Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I ❤️ all the Kitties!  

I do not have any cats but here’s my gang just hanging out today enjoying the sunshine (while I work outside 🥵)

IMG_3184.thumb.jpeg.5094ce828cf30d45219f463c301b0c42.jpeg

IMG_3185.thumb.jpeg.6d8a6c5a250de9a5756f730347b72dd3.jpeg

They both look quite comfy watching you work today!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

I am a "dog person," but this cat is absolutely strikingly beautiful. Did you choose her from a litter?

Thanks. I've had dogs and cats but I'm probably more of a dog person too. I just love  animals I guess. However, after I lost my previous dog I felt that I was at a point where I couldn't give a new dog the attention that it deserved. Cats are much easier.

Jade was from a litter of four. I didn't get to pick her as the other three were already taken. So it was her or wait for another litter to come. I saw both her mother and father and thought they were both really nice cats so Jade became mine. Sometimes I wish I had just provided a home to a shelter cat in need. However, that is a bit moot at this point.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Me trying to clean out & organize the dining room hutch. I got as far as taking everything out when Lenoard claimed it as his new cubby hole. 

20231027_104442.thumb.jpg.b10cdcb3af3b91a26412c112d776e9ce.jpg

Cats are always so helpful that way. ☺️ We always said that Bobby was looking for the secret door that would let him outside. I accidentally closed him in one of the storage end tables one afternoon. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Husky1987 said:

A few house pics from today.  Paint is done (minus the inevitable touch-ups).  Doors, trim, and cabinets scheduled over the next couple weeks, then flooring and carpets.  We probably aren’t going to hit our June 1st goal, but it’s getting closer and closer.

Kitchen with accent wall

Master with accent wall

Master bath with accent wall

IMG_4689.thumb.jpeg.bbb2a2d9b66523cd7c4e0c19f6fdc56c.jpeg

Living room from entryway (accent wall follows kitchen around to the right)

Not sure I mentioned, in the last pic you can see a column and the base on the floor to the right.  There was a column on each side of the living room that supported an arch that separated the living room from the entryway.  We always hated that because the columns took away from space that we would have used to put furniture, things on walls, etc.  So we had the reconstruction folks take it out.  Post-fire pic of the arch:

It looks very nice! It will be like a whole new house. 

Question: Do you know what color that gray is? Manufacturer and color. We are looking for a color for our partial siding. I have a sample can of Sherwin Williams "Inkwell", but we haven't test painted yet, and it might be too dark. I like your dark gray. 

Edited by Coralc

Oh yes! Thank you @brillohead for the very thorough explanation on how the margins are determined, and the reason for the length of the excision. That makes sense. I appreciate all your advice. I was just a little shocked when I removed the bandages for the first time. ☺️

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Coralc said:

It looks very nice! It will be like a whole new house. 

Question: Do you know what color that gray is? Manufacturer and color. We are looking for a color for our partial siding. I have a sample can of Sherwin Williams "Inkwell", but we haven't test painted yet, and it might be too dark. I like your dark gray. 

It’s pretty much going to be a new house…new roof, 3/4 new roof trusses, all new walls, they ended up going down to the studs through the whole house, new electrical, new HVAC.

This is the color scheme…Sherwin Williams. Walls are the Repose Gray and accent walls are the Slate Tile, it’s a darker gray with a very slight blue tint.

IMG_4628.thumb.jpeg.2295c51a247149f0e7a6edaba43fbe4c.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Going back to posts about Christmas and Easter cactus.

My cactus has had buds for days and is finally starting to bloom.

I am thinking that it may even be a Mother’s Day cactus as it will soon be May!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

IMG_0858.jpeg

I missed the original posts about the cactuses. I'm happy to see yours. I was just saying to my son the other day, this sis so weird my Thanksgiving Cactus is blooming right now. It bloomed about 2 months ago too. I was like what the heck is going on with this cactus???

I'm glad I see that others' cactus is blooming too. 😁

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Both photos are amazing. 

Thank you so much… Winnie thinks he’s a dog, as we found him outside when he was no bigger than your hand and Millie mothered him. They run around this house and play like 2 dogs! Lol

• Like 8

16 hours ago, brillohead said:

Bonnie, you are so sweet to ask after me!

I got behind on posts, then felt bad about it (because I like to read ALL the posts so I know what's going on with all my friends here), so I kept putting off coming back until I had time to read ALLLLLLL the pages I had missed and then it snowballed to the point that it would be physically impossible to catch up.  (I have a tiny bit of OCD about certain things, and this is one of them.)

So I finally told myself to suck it up, and I came back today and only read back about the last fifteen pages. (Yes, my OCD is kinda twitching right now, but I'm powering through!  I know I have missed so much!!!!!) 

So to anyone who posted something sad, I'm sending you positive juju, and anyone who posted something happy, I'm sending you congrats.  

I'm glad to be back amongst you all again, and I'll try not to let my OCDish tendencies get in the way of posting here again in the future!

Yay, you're back!

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

After church today we had lunch at Wynyard Hall gardens cafe.

IMG_20240428_123342.jpg

Graham, delicious spread and you're looking wonderful.  I agree with @Sea Dog Greg.  That red velvet cake looks super yummy and a very generous slice it is!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’ve been avidly reading all the comments about knee and hip replacements. Andy’s had problems with his right knee and hip for a few years, to the point that he walks with a noticeable gimp and has great difficulty putting on a sock and tying a shoe on the right foot. His primary told him it’s likely arthritis and referred him to ortho, which of course he’s ignored.  He finally went Thursday (nagging works!) and was told he has severe arthritis in his hip and mild arthritis in the knee. His knee pain is most likely a result of the hip issues. So hip replacement scheduled for Nov 5th. He was given a shot of cortisone with the disclaimer he might only see 10-30% improvement, he says the 10% is about right.  I think he put it off out of fear of the surgery, but so many people have told him hip replacement isn’t bad these days, much easier than the knee. 
Anyone here had this done? 

I had my hip done in 2017 and don’t regret it at all. I was walking later that day. If my other hip were to start hurting, I wouldn’t hesitate for a minute to have the surgery again.

• Like 10

Additional Key West thoughts: We had a Key West port stop on a Rhapsody cruise approx. 18 years ago.  We did the trolley tour, had a margarita and burger in Margaritaville AND frozen chocolate covered key lime pie.  Worth all the hype.  We wandered into a perfume shop on Duval St. and it turned out the owners came from Jack's home town in Israel and knew some of the same people.  They chatted for it seemed hours and the owner and his wife were disappointed when we had to return to the ship and turn down their dinner invitation. We were gifted with free bottles of perfume. Can't remember which ones. Good memories!

• Like 17

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

…My left hip has gone bad because of how long I've been walking around on my wonky left knee... if they'd replaced the knee when I asked them to, I wouldn't also need the hip replaced.

If you don’t mind me asking, but why wouldn’t you have knee surgery especially since it’s affecting your hip? That’s got to be a double whammy in pain.

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

How long before you have 2 new kittens that you'll be posting pictures of? 

We most likely will do serious looking after we get back from New York next month , even though we have a great cat sitter it most likely not a good idea to leave two kittens alone for a week right after we get them .

thanks everyone who posted pictures of your beautiful cats , I really appreciate seeing them . 

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Additional Key West thoughts: We had a Key West port stop on a Rhapsody cruise approx. 18 years ago.  We did the trolley tour, had a margarita and burger in Margaritaville AND frozen chocolate covered key lime pie.  Worth all the hype.  We wandered into a perfume shop on Duval St. and it turned out the owners came from Jack's home town in Israel and knew some of the same people.  They chatted for it seemed hours and the owner and his wife were disappointed when we had to return to the ship and turn down their dinner invitation. We were gifted with free bottles of perfume. Can't remember which ones. Good memories!

That's awesome!! I love the perfume shop, it's the first place I go...ok second, Frog & Onion Pub and then the Perfume shop. 😁

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

It’s pretty much going to be a new house…new roof, 3/4 new roof trusses, all new walls, they ended up going down to the studs through the whole house, new electrical, new HVAC.

This is the color scheme…Sherwin Williams. Walls are the Repose Gray and accent walls are the Slate Tile, it’s a darker gray with a very slight blue tint.

IMG_4628.thumb.jpeg.2295c51a247149f0e7a6edaba43fbe4c.jpeg

Thank you so much Larry!  That is very helpful. And it gives me some alternative exterior choices. Those look very nice together. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks. I've had dogs and cats but I'm probably more of a dog person too. I just love  animals I guess. However, after I lost my previous dog I felt that I was at a point where I couldn't give a new dog the attention that it deserved. Cats are much easier.

Jade was from a litter of four. I didn't get to pick her as the other three were already taken. So it was her or wait for another litter to come. I saw both her mother and father and thought they were both really nice cats so Jade became mine. Sometimes I wish I had just provided a home to a shelter cat in need. However, that is a bit moot at this point.

That’s our struggle, we got our last two kittens from a great non kill shelter close to us , they told us they were Siamese but one was grey and white other looked Siamese but it seemed to be a ragdoll which my wife totally loved . She is thinking of buying a ragdoll kitten, but ideally we want two kittens who are already bonded together. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

A few house pics from today.  Paint is done (minus the inevitable touch-ups).  Doors, trim, and cabinets scheduled over the next couple weeks, then flooring and carpets.  We probably aren’t going to hit our June 1st goal, but it’s getting closer and closer.

Kitchen with accent wall

IMG_4687.thumb.jpeg.fc268074eb7fd86db4fc6b90d7298d3a.jpeg

Master with accent wall

IMG_4688.thumb.jpeg.231ccbc75ecbe2101363930fc32ffef9.jpeg

Master bath with accent wall

IMG_4689.thumb.jpeg.bbb2a2d9b66523cd7c4e0c19f6fdc56c.jpeg

Living room from entryway (accent wall follows kitchen around to the right)

IMG_4690.thumb.jpeg.5c8c3aa45ec78cd3d3ad066c8cd7d7e4.jpeg

Not sure I mentioned, in the last pic you can see a column and the base on the floor to the right.  There was a column on each side of the living room that supported an arch that separated the living room from the entryway.  We always hated that because the columns took away from space that we would have used to put furniture, things on walls, etc.  So we had the reconstruction folks take it out.  Post-fire pic of the arch:

IMG_3958.jpg.0a54e2054eb24fe7c016a5cb04e15e19.jpg

Love the color Larry. It looks similar to out living room color which is a Sherwin Williams color. It looks lighter in this picture but we love it.

Color.thumb.JPG.9a01087e2d5be574112ac96752ea32bd.JPG

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

Oh yes! Thank you @brillohead for the very thorough explanation on how the margins are determined, and the reason for the length of the excision. That makes sense. I appreciate all your advice. I was just a little shocked when I removed the bandages for the first time. ☺️

Shame on the doctor for not explaining the entire procedure to you before he started!  

I'm glad that my explanation made sense.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1