Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

There is also a George Strait/ Chris Stapleton Concert the same day at Bank America Park where the Carolina Panthers play football at, so I'm sure the area will be loaded with a lot of people.

https://www.panthers.com/news/george-strait-chris-stapleton-set-to-take-over-bank-of-america-stadium

Now that's a pretty good concert, especially with Little Big Town as a guest performer.  You should make an entire day of it. Ballgame during the day & concert in the evening.

And I see they are playing up my way at the MetLife Stadium in June. Need to scope out ticket prices.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

The project to bring a new kitten into my daughter's house is going well. They are enjoying playing together, chasing each other around the house.  They no longer need to be kept separated.

That's great they are getting along & it seems they got acclimated to each other quickly. My step daughter has mentioned a few times recently that we should get a kitten as she feels Leonard gets bored, especially when we are not home. When she lived in Houston, he was one of three cats she had in a tiny 900 sq ft 1 BR apartment so he's used to being around other cats but it's been a few years now.  Although one of her cats , Cat #1 (Lucy), didn't really like the other two but at least now we have plenty of space for them to spread out should  the potential new kitten & Leonard don't get along.   As of right now, it's a "we'll see about it"

Slight change of subject, how is your daughters house coming along? If I remember correctly, you spent a few weeks there last year helping restore her old Victorian house.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Jimbo said:

@A&L_Ont Might need your help. On June 1st.     I will be at the Charlotte Knights  game (Triple A team for the Chicago White Sox's) in Charlotte. NC. at Truist Field

Truist Field - Charlotte Retirement Community

Saturday Game at 1pm (Bark in the Park Day)

Here is the food lineup:

https://www.milb.com/charlotte-knights/news/a-complete-guide-to-food-and-drink-options-at-knights-games

I’d try the Steakapelphia and the funnel cake fries. 

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Wow, you were watching a perfect game for 7 and 1/3 innings. So cool!

It was, but at least the Jays almost made a game of it at the end. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

How are you doing with your leg, Marian?

Pretty well, all things considered, thanks so much for asking!  I’m EXTREMELY careful every time I get out of the wheelchair…and I kept exhorting George to be vigilant as well…if he trips on a cat or loses his balance…we are in a horrible position.  Of course, since he doesn’t have Big Brain Syndrome he can’t imagine the potential pitfalls.  (In my next life I, too, would like to blithely assume everything will all work out…). I’m only taking OTC meds now so that has me relieved.  Follow-up visit to surgeon the 23rd.  Got the walking boot delivered…I may start dreaming about it…

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

I've forgotten what the sun looks like.  We had our sprinkler fixed last week, and haven't used it, since Mother Nature insists on daily rain, as well as cool (some days cold) weather.  Today it is mild out, but cloudy, with rain (would you believe!!) expected this evening,

Enough complaining from me.  Enjoy the rest of your day, Graham, please say hi to Pauline for me!

Wishing everyone on here a wonderful, and hopefully for you all...a sunny, lovely day!

Thank you Maryann.

Pauline said hello back to you.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@bobmacliberty

Since we're on the "subject" of adding new "dwellers" to the household....

In the end, it was decided to call my newest [step]kitty - NEKO (should mean "cat" in Japanese).

She's "dealing" quite well with the aggressiveness of Lychee, the veteran 😉

Apparently, my friend didn't take any "adaptation" lessons, though.

image.thumb.jpeg.dd26afbfbf37df55df6dd5528bfedf56.jpeg

Neko found a great fortress in that cabinet.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Now that's a pretty good concert, especially with Little Big Town as a guest performer.  You should make an entire day of it. Ballgame during the day & concert in the evening.

And I see they are playing up my way at the MetLife Stadium in June. Need to scope out ticket prices.

We don’t do concerts in stadiums anymore and only go when we can get really good seats . Have front row seats next month for Todd Rundgren and great seats for Christoffer Cross . 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@bobmacliberty

In the end, it was decided to call my newest [step]kitty - NEKO (should mean "cat" in Japanese).

Neko is sooo cute.  Neko is a nice name😊

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Also "Hairy Spray" is playing at 2pm and 8pm, so much to see and do, so little time.

https://www.charlotte-theater.com/theaters/belk-theatre/hairspray.php

56 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’d try the Steakapelphia and the funnel cake fries. 

Note taken, It's on must list of must have !

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Also "Hairy Spray" is playing at 2pm and 8pm, so much to see and do, so little time.

https://www.charlotte-theater.com/theaters/belk-theatre/hairspray.php

Are you there for just the weekend?

There does seem to be plenty of activities. It is on my list of places to visit when I kick-off my "Where will I move to" tour of the south, which at this moment is just a distant thought.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Slight change of subject, how is your daughters house coming along? If I remember correctly, you spent a few weeks there last year helping restore her old Victorian house.

Micheline is there now working on the house, hence me being a bachelor.  I plan to drive to Cincinnati at the end of the month to spend a week helping and drive Micheline home.  The interior of the house is looking great.  They just finished painting another room and only have one room left to paint.  Everything is sparkling clean. 

The outside however needs a lot of work.  My daughter decided that she wouldn't buy a lawn mower and instead would just have a yard full of natural flowers.  The weeds are now almost knee high. 😬  Micheline is trying to find someone who will come and mow/cut/trim everything so that it is back to a manageable condition.  My daughter now realizes that her initial plan won't work.  If only she would just do what her mother tells her.  It took me a few years to learn that lesson, but she hasn't yet learned. 😜

• Like 4
  • Haha 19

20 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I was hesitant to respond at first but I just wanted to say that I wish I had some advice or words of wisdom to provide. But I don't. Unfortunately , she's in a club that nobody wants to be part of and it's hard for others to understand what it's like. Everyone grieves in there own way but hopefully she has support from family, in-laws, friends or professionals. Sometimes seeking out someone in a similar situation could help. 

All my best to her and to you too! I'm sure it's not easy on you to see her struggle.

Responses that come from the heart, like yours, are the most meaningful.

19 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Dani, thank you so much for your kind words.  "Naches" describes our proud enjoyment and love of Jack perfectly!  I love learning so much from you, as well as from @BonTexasNYBonnie, and @lenquixote66 Lenny, with regard to your customs as well as words from the Yiddish dictionary.

Love you, Dani!❤️  Can't wait to meet you next year!🥰

Maryann, here's another yiddish word that goes with "nachas".  It's "kvell" -  which means to burst with pride or excitement, especially for someone else.  I know this explains how you feel about your wonderful Jack. 

May you always continue to "kvell" with "nachas" from your family!!

A bit of kindergarten: I went to kindergarten when I was 5 in a NYC public school.  My teacher, Mrs. Grinnon, remembered having my sister in her class 2 years before.  When I was in 6th grade, I became her monitor, setting things up.  I don't recall when I had the time to do this during class but it was the highlight of my day.

Through the years after I was in her class, Mrs. Grinnon, would send my family an annual Chanukah card.  We reciprocated with a Christmas card.  Years later I sent her a note letting her know I moved to Israel and was getting married.  I was touched beyond belief when she sent me a beautiful card with a $5 cash gift.  She wrote that she remembered how sweet I was in her class and what a big help I was as her monitor.  No mention of my sister. 🤣  Over 70 years, I still cherish that card and keep it in my "treasure box" of wonderful memories. 

Kudos to all the teachers out there who made a lasting, positive impression on a child.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I've forgotten what the sun looks like.  We had our sprinkler fixed last week, and haven't used it, since Mother Nature insists on daily rain, as well as cool (some days cold) weather.  Today it is mild out, but cloudy, with rain (would you believe!!) expected this evening,

Enough complaining from me.  Enjoy the rest of your day, Graham, please say hi to Pauline for me!

Wishing everyone on here a wonderful, and hopefully for you all...a sunny, lovely day!

Same here in PA.   We've been stuck in this pattern of rain almost every day.   Weather forecasters initially said the rain would stop around 2 pm today but now saying 8 pm.    Guess no yard work today.   Looks like Sunday through Wednesday will be nice but of course I will be at work Monday thru Wednesday.   

Here's hoping we have a beautiful Memorial Day weekend (next weekend).   We are going to head down to our shore house on Friday to do a once over on everything then head back home Saturday morning as the renters are to arrive around noon Saturday.   

Lovely retired couple that has been renting from us for over 15 yrs.    They always enjoy arriving Memorial Day weekend and staying for 2 weeks.    This year they booked for 3 weeks (leave June 15th).   

We will be staying at the house June 15th to June 29th then it is fully booked up through end of September.

• Like 12

On 5/17/2024 at 12:19 PM, Sea Dog said:

Nice thing is that I have many friends from the class of 1974 that I still keep in contact with.

Thanks Joe! I would run after you but probably would trip and fall. 😁

Have a great time. I always have fun at our reunions.

I have friends from Pre-K,Elementary School ,HS and one from college.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Are you there for just the weekend?

There does seem to be plenty of activities. It is on my list of places to visit when I kick-off my "Where will I move to" tour of the south, which at this moment is just a distant thought.

Just for the day 😞 

Taking a Greyhound Bus..............Leaves are area at 9am, gets there at 12 noon.

Take a return bus home at 5:45pm, be home at around 8:30pm.

This will be a good trial run for if we want to go catch an NFL game this year. Perfect Bus times for a 1pm game for a Carolina Panthers game. Still deciding what game we want to go see, Maybe the Kansas City Chiefs or Dallas Cowboys?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Luckynana said:

My Grandson Jack has been at it again!  Last week, we attended a Congressional Art Contest for High School Students, where the winner's picture would be hanging in Congress for an entire year.  The whole affair was lovely...it was catered prior to the Awards.  There were 100 entries that were judged, and Jack's picture called "A Cup of Sea".  Jack came in 7th Place and several people came up to him saying that his picture was their favorite.

Today, at the New Jersey State High School Film Challenge 2024,  Jack was awarded "Best Film Director" for the film that he and his group had entered into the Contest.

His group consists of 6 students.  They spent many days filming this film that could only be 3 minutes long.  Jack would spend endless hours editing, etc.  Jack's group also won "Best Overall Film" for their film titled "Fire".  The group also won "Best Production Design" for their film.

Last year, Jack won "Best Documentary" for his film. 

This kid, though...❤️

Congratulation on Jacks achievements.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Dani, thank you so much for your kind words.  "Naches" describes our proud enjoyment and love of Jack perfectly!  I love learning so much from you, as well as from @BonTexasNYBonnie, and @lenquixote66 Lenny, with regard to your customs as well as words from the Yiddish dictionary.

Love you, Dani!❤️  Can't wait to meet you next year!🥰

My I was growing up my parents only spoke Yiddish at home.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

The project to bring a new kitten into my daughter's house is going well. They are enjoying playing together, chasing each other around the house.  They no longer need to be kept separated.

IMG_7725.thumb.JPEG.86875cf6692926ae4ebd75be44a277f4.JPEG

Great picture of the future besties.

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@bobmacliberty

NEKO is adorable Dani. That little face 😍!

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Not yet.  I'm working up the enthusiasm to take the whole chicken out of the freezer and try the rotisserie tomorrow.  As you know, there are a lot of good restaurants nearby that are competing for my attention (and winning).  I had a couple of Ahi tuna tacos and a couple of local IPAs at Slider's Tiki Bar last night while watching golf on TV, looking at the ocean, and listening to live music.  It's hard to compete with that.  

Plus they do the dishes 😉!

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Of course, since he doesn’t have Big Brain Syndrome he can’t imagine the potential pitfalls.  (In my next life I, too, would like to blithely assume everything will all work out…). 

Andy and I have this same combination of personalities. It works out quite nicely…..for him, LOL. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Deb.  That is exactly what Jack is planning on pursuing.  He amazes me with the knowledge in his head.  He is our "go to" guy.  He actually built his own computer years ago as a young boy.  He requested and got all of the parts for Christmas.  This was way before he started high school.  Jack is now a Junior.  He spends so much time producing and editing.  He always has a camera in hand also.  The school trusts him and his small group with any equipment that he needs.  He went to a College upstate last year and saw that the equipment he uses in his school is much more updated than what this particular College offered.  The kid knows his stuff!😉

Deb, how is your daughter doing?

She’s doing well but would gladly give birth tomorrow lol. As of Friday’s appointment, no effacement or dilation yet. She still has 12 days until the calculated due date though. The good news is that at her appointment 2 weeks ago, ultrasound showed that he’s head down, no longer breech. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

The thing that we're missing around here is good Indian food.  

I’ve read great things about Masala Mantra in north Jax.  If you’re ever in that area…. It’s only 25 minutes away from us on 17 but we haven’t been yet.

• Like 1