Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

32 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I’m posting from the shelter. For the last half hour, an enormous and unprecedented number of missiles to Tel Aviv and north, where we are. We were used to one missile and then a bit of respite.

Not now. ... DS1 is in Tel Aviv, renting in a very old building. Sent pic. No shelter....

DS2 is in Modi’in, new building, with the kids in the shelter.

image.thumb.jpeg.c019a2cf04ba73b2510e2095c74141a5.jpeg

OMG...how scary!  Hope it all ends up passing soon and you all make it through this.  

Sending good will wishes that it will all  be over with soon.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Crap! I was focused on the bush. Last year we were in a rental car in Montana when one of those big suckers flew into the car and busted off the drivers side mirror. To add insult to injury, the damn thing shook off the impact with us and flew away. One tough bird! 

No wonder Balmer named their football team after this psycho bird

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Crap! I was focused on the bush. Last year we were in a rental car in Montana when one of those big suckers flew into the car and busted off the drivers side mirror. To add insult to injury, the damn thing shook off the impact with us and flew away. One tough bird! 

Mmm...indeed.  Kind of sounds like you and Bucky

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yeah, no cruise going on...but indeed we are doing what we can to make up for it.  

Feel guilty though that we are enjoying our life here...and poor Dani is going through so much.  Not fair.  Those demons firing the rockets need to get a grip and stop their carnage, which gets them no where.  

Dani knows we all are thinking about her and her family even though most of us are pressing on with our lives. I'm sure she would have it no other way and you taking the time to take us all along on your trip is helping Dani and enjoys the diversion.  🍷

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Mmm...indeed.  Kind of sounds like you and Bucky

In the heat of the moment I did show the raven/crow my big bird and also didn't forget to mention his mother either. 🤣

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I’m posting from the shelter. For the last half hour, an enormous and unprecedented number of missiles to Tel Aviv and north, where we are. We were used to one missile and then a bit of respite.

Not now. ... DS1 is in Tel Aviv, renting in a very old building. Sent pic. No shelter....

DS2 is in Modi’in, new building, with the kids in the shelter.

image.thumb.jpeg.c019a2cf04ba73b2510e2095c74141a5.jpeg

Prayers for your continued safety. I'm following the live feed on Haaretz and it looks just awful over there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Dani knows we all are thinking about her and her family even though most of us are pressing on with our lives. I'm sure she would have it no other way and you taking the time to take us all along on your trip is helping Dani and enjoys the diversion.  

Thanks, Dave, spot on.

We just got out of the shelter room, we're supposed to be within a few second away from it, so I'm sitting on my computer, reading CC.

IT's A BIG HELP, 🙏

• Like 22

1 minute ago, DCGuy64 said:

Prayers for your continued safety. I'm following the live feed on Haaretz and it looks just awful over there.

Thanks. The 130 missiles fired to Tel Aviv and surroundings is without precedent. We never in Hertzlia spent more than a few minutes in the shelter.

Just to think that yesterday was just a regular day [regular for Israel, that is], and now we are at WAR 😢

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, dani negreanu said:

Thanks. The 130 missiles fired to Tel Aviv and surroundings is without precedent. We never in Hertzlia spent more than a few minutes in the shelter.

Just to think that yesterday was just a regular day [regular for Israel, that is], and now we are at WAR 😢

I pray these attacks end ASAP. The German foreign minister has called on Hamas to stop. Ugh, what a horrible situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was looking at a website called Flightradar24,  that tracks airplanes using a radio called ADS-B, that is used by air traffic control.  One feature it shows are the most watched flights.  People have been watching traffic to Tel Aviv, and you could see the airline flights being held in holding patterns till it is safe to land.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

From the left side, those are "Iron Dome"' anti-missiles ...

OMG that is frightening. Stay safe. Thank you for updating us. We love you and care for you.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Anne.

Sadly, it's getting worse. They're now firing lots of rockets in the same time, which "Iron Dome" has difficulty to tackle. In less than 24 hours, almost 500 rockets were fired.

We're "lucky" in the sense that our city is, for now, at the limit of their rockets range from the south.

We have a minute alert, whereas in the south they have 15 seconds to find shelter.

Sunday morning I was on a zoom call with friends living in Israel.Everything was peaceful . Now as you know it is crazy once again.I hope there will one day be peace in my lifetime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't even imagine missile strikes on somewhere I live. Absolutely unfathomable. I hope you and your family stay safe and others are mostly unharmed. 

The videos of the Iron Dome defense system are absolutely amazing. I have heard of it, but have never seen such personal videos of it in action. Thank you for sharing the information Dani. It is unique (for me) to hear a first hand account of such a awful crisis. That would be really scary. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1