Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Dates are set for selling our Ohio house.  The photographer will be here next Monday (17th) to take pictures.  Our agent tells us that the house needs to be perfect on that day.  The house then goes online as "coming soon" on Wed the 19th for 2 days before going live on Fri 21st.  The coming soon phase is to get people excited and have them schedule a 30 minute slot on Friday or Saturday to tour the house. All offers must be in by Sunday night.  Our agent expects 20+ showings and 5 offers.  Our asking price is $40K more than what we expected to list for just 6 months ago.  😲  The market is crazy.

We've been spending the last week decluttering and fixing a lot of little things that he hadn't really noticed needed fixing.  We have a couple of larger things still to do but are almost ready for pictures on Monday.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Dates are set for selling our Ohio house.  The photographer will be here next Monday (17th) to take pictures.  Our agent tells us that the house needs to be perfect on that day.  The house then goes online as "coming soon" on Wed the 19th for 2 days before going live on Fri 21st.  The coming soon phase is to get people excited and have them schedule a 30 minute slot on Friday or Saturday to tour the house. All offers must be in by Sunday night.  Our agent expects 20+ showings and 5 offers.  Our asking price is $40K more than what we expected to list for just 6 months ago.  😲  The market is crazy.

We've been spending the last week decluttering and fixing a lot of little things that he hadn't really noticed needed fixing.  We have a couple of larger things still to do but are almost ready for pictures on Monday.

Sounds like a great plan and with how fast homes are slowing I'm sure you will be under contract with a buyer by next weekend and maybe for more than list price.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Hello Graham- 

I noticed that you posted photos from a recent driving trip to the Lake District.

Is that area the location of Beatrix Potter’s home,or is that located in the Scottish Lake District?

She is one of my favorite children’s authors and I have wanted to visit her home for a very long time.

I did a research paper about Beatrix Potter for my undergraduate teaching degree and developed an infinity for her work. Many of my nieces and my Godchild were gifted her books and stuffed animals of the various characters she created. Recently, our great niece received the book,Peter Rabbit ,and a stuffed Peter for her first birthday- starting her young to,hopefully, develop a love of reading!

But, back to my question- have you and Pauline seen her home if,in fact, it is near the Lake District that you visit ?

Wishing you and Pauline a good day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Today started "routine" ....

DH met a long lost friend in the morning, and in the afternoon I was supposed to meet a friend for coffee at the nearby mall -- kind of "tit for tat" 😁 

5PM. The danger of rockets "flying" started to rise in the region, and the friend called to cancel. She had polio in childhood, is walking with a roller and was afraid that at the mall she will miss the public shelter [should the need arise]....

And, indeed, rockets started flying.... and still are.

We just finished preparing for the night our shelter room, which was full of toys, old baby carriers and other grandkids' "paraphernalia"... Hoping no sirens will sound during the night -- I'm too old for this😢

This makes me sad, mad and sick to my stomach.

Please stay safe!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

Ours did the coming soon on Wednesday as well, with the official listing going live on Friday. sold by Saturday night 🙂

SO excited for you!

Would love it if we followed you exactly.  Feels like we are stretching a bit with our list price but our agent says that our backyard pool area is a huge positive right now.  Normally a small % of buyers actively want a pool, and many are dead set against it.  Now, they are big sellers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sounds like a great plan and with how fast homes are slowing I'm sure you will be under contract with a buyer by next weekend and maybe for more than list price.  Good luck!

That was supposed to be selling, bot slowing.  Sorry😮

16 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

They put something called polymeric sand between them

Wish I would have had that put in when our paved walkways were installed. I'm sure it helps cut down on the weeds. Every summer one of my projects is to use a putty knife to scrape all the weeds and moss out from between the stones, and then I add (regular) play sand over the top - maybe should start adding the polymeric. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Would love it if we followed you exactly.  Feels like we are stretching a bit with our list price but our agent says that our backyard pool area is a huge positive right now.  Normally a small % of buyers actively want a pool, and many are dead set against it.  Now, they are big sellers.

We have a friend who is a real estate agent and she said the same thing. Prices in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area), are up around 16% year over year, with prices for houses with pools experiencing a slightly higher increase. But the biggest movers are the prices for cottages. In Ontario, cottage country prices have gone up 40-60% year over year! 

Edited by DirtyDawg

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Hello Graham- 

I noticed that you posted photos from a recent driving trip to the Lake District.

Is that area the location of Beatrix Potter’s home,or is that located in the Scottish Lake District?

She is one of my favorite children’s authors and I have wanted to visit her home for a very long time.

I did a research paper about Beatrix Potter for my undergraduate teaching degree and developed an infinity for her work. Many of my nieces and my Godchild were gifted her books and stuffed animals of the various characters she created. Recently, our great niece received the book,Peter Rabbit ,and a stuffed Peter for her first birthday- starting her young to,hopefully, develop a love of reading!

But, back to my question- have you and Pauline seen her home if,in fact, it is near the Lake District that you visit ?

Hi MJSailors.

Beatrix Potter was from the England Lake District.

There is a Beatrix Potter tourist attraction in Bowness and Hill top farm at Sawrey near Ambleside on lake Windermere is only about 5 miles away from Bowness on Lake Windermere.

Screenshot_20210511_161237.jpg

Screenshot_20210511_161514.jpg

Screenshot_20210511_161406.jpg

Edited by grapau27

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Hello Graham- 

Not @grapau27, but also "into" [England] Lake District, after reading those books. It is where Miss Potter had her home.

20210511_173239.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Not @grapau27, but also "into" [England] Lake District, after reading those books. It is where Miss Potter had her home.

20210511_173239.jpg

Dani

it is good to hear from you.  Are things calmer now?

Anne

Trying to keep a semblance of "routine" amidst the escalating madness....

This is our [private] shelter room -- All are located inside the building (no outside walls), reinforced concrete, the door [when properly closed] is anti gas and anti shrapnel. Arrows -- air ducts, where we can adapt an anti gas filter....

20210511_173840.jpg

20210511_173551.jpg

20210511_173724.jpg

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, ATG said:

Dani

it is good to hear from you.  Are things calmer now?

Anne

Thanks, Anne.

Sadly, it's getting worse. They're now firing lots of rockets in the same time, which "Iron Dome" has difficulty to tackle. In less than 24 hours, almost 500 rockets were fired.

We're "lucky" in the sense that our city is, for now, at the limit of their rockets range from the south.

We have a minute alert, whereas in the south they have 15 seconds to find shelter.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Have you gotten down to Morro Bay or is that to far from where you are staying?  It is beautiful.

I believe Morro Bay is quite a ways south of San Fran...and about a 7 hour drive from where we just north of Point Arena.  We are only 27 miles from Mendocino.  Staying in northern CA.  

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

I believe Morro Bay is quite a ways south of San Fran...and about a 7 hour drive from where we just north of Point Arena.  We are only 27 miles from Mendocino.  Staying in northern CA.  

Ah, you are in a beautiful area.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Guessing your home will sell quickly, with buyers out bidding themselves for the privilege of owning it.  🙂 

19 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Anne.

Sadly, it's getting worse. They're now firing lots of rockets in the same time, which "Iron Dome" has difficulty to tackle. In less than 24 hours, almost 500 rockets were fired.

We're "lucky" in the sense that our city is, for now, at the limit of their rockets range from the south.

We have a minute alert, whereas in the south they have 15 seconds to find shelter.

Wow Dani. I can’t fathom what this would be like.  Our thoughts to you and your fellow countrymen.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1