Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

He and Billy have been friends since 1974 

That actually hasn't always been the case. You need to watch the documentary "Hired Gun" (Amazon Prime) where it chronicles how Billy screwed over many of his side musicians including Liberty. They parted ways for awhile with Liberty being very angry. They have since mended their friendship. The doc is excellent and made me lose some respect for Billy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you and everyone else that sent me wishes to get better soon.

I managed to go to work yesterday for full day.  I was exhausted by end of the day.    Still don't have much of an appetite but figure I will use that to my advantage for start of a spring time diet.

I'm glad you are starting to feel better Debbie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Day 9- 4/3- Today we leave Kyoto to travel 526 km (320 miles) by train to Kyonon for a one night stay in a beach resort with DH’s brother, who happens to be in Japan this week with his family.
IMG_1066.thumb.jpeg.5cb1e6ea34ef98e9f86a9cac79cc9730.jpeg

IMG_1050.thumb.jpeg.6cffccaf9b91f774f2a86bb603b8b3d2.jpeg

IMG_1053.thumb.jpeg.aa5cc40c803da26325b352c59d37c301.jpeg

IMG_1060.thumb.jpeg.3cacd5aea498cc80715bb503f89b4434.jpeg

An open air Onsen- a hot spring - with a view of the beach 

IMG_1107.thumb.jpeg.8c623809c9a9df2d044d427133a8c1ef.jpeg

Day 10- 4/4- Weather clears up nicely today.  We check out of this hotel and leave for Tokyo.

IMG_1224.thumb.jpeg.9b4670c84c6f201ba900b35a8797ee6a.jpeg

IMG_1236.thumb.jpeg.9ad37d2e486d417407b1c46ba5c7f81a.jpeg

We arrive in Tokyo!

IMG_1319.thumb.jpeg.3d29472a8df42d326572d256ef5bf062.jpeg

IMG_1348.thumb.jpeg.a30553ed1498ad122deae72d46820f4c.jpeg

Sushi for dinner 

IMG_1343.thumb.jpeg.cd6a649b87e081f5e56f6021b4416e26.jpeg

IMG_1345.thumb.jpeg.ab76355a34e25e8003fa975b259dd9dc.jpeg

We have a 7:20pm time reservation to go up to the Shibuya Sky.  This is the famous Shibuya crossing view from the 11th floor.

IMG_1379.thumb.jpeg.12de8716125e01f9ecc19578e25ae93c.jpeg

IMG_1390.thumb.jpeg.921c2823e6bd7e6407b03709017fda5e.jpeg

Now we go up to the rooftop.  A laser light beam up to the sky.

IMG_1392.thumb.jpeg.1d29bc68c660643e7f84090460f2596d.jpeg

Views from the rooftop 

IMG_1402.thumb.jpeg.36acd7c425391082bf758f703979e70a.jpeg

IMG_1457.thumb.jpeg.49cd8aa01b7c2dc55dad103133b1b43e.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 5

@FromSea2ShiningSea Helen your photos are spectacular.  Like aussilozzie’s of Australia, this is a part of the world we’re unlike to ever see in person so I’m really enjoying the virtual visit.

I’m hankering for a trip somewhere.  Unfortunately we have nothing until Hawaii in September.  Once the new baby comes in May, we could potentially do something over the summer but I’m not crazy about traveling then. RI has so much to enjoy during that time, plus all the travel spots are beyond crowded.  

• Like 11

Very late to the party! Hello, Helen and Marty! Loving your review of Japan! Our SIL, David is deployed there currently. He is loving it, also! Thank you for sharing your fantastic trip with us!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Unfortunately, they do not have pet insurance.   Now the question becomes if they can get some going forward.  Or, do they charge higher rates for pre existing conditions.

Unfortunately I think it will be very difficult to find a pet insurance policy that will cover pre-x and even more difficult to find at a decent rate.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@FromSea2ShiningSea Helen your photos are spectacular.  Like aussilozzie’s of Australia, this is a part of the world we’re unlike to ever see in person so I’m really enjoying the virtual visit.

I’m hankering for a trip somewhere.  Unfortunately we have nothing until Hawaii in September.  Once the new baby comes in May, we could potentially do something over the summer but I’m not crazy about traveling then. RI has so much to enjoy during that time, plus all the travel spots are beyond crowded.  

I have the same issue with leaving RI during summer. Why leave during our best season? Then Autumn brings high school football season and I'm tied down until Thanksgiving. That leave winter and spring.🤷

• Like 6

My sister is still complaining about her back from the 18 wheeler rear ending them when they were stopped at a light. Whip lash for the back I guess. Her husband said monday he kinda hoped they totalled his kia he wanted a ranger pick up he had his eye on. Sure enough they totalled out their kia and he went out by yesterday and got a pick up, the silver ranger. Hes agile, age 85, but my sister on a good day is on a walker, on a bad day she is a limp bowl of jello. And his daughter is way grown up who has to climb into the back seat. He also picks up a blind lady and her large german shepard seeing eye dog and takes her to church. For someone giving rides to church folks, a pick up wouldnt have made my top ten choices.

He told my sister he was buying a running board so there was a extra step to get up in this pick up. What was he thinking? He also now wants to go to Scotland and ireland and just fly over, dont prebook hotels or make any plans. He believes in just winging it, doesnt want to be tied down with reservations. They all applied for passports. I'm biting my tongue. I keep reminding myself I'm moving. He invited me to go along, I said oh I'm moving in may, so sorry. 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

My sister is still complaining about her back from the 18 wheeler rear ending them when they were stopped at a light. Whip lash for the back I guess. Her husband said monday he kinda hoped they totalled his kia he wanted a ranger pick up he had his eye on. Sure enough they totalled out their kia and he went out by yesterday and got a pick up, the silver ranger. Hes agile, age 85, but my sister on a good day is on a walker, on a bad day she is a limp bowl of jello. And his daughter is way grown up who has to climb into the back seat. He also picks up a blind lady and her large german shepard seeing eye dog and takes her to church. For someone giving rides to church folks, a pick up wouldnt have made my top ten choices.

He told my sister he was buying a running board so there was a extra step to get up in this pick up. What was he thinking? He also now wants to go to Scotland and ireland and just fly over, dont prebook hotels or make any plans. He believes in just winging it, doesnt want to be tied down with reservations. They all applied for passports. I'm biting my tongue. I keep reminding myself I'm moving. He invited me to go along, I said oh I'm moving in may, so sorry. 

Oh WOW, that's a really young 85. I wish him the best. I am 30 years younger than him but not even half as brave!

How are you doing with the eyes?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That leave winter and spring.🤷

Feel free to join us Bella 2 on Wonder February 2-9,2025 and Bella 2.5 on Utopia February 10-14. We would love to cruise with you.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That actually hasn't always been the case. You need to watch the documentary "Hired Gun" (Amazon Prime) where it chronicles how Billy screwed over many of his side musicians including Liberty. They parted ways for awhile with Liberty being very angry. They have since mended their friendship. The doc is excellent and made me lose some respect for Billy.

I never heard of that documentary.I will definitely watch it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

It has been a mild 65°F today.

I hope everyone is well.

Hi Graham!  65 and mild sounds good!  Jim and I just came home from a Naples Sunset (beautiful, of course), but it was pretty breezy and cool;  not to mention the beach was packed with people!  We didn't  realize it was Saturday evening😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1