Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

You may remember about a month ago, Ricky, my daughter’s cat ended up in the hospital for a blood transfusion.  He was diagnosed as anemic, and his PCV (I think that is the correct term) was down to 9.  When he was released, it was up to 22, which was still a little low.  

Today, will be the fourth time I have taken him to the vet for a blood test, as they continue to monitor how he is doing.  He is still on steroids, and a second round of antibiotics.  Tomorrow we will find out where his numbers are.  They have been up to 30 and down to 16.

He was not happy when I put him in his carrier.  

IMG_1063.thumb.jpeg.0c8394c4751c6e3908b8db44be374384.jpeg

I am not sure, but I think this is his evil eye, once I brought him back home. 

IMG_1064.thumb.jpeg.dd6d49e438f18a81ceef261d8ae6645e.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Weird pages 4809 and 4810 are a repeat !

It's happened to me a couple of times and others have noted the same thing.  Doesn't seem to be consistent though in that one person will see it but another won't. Weird.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

You may remember about a month ago, Ricky, my daughter’s cat ended up in the hospital for a blood transfusion.  He was diagnosed as anemic, and his PCV (I think that is the correct term) was down to 9.  When he was released, it was up to 22, which was still a little low.  

Today, will be the fourth time I have taken him to the vet for a blood test, as they continue to monitor how he is doing.  He is still on steroids, and a second round of antibiotics.  Tomorrow we will find out where his numbers are.  They have been up to 30 and down to 16.

He was not happy when I put him in his carrier.  

IMG_1063.thumb.jpeg.0c8394c4751c6e3908b8db44be374384.jpeg

I am not sure, but I think this is his evil eye, once I brought him back home. 

IMG_1064.thumb.jpeg.dd6d49e438f18a81ceef261d8ae6645e.jpeg

How were his numbers today?  I just saw you will find out tomorrow.  Hope they are good 

Edited by Keksie
  • Like 2

Do any of you have a true home theater setup, and if so, what remote do you use?

I have an Onkyo 7.1 receiver (center channel, front L&R, side L&R, rear L&R, plus subwoofer). My Sony tv is connected to it, as is a dvd player, Apple TV box, and Roku box.  I have been controlling everything with a Logitech Harmony 650 programmable remote.  

The thing I liked about the Harmony is it made everything a one button operation.  Press watch a movie, and it would turn on the tv, change the source to the dvd, turn on the dvd player, turn on the surround receiver, and it would be ready to go.  Same with everything else, it would automatically switch inputs and power devices on and off. 

It always worked great when I had a cable box, but since switching to Roku and using the cable provider app, the remote occasionally gets confused.  I started looking for a new programmable remote, but it appears Harmony stopped making them.  Maybe with so many going with sound bars and smart tvs, there wasn’t a big enough market for programmable remotes.  

Just curious what others use.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Weird pages 4809 and 4810 are a repeat !

46 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

It's happened to me a couple of times and others have noted the same thing.  Doesn't seem to be consistent though in that one person will see it but another won't. Weird.  

That happens to me occasionally when using my laptop.  Then it'll correct itself after a few hours.

I don't think I noticed it on my phone.

11 hours ago, derorim said:

Marcel enjoying a good ear rub.

20240428_163326_Original.thumb.jpeg.1f135fd247b0a1275a040b1f51a060a2.jpeg

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Marcel is definitely loving that. We have a cat that loves to have the insides of her ears rubbed. I’ve never had a cat that liked that so I thought maybe she had ear mites. Nope, she just likes her ears rubbed. In fact, she will start to drool when Mike gets a little inside her ear. Eew!

I thought the same thing about Lenoard, that perhaps he might have ear mites. But nope, he loves having ears rubbed & doesn't mind if I get more than a little inside. He seems to prefer actually.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

That happens to me occasionally when using my laptop.  Then it'll correct itself after a few hours.

I've noticed it on my phone. I also get issues when I press the icon to see who has liked one of my posts. When I then tap that person it is not connected to any post at all. Later it will correct as if things get back in synch.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Do any of you have a true home theater setup, and if so, what remote do you use?

I have an Onkyo 7.1 receiver (center channel, front L&R, side L&R, rear L&R, plus subwoofer). My Sony tv is connected to it, as is a dvd player, Apple TV box, and Roku box.  I have been controlling everything with a Logitech Harmony 650 programmable remote.  

The thing I liked about the Harmony is it made everything a one button operation.  Press watch a movie, and it would turn on the tv, change the source to the dvd, turn on the dvd player, turn on the surround receiver, and it would be ready to go.  Same with everything else, it would automatically switch inputs and power devices on and off. 

It always worked great when I had a cable box, but since switching to Roku and using the cable provider app, the remote occasionally gets confused.  I started looking for a new programmable remote, but it appears Harmony stopped making them.  Maybe with so many going with sound bars and smart tvs, there wasn’t a big enough market for programmable remotes.  

For ours I still have the Harmony and it still works great. It’s been so long with tech advances I’m not sure what’s best now. Sorry I couldn’t help.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I used to have a full home theater when we lived in Ohio.  I used a Philips Pronto remote.  You needed a bit of programming skills to configure it, but I enjoyed that, and I loved the graphical touchscreen interface.  I don't think the Pronto has been made for several years either. 

When we moved, I simplified to just a smart TV with a Sonos sound system (Arc soundbar, separate subwoofer, and rear speakers built into the ceiling).  No DVD player or any other external boxes.  Everything is controlled with the TV remote and/or software on my phone.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

For ours I still have the Harmony and it still works great. It’s been so long with tech advances I’m not sure what’s best now. Sorry I couldn’t help.

I've been using the LG learning remote that came with my TV. However, like Sea Dog, I put this all together a long time ago and have not really kept up so I'm of no help. Somehow, I managed to get an LG TV, Sony receiver, Sony DVD player, and cable box to all like each other.🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

People think I named Diana after Princess Diana but, no, she was named in memory of my best friend who had died the year before.  It was coincidentally on her namesake’s birthday, May 1, that I went to the shelter and came home with Diana.  When I got Minnie three months later from the shelter she was 12 weeks old so I decided her birthday would be May 1 as well.  That means that day after tomorrow is their birthdays!!  I must go buy a can of tuna and one of sardines for their “cake.”  😊

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

People think I named Diana after Princess Diana but, no, she was named in memory of my best friend who had died the year before.  It was coincidentally on her namesake’s birthday, May 1, that I went to the shelter and came home with Diana.  When I got Minnie three months later from the shelter she was 12 weeks old so I decided her birthday would be May 1 as well.  That means that day after tomorrow is their birthdays!!  I must go buy a can of tuna and one of sardines for their “cake.”  😊

Happy Birthday to Diana & Minnie.  Hope they enjoy their celebratory tuna.

Diana is a wonderful way to keep your friend’s memory alive. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  We had a very busy day yesterday.  BC ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay.  Visited Shannon Falls. Spectacular.  Then we did the Sea to Sky Gondola. Very pricey but we all enjoyed the experience. It momentarily snowed when we arrived at the top.  Walked across the short suspension bridge & did a lovely loop walk.  Lovely to see a Bald Eagle soaring above the treetops.  This Aussie was very excited to see a chipmunk.  
Kind tourists at all the viewpoints voluntarily offered to take photos of the 3 of us. (DD happily reciprocated).  Then we drove to Whistler where it was raining and 🥶.  Then back down to Vancouver.  Beautiful drive from Whistler to Vancouver in the late afternoon.2187AD93-F0D0-471F-A2D8-A47CBABE25C2.thumb.png.5f879e086dc20b52b0ede0013fa3bd21.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Yes, this was on my laptop here I'm using on vacation.

Well starting this Thursday I am going on a little adventure. Thursday morning I leave for Hilton Head Island SC to visit my life long best friend from high school and the best man at my wedding.  He is a great musician, singer and entertainer who plays at the Salty Dog cafe for over 25 years. Dave @Ozark_Kid has seen him and knows who I am talking about my best friend Dave Kemmerly.

What makes this trip interesting and a I'm little nervous is that I will be there 5 days with 7 other friends who I went to high school with. Two of which Mary and Steve lived on my street growing up and I have known for over 50 years. Two couples, one of which were in my class and got married right after high school and another couple a year behind us. 

IMG_4337.thumb.jpeg.42d88cae1bc1ad6a80877b927e845341.jpeg

We are staying a a great VRBO in Sea Pines a short distance from the Salty Dog. It's a six bedroom house so plenty of room.  Here are some of the pictures of it as it looks wonderful. And it should because it is also for sale for over $3 million.

IMG_4338.thumb.jpeg.dc1b2916f509a2c75d4532ecd3133f4a.jpeg

IMG_4339.thumb.jpeg.bdd9a682470da9ba114726d4d96b9d2d.jpeg

IMG_4340.thumb.jpeg.fce6d599503a9200f41584e64f8189c7.jpeg

IMG_4341.thumb.jpeg.edb96bee7967ea844b3451fcabb3a324.jpeg

I mentioned that I was a little nervous. Most of these people while friends I have not seen in over 5 years. A few of us have spent time together but none for 5 days. I like these people but they are extremely different from me in my view on most  things. I stated the only way I would go is that we not discuss politics or religion as I have had a couple of run ins with one of the guys over the years. Maybe as I gotten older, I don't put up with BS and I just rather cruise with my wife than do anything else.

Linda is going to stay home with the dogs and said go have fun with your high school friends. I hope it will be that way. I may not be around later in the week as much but I will try and post some pictures of our adventures. Wish me luck and as they say "Can't we all just get along?"

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 24

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Well starting this Thursday I am going on a little adventure. Thursday morning I leave for Hilton Head Island SC to visit my life long best friend from high school and the best man at my wedding who is a great musician, singer and entertainer who plays at the Salty Dog cafe for over 25 years. Dave @Ozark_Kid has seen him and knows who I am talking about my best friend Dave Kemmerly.

What makes this trip interesting and a little nervous is that I will be there 5 days with 7 other friends who I went to high school with. Two of which Mary and Steve lived on my street growing up and I have known for over 50 years. Two couples one of which got were in my class and got married right after high school and another couple a year behind us. 

IMG_4337.thumb.jpeg.42d88cae1bc1ad6a80877b927e845341.jpeg

We are staying a a great VRBO in Sea Pines a short distance from the Salty Dog. It's a six bedroom house so plenty of room.  Here are some of the pictures of it as it looks wonderful. And it should because it is also for sale for over $3 million.

IMG_4338.thumb.jpeg.dc1b2916f509a2c75d4532ecd3133f4a.jpeg

IMG_4339.thumb.jpeg.bdd9a682470da9ba114726d4d96b9d2d.jpeg

IMG_4340.thumb.jpeg.fce6d599503a9200f41584e64f8189c7.jpeg

IMG_4341.thumb.jpeg.edb96bee7967ea844b3451fcabb3a324.jpeg

I mentioned that I was a little nervous. Most of these people while friends I have not seen in over 2 years. A few of us have spent time together but none for 5 days. I like these people but they are different from me in my view on most  things. I stated the only way I would go is that we not discuss politics or religion as I have had a couple of run ins with one of the guys over the years. Maybe as I gotten older, I don't put up with BS and I just rather cruise with my wife than do anything else.

Linda is going to stay home with the dogs and said go have fun with your high school friends. I hope it will be that way. I may not be around later in the week as much but I will try and post some pictures of our adventures. Wish me luck and as they say "Can't we all just get along?"

Have a great time Greg!

This home looks wonderful.

• Like 2