Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Don’t worry how good it is, we just want to enjoy y’all excitement of being back to cruising.

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just post to John's thread when, and if, you feel like it. I think it works much better than multiple threads about the same cruise. The one's that I have been a part of have turned out to be a lot of fun.

Renee, listen to the people!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I know I mentioned it on the other threads, but thought I’d mention it here. Mike and I will be on the same test cruise as John. I was getting my hair cut yesterday because I thought there might be a chance that we would be on it and also because it seriously needed it. I found out several hours later that we were indeed on it. We are thrilled. 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼 🍹🍾🥂 

WOW!!  What terrific news!  Congratulations!!

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

People are telling her to find another doctor.However,as I have posted previously my wife has a problem similiar to hemophilia and this doctor was the only one of four who we were considering who was concerned about bleeding.He conferred with my wife’s Hematologist.

He also treats me for an illness.

Find a new doctor why? Some people should keep their opinions to themselves. If she has a doctor she is comfortable with then that is what matters.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I take four 200 mg.cranberry chewable tablets every morning.I have not had a UTI problem in many years.

UTI's are not as common in males as females. It has to do with the anatomical differences.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sheal said:

Renee and John, how did you end up being able to take part in the test cruises?  Initially I heard 100K signed up, how did they determine who was chosen?  That was a lucky haircut.  When do you go?

My method of password safekeeping involves a little book like Micheline and Bonnie's encrypted notes in "notebook" on the phone,  nothing financial though.  I also have a printout with just the important financial accounts and passwords.  I gave a copy to my MIL and daughter to store in their safes along with a copy in our home safe and the bank box.  If they really want the financial passwords they will need to dig through the filing cabinet.  Most likely they will find it isn't worth the time. LOL

I most likely got picked based on C&A status

Pinnacle level. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

@BonTexasNY I have never done a review before and I don’t think I would be very good. I’ll be following along with others as John does his. I might post a comment or so, but not really sure.

Please share as a participant 

The more the merrier

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

So, I decided to go to med school.  I diagnosed myself with a UTI and went to my Doctor.  He said I had to wait on a culture until he would prescribe antibiotics.  Four days later I have antibiotics!  If I could prescribe I would be four days ahead of the game🤪 Seriously, he is a really good, cautious Doctor and has been great to us for over thirty years.

Since we moved to NJ 4 years ago, we began going to a PA that we haven't been overly fond of.  I had a rash on my nose that I wanted her to check, and when I said it looked like something my daughter had had years ago, she sarcastically said "Oh, so now you've begun diagnosing yourself?"  I then went for my dermatologist appt. and was treated for exactly what I had thought the rash was.🤨

• Like 4

7 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

So, I decided to go to med school.  I diagnosed myself with a UTI and went to my Doctor.  He said I had to wait on a culture until he would prescribe antibiotics.  Four days later I have antibiotics!  If I could prescribe I would be four days ahead of the game🤪 Seriously, he is a really good, cautious Doctor and has been great to us for over thirty years.

I can help with that😇

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Since we moved to NJ 4 years ago, we began going to a PA that we haven't been overly fond of.  I had a rash on my nose that I wanted her to check, and when I said it looked like something my daughter had had years ago, she sarcastically said "Oh, so now you've begun diagnosing yourself?"  I then went for my dermatologist appt. and was treated for exactly what I had thought the rash was.🤨

Here is some unsolicited advice... go to a doctor.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yes,we have heard this.Due to my wife’s bleeding problem she has stayed away from surgery for many years and psyched herself to have the procedure today.I was and still am to a degree very scared.My daughters were going to be here with me.Now we have to do it all over again.

I am so very sorry to hear this, Lenny.  I truly understand the fear you both are feeling.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

It’s not easy to find a PCP.  I had one for almost 20 years who I loved; followed her to 3 different practices in RI.  Last April she moved out of state.  I was assigned to another Dr in the practice who is quite young, but fortunately I do like her. Who knows how long she’ll stick around.  DH has had the same issue - getting comfortable with someone and they leave/move.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Here is some unsolicited advice... go to a doctor.

We've always only had doctors, until moving here in NJ.  There is a doctor in the office....I've never met him in the 4 years we've been here.  I needed an Endocrinologist in Florida.. I made an appt with the doctor..you guessed it!  A Nurse Practitioner.  I did see the doctor walk by...same as in dermatologist office, another Nurse Practitioner.  It's not easy, as a new patient, it seems, to actually get a doctor these days.😉

• Like 5