital.  It is about 15 minutes away.

The snow has really started here now. The roads are white. 

Wishing her a speedy recovery!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Everyone presses the floor they want to go.  No down or up buttons.  Each deck pressed will list the elevator that will take you to the floor you pressed.  Could be the same elevator, could be  different ones.  

I have to take look & see it in action.  Seems like it might eliminate on of my pet elevator peeves, where the first person in presses the button and then just stands there, blocking both entry to elevator & the buttons. 

However, it could be replaced by another potential pet peeve whereby I'm on one side of the elevator bank & my elevator arrives on the other side, will I have time to fight the crowds to get to it?  Like I said, I need to see it in Matts place as well as real life action before speculating too much.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Sea Dog hey Greg, hope things are okay with you and Linda.  How’s her recovery and PT going?

We are doing pretty good. Both a therapy at the same time. Linda’s doing great not much pain. I have had some setbacks in my degree of bend. Today was a first as they did dry needling a form of acupuncture to stimulate healing and hopefully loosen up my muscles. I took a pic.

IMG_4037.thumb.jpeg.93f4293ff4a70719da1e58808169b280.jpeg

• Like 15

12 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

up 

I have to take look & see it in action.  Seems like it might eliminate on of my pet elevator peeves, where the first person in presses the button and then just stands there, blocking both entry to elevator & the buttons. 

However, it could be replaced by another potential pet peeve whereby I'm on one side of the elevator bank & my elevator arrives on the other side, will I have time to fight the crowds to get to it?  Like I said, I need to see it in Matts place as well as real life action before speculating too much.

Matt showed how it works but it was just him waiting and entering an elevator.  I wonder how it will work when hundreds exit the showroom to get to higher decks.

I was actually told (forgot who gave me that tidbit) that when you press an elevator button only one elevator responds which could be why I've seen non-crowded elevators pass my floor without stopping, going in the direction I need to go.

Time to heat up dinner I made earlier today.  Salisbury Steak with onion/mushroom gravy and mashed potatoes.  Ultimate comfort food!

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We are doing pretty good. Both a therapy at the same time. Linda’s doing great not much pain. I have had some setbacks in my degree of bend. Today was a first as they did dry needling a form of acupuncture to stimulate healing and hopefully loosen up my muscles. I took a pic.

IMG_4037.thumb.jpeg.93f4293ff4a70719da1e58808169b280.jpeg

I don't really "like" your post knowing you're having a bending setback.  Do those needles hurt?  Sure hope it helps!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, George C said:

Weekend football should be interesting KC host Miami and will be zero degrees with wind chill -40. (Need peacock to watch the game)

If you want a part time job Buffalo will pay 20 a hour to shovel snow from stadium 

Tip for those without Peacock subscription wanting to watch KC/Miami game. …

Amex has an offer that will give $5.99/mo back for up to 3 months so you can subscribe for only the taxes and cancel after that.  It comes to $6.35 after tax.  I know it’s only a couple bucks but hey dollar saved is a dollar earned.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2024 at 6:32 PM, Lionesss said:

My crazy life has given me so little time to read my favorite threads. Namely Dani’s here. 

I usually go here 2-3 times a week. 

Little Miss Zoey keeps me busy. 
She is just a tad over one year old and naps are few and far an occurrence. 

Me being the entertainment committee have had to raise my daily activities to avoid boredom and keep her learning. 

Our days center around. 

1.  Going to one store and show and tell.  Anything from fruit and vegetables (colorful) items to just walking and taking in the sights. 
2. Quick visit either mom or dad at work. 
3.  One -two hours of TV. ( usually sponge bob or Miss Rachel). 
4. Help me clean kitchen, pick up toys and start supper. ( she watches). 
5.  Story time. I read picture books. She now pays closer attention and stops trying to eat the pages. 

BUT:

The greatest accomplishment is she now has made the connection to asking for what she wants with sign language. 

Zoey is not deaf. But I read an article that our children in this upcoming world should know a second language. 
We googled some of the languages that had a need of high demand. 
They were

Mandarin

Chinese

Spanish

Arabic 

Sign language 

Well her mom had 4 years of Spanish (8-11 grade). So that was covered. And signing was something I wanted to learn. 

So I use you tube and flash cards and we are both learning. 
Then we saw that the TV show Miss Rachel does some signing. It was great to find and an excellent reinforcement. I could not believe it. 

So. Tuesday as I was reading “Chunky Monkey “ she starts holding up her hand and signed “milk”. 
I go do you want milk??

She goes again the sign. 

I get her 2 ounces just to see if she would ask for more. 

She drank the 2 ounces. And I asked her if she wants more. She did nothing. 

So I signed the more hand signal and she just watched. She made a good attempt and then did the milk sign. 

Oh. She knows and speaks words 

mama

dada

dog

bad

NO

BYE 

to name a few. 

They grow to fast. 
I am so happy I am a part of her life and want to make it meaningful for her and keep me young. 

Stay warm. 
Be safe. 

Wait till she says SLOTS...lol

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I don't really "like" your post knowing you're having a bending setback.  Do those needles hurt?  Sure hope it helps!

I went through something similar with my first knee replacement. You make progress hit a plateau and then get stuck. My therapist doesn’t seem to be worried. I have been pretty active at home trying to take down Christmas decorations so today I was already tired and sore. The needling surprisingly does not hurt but I could feel some nerves twitching. They said I might be sore tomorrow but in a few days feel some improvement.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh I cannot wait to read about this confusion on future threads 😁

I wonder how people with wheelchairs, scooters, etc. Will handle this.

I am renting a wheelchair on Icon. After watching videos and checking out deck plans, to me the elevator setup appears it will be better then other ships.  There are two main sections of elevators, a group of 10 and a group of 12.

Ten.thumb.jpg.78cc33d702a24219db0ed50770e246be.jpg

Twelve.thumb.jpg.876d8ad852ce704642f9dcaff00ace2c.jpg

You will pick your deck and it will tell you what door to go to.  I can see where the 1st day could be challenging the 1st few hours but it's like that on all ships.  Also disembarking.

Speaking of getting around on a scooter or wheelchair,  it looks like Hideaway Beach on Coco Cay is a no go.  I watched the video of the Icon crew going there.  I didn't see anywhere you could ride without getting stuck in sand.

I am guessing it was so loud and crowded because it was a crew party.  If the environment was always like that I don't see many of us here wanting to go.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

The videos and photos being posted in ‘that other place’ are amazing. 

Pretty spot on! (from the land of the criminals)

And everyone of us who live here knows it's the truth. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Currently wearing a stress fracture boot.  😎

Oh no!  I hope you're not hurting too much!

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just waiting from my mom to get moved to a room post surgery recovery.  Her second hip is done and the surgeon said it went well. 

Great news, Andrew!  I hope she has a speedy recovery.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Winter sucks.

True story!!!!

• Like 3