Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just now, Jimbo said:

He was born in Hoboken, NJ, he will always be a NJ/New Yorker to most people.

Yes and his song “New York, New York” is his trademark. But the history of Vegas has a firm footprint of Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr. and others.

• Like 9

All I can say Usher sure can dance, don't think we needed those woman on the poles though.

Wonder if that band they had was some nearby college band because they were really good too.

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Yes just saw her  on CBS Sports. Then I  Think I saw her with Blake Lively. BTW she was looking much better then Taylor.😎

Don’t understand the big deal myself.  She’s no Beyoncé……

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I'm with you about how the house seems so empty & lifeless. Same here. I normally keep Christmas up until mid-to-end of January so this is really only 2 week longer.  Just finished taking everything down & boxed up, ready to go into the attic tomorrow. 

I'm recording all things Super Bowl so now, at 8:00 pm ET. I'll start watching beginning with the pre-game show.  I'm not much of a football fan & I have no feelings good or bad towards either team so I'll be fast forwarding a lot, basically watching commercials & the halftime show. If the game is close, I'll watch the last half. That way if there is any life-changing controversial calls/plays, I can join in on the Monday morning debates.😄😉

The last time I watched an entire Superbowl game in real time was 2007.My wife and I and a friend and his wife went to AC for the weekend .

I watched the first half tonight .

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 3:30 PM, A&L_Ont said:

He has been. He’s an amazing kid and he knows how lucky he is.

He works hard at school, sports and is respectful of us and others.  This semester he is doing work co-op for two classes in the afternoon and he is working at a public school with DE kids. Summer job to come, so with him driving to sports, co-op and school saves us a lot of time. He also knows we also get to drive it when ever we want, and it has to be clean and cared for. 

He just left for the hockey game now, dressed in his suit. He’s going to drive grandma home after to have dinner at our house. 

IMG_3633.thumb.jpeg.748b27521a71646c0d1ed548ef555f14.jpeg

Nice wheels!  The smile says it all. 😀

From reading your reviews over the years I can say watching him grow over the years that you and Lisa have done a fantastic job at raising a very respectable young man and he deserves it.   Congratulations to Owen  on his many achievements and of course the new wheels. 

• Like 2

amazing how few penalities in this game 

edit: turning into a nail-biter

Greenlaw is a achillies injury, probably done until late next year.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

49ers coach didn't play it like the Detroit Lions coach.

You can't just take that field goal in overtime, down that close you have to go for the touchdown and end the game and not put the ball back in Mahomes hands again.

You just know after the game the 49ers coach is going to take the blame for the lost. Showed no faith in his teams offense.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

49ers coach didn't play it like the Detroit Lions coach.

You can't just take that field goal in overtime, down that close you have to go for the touchdown and end the game and not put the ball back in Mahomes hands again.

You just know after the game the 49ers coach is going to take the blame for the lost. Showed no faith in his teams offense.

Even if they had scored a TD the Chiefs would have had a shot to tie before it became sudden death.

New playoff OT rules are each team gets a shot at scoring. THEN if it is still tied it goes to sudden death.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Flightradar24 is a good app to see what is over your house now.  You can click on the plane or helicopter and see what it is and its flight path.  We have a lot of med flights that go over our house on the way to a major trauma center near us.

Yeap that's the one Gary has. He loves sitting out in the garden on a sunny day giving a running commentary on who's flying overhead 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Even if they had scored a TD the Chiefs would have had a shot to tie before it became sudden death.

New playoff OT rules are each team gets a shot at scoring. THEN if it is still tied it goes to sudden death.

That's weird, if that was the case then the 49ers should have deferred and took the ball second in overtime since they did win the coin toss.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes and his song “New York, New York” is his trademark. But the history of Vegas has a firm footprint of Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr. and others.

Congratulations Sea Dog on Chiefs back to back Super Bowl wins , my prediction of Chiefs winning 27- 20 was pretty close , won two squares at the Super Bowl party .

As for Sinatra I was had seats at table behind his wife’s at Ceasar Place, but best seat I ever had was about 1980 in Carnegie hall , also saw him several other times including his come back in Madison square garden and also in Dallas with Sammy Davis and Liza Menilli .

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Listened to the final 3 minutes of the game on the drive home and heard it being tied up. Got to watch the end of the game at home. Just made it, but so worth it. 

Very exciting game , definitely one of the best.

• Like 4

Congrats to the KC Chiefs on the win and I know @Sea Dog is very happy tonight.

Jack and I aren't football fans but we kept the tv on just...because.  

Very exciting win.  SF had it in their grasp until..........

Reba did a great job on our anthem.

Although Usher is very talented, I didn't much care for halftime but wished Alicia Keys was on longer.

Media was well trained on the long congratulatory hug OB's dear friend gave her bf.

@lenquixote66 Lenny, does your granddog write or talk?  How does he make predictions? 🤔

• Like 8

I don’t know how many more Super Bowl games I can take. I was in a bad mood till the very end. I will say this to the haters.

NFL! "You can doubt the Chiefs. You can dislike the Chiefs. You can disrespect the Chiefs. You’re gonna have to deal with the Chiefs!"

Mitch Holthus, 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I don’t know how many more Super Bowl games I can take. I was in a bad mood till the very end. I will say this to the haters.

NFL! "You can doubt the Chiefs. You can dislike the Chiefs. You can disrespect the Chiefs. You’re gonna have to deal with the Chiefs!"

Mitch Holthus, 

My wife as a lifelong Bills fan hates chiefs like she previously hated them he patriots, I respect them and believe Bills will conquer them soon. Both teams have a exciting Quarterback which is fun to follow.

• Like 1