Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I can already see better. He said this morning I already have 20 20 vision. My eyes are still dilated is why it's a little blurry. He put in some eye drops idk if to fix the dilation he said might last until tomorrow. He was pleased and declared it a success and smiling. 

I asked what he meant by good thing we caught it before the cataract hardened and he said that the recovery takes a little longer then. He thinks is by tomorrow I'll be 100%. I'm so hungry. I had to fast all day long yesterday. Today I'm hungry all day. 

That's Great News😊   congratulations on a successful surgery🌷

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mo&fran said:

The point of my post was that after the points system changed for both cruise lines, that the more expensive rooms accumulated points much faster on X than on RC.  We first  cruised on Celebrity Horizon and we had the presential suite, 1 point.  then we did the next 4 cruises that were TA's in a Sky Suite. 3 points.  One point for the cruise, one point for the suite, and one for the longer cruise.  I would have become Elite much faster when they changed their loyalty system because the took into account your stateroom.

Not to worry, we took or Elite status, got diamond, cruised a lot, and we are Pinnacle now on RCI.  The point was, that after the change, it applied to ever day that you cruised, instead of just one point regardless of how long the cruise was.

Celebrity Horizon was our first.

• Like 2

I was very, very tempted but Bill said no more vacations (again) until we move. We had a termite inspection on Friday and received the bid today. Only $1400 for the treatment, but $16,000 for the wood repairs.  So nope. We are going to have to wait again. 🙄☺️

All of those wonderful vacations resulted in a lot of deferred maintenance. ☺️

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4

On 3/18/2024 at 4:35 PM, akcruz said:

As most of you heard we had a family wedding this weekend, DHs sisters son, back in NJ.  Oh my what an event.  Beautiful venue in the mountains, activities galore and only a tad over 200 guests.  Will add a few pics below.

Unfortunately the weekend was one of emotional highs and lows as his younger sister, not the one who's son was getting married, passed away on Friday morning.  Needless to say put a cloud over the wedding for the few of us that knew, kept it quiet for bride and groom's sake until yesterday.  Think we are all still in shock, she went to bed Thursday night and didn't wake up Friday, a young 59 with no known health issues.

Keep those you love close, nobody knows what tomorrow brings.

Now for the fun stuff

The venue

20240316_151748.thumb.jpg.5147445ed687768e788596abeb49c936.jpg

The ceremony, sun was setting behind them

20240316_1729182.thumb.jpg.48e57a46b35d7c60c422b2993320b1c1.jpg

Jim with his mother

image.thumb.jpg.4d76c8b6acc52d51803062c3e08828fa.jpg

The late night after party venue.  Got my green toes in there

20240316_231929.thumb.jpg.0de1b18c9bfddd3be8e936ab967f1b0b.jpg

One of the professional photos

FB_IMG_1710710806636.thumb.jpg.cfd77bae205f7d9adc4617085bfc1b9b.jpg

Happy Wedding Day to the Happy Couple 💞

But so sorry to hear about your sister in law. What a shock and so young 😥

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I can already see better. He said this morning I already have 20 20 vision. My eyes are still dilated is why it's a little blurry. He put in some eye drops idk if to fix the dilation he said might last until tomorrow. He was pleased and declared it a success and smiling. 

I asked what he meant by good thing we caught it before the cataract hardened and he said that the recovery takes a little longer then. He thinks is by tomorrow I'll be 100%. I'm so hungry. I had to fast all day long yesterday. Today I'm hungry all day. 

Happy for you it's such a success, nice to get it out of the way before you move 😊 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Greg, this is starting to look like Bella 3.75 😂!

Deb, I believe you were on Edge class not long ago.  Do you (or anyone else) have any recommendations for selecting a deck and cabin location on Ascent?

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Triple hmmmm 🤔 

Been wanting to go to JVD.

Hmm x 4.

Would love some more info on this please. No drinks no wifi required. Just cruise. I am also looking at the Nov 2025 one. Also have a future cruise certificate. And will be on the Beyond in May.

• Like 1

So I decided to check out the "Bella 3.75" cruise on the Celebrity web site.  I'd heard about the infinite veranda cabins (some good, some bad) but figured that I'd opt for a regular balcony.  Other than a few aft balconies and a few porthole balconies, it looks like that doesn't exist.  I like being on the balcony for morning coffee, for an afternoon cocktail while Micheline is getting ready for dinner, watching sunrise/sunset, looking at the stars, etc.  In short, I spend a fair amount of time out there.  The biggest knock on the infinite veranda cabin seems to be that the AC shuts off when the veranda window is lowered.  In humid areas like the Caribbean, the room quickly gets warm and humid.  I think I'd end up using it as a floor to ceiling window rather than as an open balcony for that reason.  Not ideal.

I know that this has been discussed ad infinitum on the Celebrity board but I'm looking for some quick input from those here who have experienced an infinite veranda cabin.  I guess the Retreat is an option but for Retreat pricing, we'd probably do a land trip somewhere or try one of the luxury lines.  The Bella 3.75 trip looks appealing to meet and cruise with some of you on a good itinerary, at reasonable group pricing (that's not available for suites).  Am I being overly concerned with the infinite veranda?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Double hmmmmmmmm.....

Been interested in trying Celebrity.

2 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Triple hmmmm 🤔 

Been wanting to go to JVD.

35 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Hmm x 4.

Would love some more info on this please. No drinks no wifi required. Just cruise. I am also looking at the Nov 2025 one. Also have a future cruise certificate. And will be on the Beyond in May.

March 27, 2026 Celebrity Ascent 10 Day Ultimate Southern Caribbean 

IMG_4231.thumb.png.35c497b0a6e6a1c8478323cc940fe7ad.png

IMG_4232.thumb.jpeg.755347f97657f1741e0dce88bd5a2926.jpeg

16 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

So I decided to check out the "Bella 3.75" cruise on the Celebrity web site.  I'd heard about the infinite veranda cabins (some good, some bad) but figured that I'd opt for a regular balcony.  Other than a few aft balconies and a few porthole balconies, it looks like that doesn't exist.  I like being on the balcony for morning coffee, for an afternoon cocktail while Micheline is getting ready for dinner, watching sunrise/sunset, looking at the stars, etc.  In short, I spend a fair amount of time out there.  The biggest knock on the infinite veranda cabin seems to be that the AC shuts off when the veranda window is lowered.  In humid areas like the Caribbean, the room quickly gets warm and humid.  I think I'd end up using it as a floor to ceiling window rather than as an open balcony for that reason.  Not ideal.

I know that this has been discussed ad infinitum on the Celebrity board but I'm looking for some quick input from those here who have experienced an infinite veranda cabin.  I guess the Retreat is an option but for Retreat pricing, we'd probably do a land trip somewhere or try one of the luxury lines.  The Bella 3.75 trip looks appealing to meet and cruise with some of you on a good itinerary, at reasonable group pricing (that's not available for suites).  Am I being overly concerned with the infinite veranda?

We are booking a Sunset Veranda which is on the Aft. Not interested in an infinite veranda even though we have never stayed in one. I don’t like the fact that when the window is open it turns the air conditioning off in the cabin. We like keeping them separate so one person can enjoy being out on the balcony while another be inside where it is cooler.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

It is something you would have to experience and see what you feel about it.
I like the infinites because I use it as a "panoramic ocean view" room. I never open/slide the balcony glass up and down since that does affect the AC. I use the "balcony" space as extra cabin space and keep the folding/doors open to feel more space but the balcony "window" always shut.

We have had an aft balcony on the Edge, but I did not much care for it. Yes that was a "real" balcony, long, open but I found that there was no shade. The over hang was about 4 or 5 feet from the balcony door so if you are laying on the lounge chair backing your balcony door, you would not be in shade completely. No protection from rain. The lounge chair would get it no matter what position you put it in. Also found them a bit narrower than other class ships on X aft balconies. LONG walk to the aft balconies, but did not mind that (same for aft section port hole balconies). View of course cannot be beat.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Where are you cruising? I would love to see some pictures.

We leave out of Tampa and go to the Bahamas and Coco Cay.  We have never been to any of the ports.  I know a lot of people don't like the Bahamas but this will be a nice get away on a smaller ship with 3 beach days.  I need some beach days.  We live near a beautiful beach but right now the water is cold!  Our big trip this year isn't until September when we do Canada/Greenland out of Boston.  I will take pictures but may not post them until we get back.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Keksie said:

We leave out of Tampa and go to the Bahamas and Coco Cay.  We have never been to any of the ports.  I know a lot of people don't like the Bahamas but this will be a nice get away on a smaller ship with 3 beach days.  I need some beach days.  We live near a beautiful beach but right now the water is cold!  Our big trip this year isn't until September when we do Canada/Greenland out of Boston.  I will take pictures but may not post them until we get back.

Enjoy your cruise.

I like the Bahamas! Have been there millions of times and it is OK even if we just take a walk around the port sometimes.

• Thanks 1

@bobmacliberty The IV (infinite veranda) cabins are very subjective.  I love a real balcony as well but the main comparison to me is not just the IV issue but the Class of ship.  While it is true on the Edge Class that “real” balconies are scare…only options are port hole balconies, Sunset Verandas and $uites, the IV cabins are extremely nice.  As I don’t want to be in the sun I use the floor to ceiling glass air-conditioned space as my personal solarium.  The king size beds, multiple power outlets, modern decor are a feature of all cabins on Edge Class.

But to me the charm of Edge Class is the ships are magnificently beautiful.  Eden is an amazing space.  The rooftop garden is stunning.  Magic Carpet is unique.  Also, the four MDRs are a pleasure to try and offer more menu choices than M or S Class.  The theater design and production shows are very impressive.  (Oops, well, they are to a Celebrity cruiser; I realize Loyal Royals may be less impressed.)  The specialty restaurants are many and a nice change of pace.  (Personally I get fooded out after one day on a cruise and am perfectly content with the MDR.)

If I had to pick a favorite Celebrity ship it would be whichever S Class was sailing out of the nearest port.  But there’s a lot to love about the E Class.  Lastly sometimes the itinerary and traveling with friends is the more important factor.

And who could pass up being immortalized in video by Sea Dog?!

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

The Penthouse added, so those on 3.75 🐾 can see what it is like 😉

Decks 9,10,11 & 12 are all locations we have stayed on and all good 👍🏻 

For us we prefer 11 & 12

That Penthouse Suite is amazing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1