Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

19 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Today started "routine" ....

DH met a long lost friend in the morning, and in the afternoon I was supposed to meet a friend for coffee at the nearby mall -- kind of "tit for tat" 😁 

5PM. The danger of rockets "flying" started to rise in the region, and the friend called to cancel. She had polio in childhood, is walking with a roller and was afraid that at the mall she will miss the public shelter [should the need arise]....

And, indeed, rockets started flying.... and still are.

We just finished preparing for the night our shelter room, which was full of toys, old baby carriers and other grandkids' "paraphernalia"... Hoping no sirens will sound during the night -- I'm too old for this😢

I am so sorry.  Stay safe and prayers for a quite night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

We just finished preparing for the night our shelter room, which was full of toys, old baby carriers and other grandkids' "paraphernalia"... Hoping no sirens will sound during the night -- I'm too old for this😢

Hoping for a safe and peaceful night for you.

M

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wow I'm Jealous - I wish I had that view every day on a balcony!    Looks beautiful and how amazing that he connected with BFF from 40-yrs ago.    That is Wonderful 😍

Someone from their old school opened a FB group, and people started posting pictures and asking about the whereabouts of this and that.

DH posted a picture of the Miami guy and of another one, they were the 3 Musketeers...

The Miami guy saw it, and immediately replied that he was in contact with the other guy, but he died quite young, and then he left Israel, started a family and lost contact with everyone here.

DH spook with him on Whatsup, all during the Covid year, and he got here the moment it was possible. They fixed to meet Wednesday and travel to their old school, which still exists, and revisit "haunting" places. I don't know now, with the new "situation", if it will be a "go"....

19 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh no, I hope you don't have to go to shelter room.    Stay safe and please keep us posted.    curious, do you have internet in a shelter room?

Yes, we do. It's 2 bars instead of 3, but usually we don't "spend" more than a quarter of an hour inside. The "all clear" is sounded very quickly if our "Iron Dome" manages to intercept the missiles. They just wait for the pieces to fall down.

The "Iron Dome" doesn't "bother" if the computer tells it that the missile will fall in an open space.

Sadly, we have a lot of practice......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

DH met a long lost friend in the morning, and in the afternoon I was supposed to meet a friend for coffee at the nearby mall -- kind of "tit for tat" 😁 

5PM. The danger of rockets "flying" started to rise in the region, and the friend called to cancel. She had polio in childhood, is walking with a roller and was afraid that at the mall she will miss the public shelter [should the need arise]....

Stay Safe🙏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

DH recently found one of his BFF from elementary school on FB.

The guy left Israel for Miami more than 40 years ago. He arrived more than 2 weeks ago, quarantined and today they finally met, in his rented apt. just on Tel Aviv's main beach.

It seems that he cannot live without seeing the sea 😁

That's from his balcony [and from US embassy in Tel Aviv 😉] --

_DSC3886.JPG

Really beautiful!

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Stay safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Dani, stay safe.  We are all thinking of you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2021 at 1:20 PM, George C said:

getting ready to go to brunch, here is the menu

CHOICE OF STARTER
Caesar Salad  Whole leaf hearts of romaine, roasted garlic Caesar dressing, whole anchovies, shaved parmesan
Table 13 House Salad – Our signature blend of field greens, red onions, baby heirloom tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, zesty herb vinaigrette
Seared Ahi Tuna  Pickled carrots, cucumber, and red onions tossed with sweet chili sauce and baby arugula
Lobster Bisque – Creamy and savory 

CHOICE OF MAIN COURSE
Filet Mignon – 6 oz filet, topped with maître d’butter, and served with garlic mashed potatoes with roasted beef gravy   9 oz add $10
Roasted Prime Ribeye – Served with scalloped potatoes and sautéed vegetables 
Pecan Crusted Salmon – Served with sautéed spinach and mushroom risotto
Shrimp Scampi  Grilled U10 shrimp, sautéed with garlic butter, parsley, tomatoes and spinach served over a bed of angel hair pasta
Steak and Eggs Benedict  English muffin halves topped with sliced tenderloin, two poached eggs and hollandaise sauce, served with pan fried potatoes and fresh fruit
Lobster and Eggs Benedict – English muffin halves topped with chunk lobster, two poached eggs and hollandaise sauce, served with pan fried potatoes and fresh, seasonal fruit

CHOICE OF DESSERT
Dark Chocolate Torte – Served with fresh berries and whipped cream
Lemon Cake – Zesty, light and dreamy 
Crème Brûlée  Rich custard topped with caramelized sugar and fresh berries

did same brunch on Easter , lobster eggs benedict was great, this place also has live music

Sounds delicious! I so want that Lobster Benedict!!!!😁

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

🙏Praying for your safety and peace everywhere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

DH recently found one of his BFF from elementary school on FB.

The guy left Israel for Miami more than 40 years ago. He arrived more than 2 weeks ago, quarantined and today they finally met, in his rented apt. just on Tel Aviv's main beach.

It seems that he cannot live without seeing the sea 😁

That's from his balcony [and from US embassy in Tel Aviv 😉] --

_DSC3886.JPG

My father loved the ocean.He would take a bus and a train every Sunday in every type of weather to swim in the ocean.He always wanted to live nearby .Finally at age 73 he found an apartment 1/2 block away from the beach .

• Like 2

Someone from their old school opened a FB group, and people started posting pictures and asking about the whereabouts of this and that.

DH posted a picture of the Miami guy and of another one, they were the 3 Musketeers...

The Miami guy saw it, and immediately replied that he was in contact with the other guy, but he died quite young, and then he left Israel, started a family and lost contact with everyone here.

DH spook with him on Whatsup, all during the Covid year, and he got here the moment it was possible. They fixed to meet Wednesday and travel to their old school, which still exists, and revisit "haunting" places. I don't know now, with the new "situation", if it will be a "go"....

Yes, we do. It's 2 bars instead of 3, but usually we don't "spend" more than a quarter of an hour inside. The "all clear" is sounded very quickly if our "Iron Dome" manages to intercept the missiles. They just wait for the pieces to fall down.

The "Iron Dome" doesn't "bother" if the computer tells it that the missile will fall in an open space.

Sadly, we have a lot of practice......

I just got home from a busy day at work and heard the news of today's events in Israel.  You and your family and friends are in our prayers.  We love you🥰

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hoping and praying for a time when there will be no more sirens but not likely to ever be unfortunately.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I can't even begin to imagine. Be safe. Prayers for you and your family.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2021 at 2:07 PM, island lady said:

Ventured north of the Lighthouse up Coastal Hwy 1 to find a state park that was all sand dunes and wild ocean (and very chilly right now).   Had no idea there were so many sand dunes along the area.   And yeah, Bucky in his usual flip flops.

Surprised at all the wild flowers growing so well in the sand and found this Buck happily munching on one of the sand dune trees. 

Have you gotten down to Morro Bay or is that to far from where you are staying?  It is beautiful.

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I thought of you when I heard the news headlines while driving today.  Be safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dani, prayers that you and all of Israel stay safe.

I started a new part time job in a remodeling store, Office Assistant, came home dead tired, took a nap and Jack told me about the attack not long ago.

Israel stay strong!

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Sending you our prayers Dani.

This must be very frightening for you all in Israel.

I hope everything calms down very quickly for everyone in Israel.

Lots of love from us both.xx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Stay safe.

• Thanks 1