Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

38 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Trying to keep a semblance of "routine" amidst the escalating madness....

This is our [private] shelter room -- All are located inside the building (no outside walls), reinforced concrete, the door [when properly closed] is anti gas and anti shrapnel. Arrows -- air ducts, where we can adapt an anti gas filter....

20210511_173840.jpg

20210511_173551.jpg

20210511_173724.jpg

OMG Dani...that is so sad you have to go through that.  😥  With all that is going on in the world with Covid, and now you have to deal with that.  Demons of the world be damned.  

Hope you stay safe, and this is over with soon.  

Just tried to pull up your situation on the news on TV and can't find any station covering it.  Not even CNN, which needs to report it.  Found it all over the web news though.  Worthless TV news channels.    

Scary for you all for sure.  😮 

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, island lady said:

OMG Dani...that is so sad you have to go through that.  😥  With all that is going on in the world with Covid, and now you have to deal with that.  Demons of the world be damned.  

Hope you stay safe, and this is over with soon.  

10 minutes ago, Sheal said:

Dani,

I'm sorry to hear that the situation has worsened.  Being safe at home is something many of us take for granted.  I am so sorry you are going through this!  

14 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Wow Dani. I can’t fathom what this would be like.  Our thoughts to you and your fellow countrymen.

14 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Indeed.  

Thank you everyone.🧡

I'm usually a spirited person, but this time I'm feeling very glum. I can't see an end to the violence from both sides.

I'll just say this -- human life for me, my family, my friends and a larger circle around us -- is sacred. No territories, no "stones" are worth the loss of even one life.

If there is peace -- you can worship anywhere, without "actually owning" the "land".

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, island lady said:

Scary for you all for sure.

Scary for us all....seeing this this morning I kept thinking about 9-11 standing in front of my TV with my jaw on the floor,..,no telling when this might escalate to the world scene.  Iran scares the Bj outa me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you everyone.🧡

I'm usually a spirited person, but this time I'm feeling very glum. I can't see an end to the violence from both sides.

I'll just say this -- human life for me, my family, my friends and a larger circle around us -- is sacred. No territories, no "stones" are worth the loss of even one life.

If there is peace -- you can worship anywhere, without "actually owning" the "land".

I am so sorry that you and everyone around you are going through so much, I cannot even start to imagine how difficult it must be.  Take care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

so what is the filtering media if not DE?  Just wondering. I have an old Apollo VA-52 DE filter (we're talking OLD too...installed in '89). 

Not sure what the filter media is but guessing some sort of poly that looks like thin paper, arranged in pleats so that there's a lot of surface area.  They claim that these filters can hold up to 2-3 times as much dirt as other filters so that many pools can go an entire season without needing any filter attention.  When they do get dirty, you take the top off the tank and hose them down.  I do that once a season about a month after opening since we don't get all of the crap out from the winter.  More details here.

Answer to above....  

"Quoth the Raven nevermore".  😄  

Goofy Raven hopped right over to our car, looking like he wanted to jump right in with us when I opened the car door as we parked on the side street in Mendocino.  Guess he didn't like that I didn't have any Raven food with us. 😄 

20210510_111642.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Anne.

Sadly, it's getting worse. They're now firing lots of rockets in the same time, which "Iron Dome" has difficulty to tackle. In less than 24 hours, almost 500 rockets were fired.

We're "lucky" in the sense that our city is, for now, at the limit of their rockets range from the south.

We have a minute alert, whereas in the south they have 15 seconds to find shelter.

Dani this is terrible and we really feel for you and your family as well as your fellow compatriots.

Our late parents told us about 1939-1945 and outside bomb shelter's and how frightening it was.

Sending you all our very best wishes and prayers for your safety now and in the future.

Lots of love from Pauline and Graham xx

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, island lady said:

How are you doing Dani?  Keep posting so we know you are OK.  

Hoping things are calming down there now, and you and yours are staying safe.  

I’m posting from the shelter. For the last half hour, an enormous and unprecedented number of missiles to Tel Aviv and north, where we are. We were used to one missile and then a bit of respite.

Not now. ... DS1 is in Tel Aviv, renting in a very old building. Sent pic. No shelter....

DS2 is in Modi’in, new building, with the kids in the shelter.

image.thumb.jpeg.c019a2cf04ba73b2510e2095c74141a5.jpeg

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I’m posting from the shelter. For the last half hour, an enormous and unprecedented number of missiles to Tel Aviv and north, where we are. We were used to one missile and then a bit of respite.

Not now. ... DS1 is in Tel Aviv, renting in a very old building. Sent pic. No shelter....

Breaking news in UK says Hamas has launched over 130 rockets at Tel Aviv.

Our prayers for you all Dani.

We are desperately sorry to hear what you are going through.

Graham and Pauline.x

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just finished educating myself on this latest attack on you.  Wish we could do something to help.

Please know we are  thinking and worrying about you and yours.  Keep us informed.❤️

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Lunch at Trillian in Mendocino.  Nice garden area, bottle of local Sauvignon Blanc.  Then Bucky "just had" to have the featured "Smores" cake for dessert.  😉 

Yum yummy. A great place to have a perfect lunch with wine and something for the sweet tooth. Life is good. Who needs a cruise.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

So horrible, my heart goes out to you all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Answer to above....  

"Quoth the Raven nevermore".  😄  

Goofy Raven hopped right over to our car, looking like he wanted to jump right in with us when I opened the car door as we parked on the side street in Mendocino.  Guess he didn't like that I didn't have any Raven food with us. 😄 

Crap! I was focused on the bush. Last year we were in a rental car in Montana when one of those big suckers flew into the car and busted off the drivers side mirror. To add insult to injury, the damn thing shook off the impact with us and flew away. One tough bird! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Yum yummy. A great place to have a perfect lunch with wine and something for the sweet tooth. Life is good. Who needs a cruise.  

Yeah, no cruise going on...but indeed we are doing what we can to make up for it.  

Feel guilty though that we are enjoying our life here...and poor Dani is going through so much.  Not fair.  Those demons firing the rockets need to get a grip and stop their carnage, which gets them no where.  

• Like 3