Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Happy Easter to all here who celebrate! 

Finally sitting down after the family has left and while Andy handles cleanup duty.  It was warm enough ( barely) for Abby & Ellie to hunt Easter eggs outside.  Dinner was glazed spiral ham, mashed potatoes, carrots and roasted asparagus with Andy’s famous carrot cake for dessert.  I tried a new appetizer today, Greek olive medley baked in olive oil with garlic & rosemary. When it comes out of the oven, I nestled in some burrata cheese to get melty and served it with toasted baguette slices.  It was a definite hit.  No food pictures - I always forget as I’m trying to get everything served.  

@Luckynana Maryann, I meant to say this the other day. I’m so sorry about your dear friend Lois. Thankfully you have many wonderful memories. 

We recently finished The Gentlemen which was great and are currently watching Bodies on Netflix.  It’s interesting but not really what I expected, specifically the almost Sci-Fi aspect.  We only have a couple more episodes so we’ll be on the hunt for something new to watch.  Maybe something a little more lighthearted after those two lol. It might be time to rewatch Schitt’s Creek.  

Deb, the olive appetizer sounds yummy. And everything is always delicious with burrata!😘

We are watching High Seas on Netflix. It is not a brand new series (from 2019, 2020), but very interesting for me since it is about a cruise ship. 3 Seasons, several episodes. Binged through seasons 1 and 2. Currently started Season 3.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, patattack said:

I looked at the price for Beach Club, but $219 is not what I would be willing to pay.  I was able to book it for a great price.......but lost that cruise r/t Covid.   I will keep a watch on the price.

Pat

Pat,

please post if you find something tolerable. We had also booked at great rates ($75 ) earlier but that sailing did not happen. The $219 is claimed as a sale price by Royal !!!!!!! I do see that the cabana at $1999 is reduced from its $3999 price, great! But $1999 I would rather put towards a new cruise. That's just my way of looking at it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Just followed!  I just realized you can label your bottles opened, unopened, and empty as well.  

My wife just shakes her head at me with this 🙂  I've got a few open bottles that are my mixers, about 10 nice bottles that are open and I drink neat occasionally, and about 30 unopened.  I'm kinda following a self-imposed rule now that I can't open one until I've emptied one (I'm about one pour away from emptying my Smoke Wagon, and debating which I'll open next), and I SHOULD have a rule that I can't buy one unless I empty one...but what are ya gonna do 🤷‍♂️

Hust downloaded the app. I want to play. Just need to figure it out.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

@dani negreanu How are you? Have you been to a doctor?

Thanks for asking. Very slight improvement, but it's almost 2 weeks!!! Yes, I've been to the family doctor a week ago, he prescribed a syrup for my awful cough, said my lungs are clean, just give it time.... ☹️

• Like 18

53 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks for asking. Very slight improvement, but it's almost 2 weeks!!! Yes, I've been to the family doctor a week ago, he prescribed a syrup for my awful cough, said my lungs are clean, just give it time.... ☹️

I wish there was a hug emoji and not just like and thanks.  So frustrating not getting over a cough.  Take care.

Edited by Keksie
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On 3/30/2024 at 9:20 AM, Arzeena said:

I found out I was over watering....especially orchids. Till I read 3 ice cubes once a week and now they are doing OK.

Talking of orchids, haven't heard from ReneeFLL, the orchid (and Mary Francis) authority....Renee I was going to abbreviate Mary Francis, but thought otherwise. Hope you guys are on a wonderful cruise.

On 3/30/2024 at 10:54 AM, dani negreanu said:

Same here...

@ReneeFLL

+ 1 

************************************************************************************************************

.... and I'm still sick as a cat/dog. Must be a wild type of flu.

Very frustrating.

Thanks for thinking of me. I just haven't had much free time. We're trying to get as much as possible done around here in the next week before our cruise. Been working at it for about the last several weeks. 

• Like 7

Day 6- 3/31 On the second day of Okayama, we take the local train to Kurashiki and visited the Bikan Historic Area which is a reconstruction of old villages.  You can stroll through the streets with the many shops or taste different kinds of snacks and food or just enjoy the whole scenery.

IMG_0073.thumb.jpeg.e77614ffb10cbe6ebdc8961657587027.jpeg

A bride and groom strolling through 

IMG_0095.thumb.jpeg.a90fc5e9822fd63a6f9eb8d7e854017e.jpeg

A bride and groom photoshoot

IMG_0102.thumb.jpeg.3ec829d5a1f41b2131133221b46fb2ab.jpeg

IMG_0118.thumb.jpeg.43f60abcc4a4d220bc29147a2770f347.jpeg

A Snoopy Chicolat shop for those who love Snoopy (🙋‍♀️me).

IMG_0144.thumb.jpeg.91140681d44c9688b6b37902bd6b6691.jpeg

IMG_0142.thumb.jpeg.c21096600ab8b28ce321d3d2e16d2504.jpeg

A Father Christmas Christmas shop for @Sea Dog Greg

IMG_0155.thumb.jpeg.e606a7dde9659259f3ae72de05a87946.jpeg

A man riding his bike with his cat on his shoulder reminds me of the first cat that Greg had that loved being on his shoulder. 

IMG_0186.thumb.jpeg.f9d4db9a0ae2602fbc0cd9d62e8e5365.jpeg

And finally, a sushi dinner

IMG_0200.thumb.jpeg.beb179c3584d901cfecea181115ec200.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

On 3/31/2024 at 9:38 AM, Husky1987 said:

One of these years we should add a CC bourbon trail getaway to all the cruise vacations!

Love your idea. 

Our SIL was one of the football coach for Eastern Kentucky University—— Smack in the middle of the “Bourbon Trail “. 

He collected a few souvenirs while working there. 

Yup.

All those so souvenirs and he rarely drinks, always training and the “refreshments” are not on his diet. 

Here is where they are stored. 

IMG_0574.thumb.jpeg.fae2b7a78ff209c8a5f884b6db66e61a.jpeg

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Love your idea. 

Our SIL was one of the football coach for Eastern Kentucky University—— Smack in the middle of the “Bourbon Trail “. 

He collected a few souvenirs while working there. 

Yup.

All those so souvenirs and he rarely drinks, always training and the “refreshments” are not on his diet. 

Here is where they are stored. 

IMG_0574.thumb.jpeg.fae2b7a78ff209c8a5f884b6db66e61a.jpeg

Great collection. 

Just now, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

His is the same as here on CC

Found you guys and I’m following. Needless to say I am not going to tell my wife what my collection’s value is. 😉

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Deb, the olive appetizer sounds yummy. And everything is always delicious with burrata!😘

We are watching High Seas on Netflix. It is not a brand new series (from 2019, 2020), but very interesting for me since it is about a cruise ship. 3 Seasons, several episodes. Binged through seasons 1 and 2. Currently started Season 3.

High Seas was very good.The Lead Actress is fluent in English and has appeared in some wonderful films.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Found you guys and I’m following. Needless to say I am not going to tell my wife what my collection’s value is. 😉

Yeah I hear you!  My collection is in a constant state of construction much like PA turnpike lol 😂 I’m still fairly new to bourbons compared to many.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Yeah I hear you!  My collection is in a constant state of construction much like PA turnpike lol 😂 I’m still fairly new to bourbons compared to many.

It’s fun to taste different ones. I am actually going to a tasting on Wednesday for High and Wicked which should be interesting.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I thought maybe April Fool's joke? 😃

I was wondering how many would rush to check their cruise planners when I posted that. 😂

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

@Ocean Boy If you remember what we talked about, it's happening on April 16th. 😑

We've talked about a lot of things but I am pretty sure I know what you are referring to. I'll be thinking about you.

Don't you have an Odyssey cruise coming up soon?🤔

• Like 1