Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Crazy Weather, watching the weather channel......Tornado Warning in Miami, Florida

The storm should be there in the next 10 minutes.

https://www.portmiamiwebcam.com/

Look at the heavy traffic going into the port!!

Looks like 7 ships presently in port right now.

Can't see a single thing right now on the cam, all the ships have disappeared!!

at 11:21am  Eastern Time  Complete White Out!!

Just checked Miami webcam and all sunny now.     Storms sure can pop up and move thru quickly in FL just like the islands.    

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Good morning!  We finally had two great, sunny pool days on both Friday and Saturday.  This morning, we pulled our hurricane shutters down while the rain pounded our area, along with a Tornado watch.  All is good now, we're just expecting rain for the rest of today, as well as tomorrow.  In all of our years since coming here (since 2001), we have never had as much rain and cool to cold weather in the month of January as we've experienced this year.  Again,  I'm not complaining...we'd much rather be here for the Winter as opposed to being back up North.

My Boss and his Wife are saying the same thing.    They live in Cape Coral and Wife loves to take the dogs for walks to the beach, etc. while her DH (my boss) works remotely.     She said she has hardly made it to the beach.   It's either too cold, windy or raining.     

My Boss is flying up here today to stay for unknown amount of time.   Very sad to say his Brother that has been fighting pancreatic cancer for approx. 3 years.   He had been in remission for a while but has taken a fast downhill spiral in the last couple of weeks as the cancer metastasized to his Liver and Bones.    He was in excrutiating pain and went to the ER earlier in the week and they found tumors in his Spine and Neck and his stomach was distended with fluids.     He is signed up for at home hospice on Thursday and unsure how much longer he has.   Saying prayers he passes with no pain and at peace.   🙏

• Like 12

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I honestly don't know why I like to torture myself. My legs still feel numb. They aren't adjusting to the water temp. It's freezing. 🥶  It's not crowded like it usually is. I'm sure the weather is keeping people out. At least I'm getting to use some of my Icon swag. To top it off I had to order a frozen drink. The waterproof bag works. I didn't trust it with my phone, so I only put some tip money in it.

I feel your pain - sorry you are suffering.     Hope OB is having a Perfect Day for his first official visit to CocoCay😍

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

@dani negreanu  Oh, Dani.  I don’t know what to say.  I’m a glass half full type who always likes to look on the bright side but I can’t think of anything to do or say in this case.  Just take comfort from knowing we are all constantly thinking about you and your family.

Thanks, Marian.

I was so sorry to read you'll not be on Bella2. Was really hoping to meet you 😘.

Not that right now I know what will become of us one year from now....

7 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Dani, ❤️

Marietta 💕

6 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Debbi prayers for your boss’s family.

@Sunshine3601    +1, such an awful disease 😢

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My Boss and his Wife are saying the same thing.    They live in Cape Coral and Wife loves to take the dogs for walks to the beach, etc. while her DH (my boss) works remotely.     She said she has hardly made it to the beach.   It's either too cold, windy or raining.     

My Boss is flying up here today to stay for unknown amount of time.   Very sad to say his Brother that has been fighting pancreatic cancer for approx. 3 years.   He had been in remission for a while but has taken a fast downhill spiral in the last couple of weeks as the cancer metastasized to his Liver and Bones.    He was in excrutiating pain and went to the ER earlier in the week and they found tumors in his Spine and Neck and his stomach was distended with fluids.     He is signed up for at home hospice on Thursday and unsure how much longer he has.   Saying prayers he passes with no pain and at peace.   🙏

I am very sorry to hear that. Prayers for his peace.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Deb.

Physically we're OK.

Our souls -- not so much.

Dire situation..... no end in the foreseeable future to this futile war 😢.

Dani, sending my prayers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Today we are dealing with a clogged shower drain.    It had been slow the last couple of days and I had put some baking soda and vinegar in the drain yesterday hoping that would help but Nope.   Today the shower floor overflowed into the bathroom floor while I was showering and we had a "rain shower" in the basement.    Thankful our master bedroom/bathroom is on the first floor and we don't have to deal with any leakage from a 2nd floor bathroom.    We have extra ceiling tile for the basement we can pop in after everything is dried.

Eric went out and bought a drum auger and is going to try now.  If that doesn't work we will call a plumber tomorrow.    Homeownership is always fun!

Ugh.  So frustrating to have plumbing problems.   Hope it resolves quickly for you.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Deb.

Physically we're OK.

I am glad that you are physically ok but so sad about all the rest.  I wish it could change tomorrow for you.  Sending thoughts, prayers and hugs.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Deb.

Physically we're OK.

So Sorry to hear this.🙏❤️   Can you spend some time with your family in Amsterdam?   Any future travel plans or cruises booked.    That would help heal your soul.    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I think it’s a joke, but also an invitation.  

I guess we have to wait to see what color loofa they hang on their door handle. The following is the golf cart loofa guide. 

IMG_3363.thumb.jpeg.04e706b960fa253d8ec7db8e1dfccd22.jpeg

I had to go check.   I currently have a Teal loofa (OH NO! - Don't tell Eric)

• Haha 8

7 hours ago, Keksie said:

Meet Kelly (as in Clarkson).  She showed up on the back porch, starving yesterday morning.  I will call the vet tomorrow morning and get her in for a complete check up asap.  

20240203_073545.thumb.jpg.4d75eb7bcf770e9851a18ca6fef8215a.jpg

Oh my, Kelly is precious.  What do your other kitties think of her?

• Like 5

Thanks, Deb.

Physically we're OK.

Dani, I’m so very sorry you’re living with this every day. It has to color everything you do. 
I’m just glad you’re not physically impacted, but mental and emotional exhaustion has to be hard to live with. 
You have friends here who are praying for this and the other hot spots to come to a peaceful conclusion. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@akcruz great pictures April, especially that sunset shot. You’re trip sound a lot like what Andy and I do every year between February & March.  We drive down to FL visiting several different spots spending 2-4 days in each one.  Then since we’re already in FL, it only makes sense to add in some form of cruise 🙂.  Do you have any favorite areas you’ve stayed? I’m always looking for suggestions for future trips.  

Our 2 favorites this trip were Siesta Key and Amelia Island.  One thing we realized is that many of the areas close to the beaches look the same and very similar to the tourists areas here.  

Hadn't been to the Sarasota, or west coast FL in 34 years wow has it grown.  Took a ride to Lido Key, where we had stayed last time and it was so much more developed.  Siesta Key is much more relaxed, although still busy, few hotels/motels.  We stayed in a "condo" walking distance to shops, restaurants and the beach.  

Two years ago we had spent 1 night on Amelia Island and enjoyed so wanted to go back and stay longer.  The sunset pic is from the Salty Pelican there.

As I think I mentioned before we had been hoping for warmer weather but at least it didn't rain.  Many days were very breezy with temps in the 60s.  It was in the 20s here in SC when we left, warming up to the 40s.  

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

@akcruz I'm also interested in what you liked most about your trip.  We're still relative newcomers to Florida and are always looking for someplace that we can visit for a long weekend.  

As above I think you already know 1 of our stops pretty well.  If you haven't been try Patios Restaurant in Fernandinda Beach, neat little restaurant.

Our other stops, besides above, were Cape Canaveral, Jupiter and Fort Lauderdale by car.  All ok but nothing to rush back to,  visited friends in both spots.

We stopped in Key West on the cruise, this is the city that started the whole trip, very pricey to stay, the 4 night cruise was less than 2 nights in a hotel there.  We had not been in almost 15 years when we spent a week, still an interesting spot but more commercialized than it was before, kinda sad.

6 hours ago, Keksie said:

If you are ever in the Panhandle visit Pensacola.  There is Fort Pickens, Pensacola Beach, downtown Pensacola, Fort Barrancas and the naval air museum located within NAS Pensacola.  Close  by is the Blackwater River park system and Navarre Beach.  Big fun!

Thanks for the recommendations will add for another trip.  We try to go south this time of year for at least a week.  Next year should be Bella2 but may add before or after.

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Good morning!  We finally had two great, sunny pool days on both Friday and Saturday.  This morning, we pulled our hurricane shutters down while the rain pounded our area, along with a Tornado watch.  All is good now, we're just expecting rain for the rest of today, as well as tomorrow.  In all of our years since coming here (since 2001), we have never had as much rain and cool to cold weather in the month of January as we've experienced this year.  Again,  I'm not complaining...we'd much rather be here for the Winter as opposed to being back up North.

Agree, happy it's not snow here but ready for my warmer weather. We usually have a few cold rainy weeks between Dec and Jan but it just seems constant this year.

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Ugh.  So frustrating to have plumbing problems.   Hope it resolves quickly for you.

Thank you.     Fingers and tossed crossed.  Eric was able to get a glob of hair out of the drain with the auger/snake and everything seems to be flowing okay.     As an extra precaution I put more baking soda and vinegar down the drain to soak overnight.     The true test will be shower time tomorrow morning before I leave for work.   

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, derorim said:

Oh my, Kelly is precious.  What do your other kitties think of her?

They are not impressed.  Some hissing, a couple of swats but mostly ignoring her.  I think once she gets some food and gets stronger babe will start to play with them.  Right now she mostly wants to cuddle with me.

• Like 14

Thanks, Deb.

Physically we're OK.

I liked your post but really don't like it.  Allow us here are thinking of you, terrible situation ☹️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Keksie said:

They are not impressed.  Some hissing, a couple of swats but mostly ignoring her.  I think once she gets some food and gets stronger babe will start to play with them.  Right now she mostly wants to cuddle with me.

I am sure she has gone thru a scary ordeal being lost and hungry.  She was meant to find you. 💖

I find it usually takes a good week or two before other cats start to accept a new kitty.     

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1