Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Chef is having another meltdown on Below Deck.

I don't think it's another meltdown. It's just a continuation. Has he had to get up in the middle of the night yet, just to make snacks for the guests? 

Did he walk off? Did Lexi get fired?

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We've always only had doctors, until moving here in NJ.  There is a doctor in the office....I've never met him in the 4 years we've been here.  I needed an Endocrinologist in Florida.. I made an appt with the doctor..you guessed it!  A Nurse Practitioner.  I did see the doctor walk by...same as in dermatologist office, another Nurse Practitioner.  It's not easy, as a new patient, it seems, to actually get a doctor these days.😉

The few times I've seen my Doctor's PA I found her to be compassionate, took the time to listen and talk to me and her advice was spot on.  Like  most, however, I still prefer an MD. Years ago medical offices only had MDs.  Now it seems they all have NPs and PAs.  

Cute story: My father was in Mt. Sinai Hospital in NYC for surgery.  Surgeon came to talk to my mom and me after surgery.  My mom said "I remember when you were just a little boy running in and out of your father's office (He was a Doctor) in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.  .  Surgeon asked how my mother knew who he was.  She said "You have the same last name and you look exactly like your father".  His father was our family doctor for years in Brooklyn.  Small world, yes?

• Like 6

I cannot but comment on both the highs and lows on this thread the last 24 hours.

From the excitement of seeing the new house being constructed, anniversary celebrations, as well as great hiking get-a-ways,  to the other end of the spectrum, health issues  to having family member being place in Hospice, to ineffective team players.

Is it a full moon?

Being a nurse I believed the theory to be careful and get a lot of sleep before working on a full moon.

Because it usually would be a bad day/night.

But it has to bet better for those that struggled today.

Hopefully as the next few days come into play, everyday will show better outcomes for those who had challenging days and for those who had great days, keep the trend going.

Rest, stay calm, and just know we are all here to hear what you share.

Take care.

And as Annie would say   (don't even ask ------- Annie who!)

"The sun will come out tomorrow".

Sue

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sheal said:

Renee and John, how did you end up being able to take part in the test cruises?  Initially I heard 100K signed up, how did they determine who was chosen?  That was a lucky haircut.  When do you go?

Tomorrow is the cruise. I signed up around the end of last year. I also saw  something on FB about 2 weeks ago about signing up which I thought was odd since they had so many the first time. My guess is Royal’s IT lost the first list. 🤣🤣🤣 Not sure if other things were in play or just the luck of the draw.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, singinalot said:

we finally got to see the house today and while I’m still feeling a bit, I don’t know, disconnected or in disbelief, it is an absolute dream

So glad for you, C & N,

Didn't know it will take you a couple of days to see the new house, no pics were posted, I feared you might be disappointed seeing it "in person"....

I remember @bobmacliberty story that they saw a house "not in person", liked it very much, but when they finally arrived in Florida, were disappointed and didn't buy it...

Update on the wedding.  The vicar has confirmed that singing is allowed (they've got a choir to chivvy us along ) and no masks as long as every other pew is left empty which should be doable 

Good news 👏👍

• Like 10

7 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I don't think it's another meltdown. It's just a continuation. Has he had to get up in the middle of the night yet, just to make snacks for the guests? 

Did he walk off? Did Lexi get fired?

He did walk off the boat at like 1AM after getting angry at a night out dinner. Lexi did not get fired but needs to. She is toxic.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Update on the wedding.  The vicar has confirmed that singing is allowed (they've got a choir to chivvy us along ) and no masks as long as every other pew is left empty which should be doable 

Good news 👏👍

That's great news Sue.

Our Reverend said on Sunday that singing would be allowed from next Sunday in church and a member of the congregation would do the readings but asked if we would still social distance and wear a mask and holy communion would still be bread only.

Graham.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Good news 👏👍

I am so excited for you and cannot wait to hear all the details.

And Pictures.

Enjoy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

The few times I've seen my Doctor's PA I found her to be compassionate, took the time to listen and talk to me and her advice was spot on.  Like  most, however, I still prefer an MD. Years ago medical offices only had MDs.  Now it seems they all have NPs and PAs.  

Being a recently retired advanced practice nurse CRNA, and providing anesthesia for over 30 years, taking and providing services for all realms of cases from Open hearts, to Cranis, to major back surgeries to pediatrics and encompassing high risk OB as well as major traumas, gunshots as well as Gynecological, to general to Urological cases, I will honestly say I know my limitations and could always rely on my MD backup.

I Functioned autonomously, but always had a physician backup just moments away.  One physician, could cover 4 of us at one time.

To explain I was doing anesthesia for a nun (Sr. Mary) for her "simple"  knee arthroscopy when all of a sudden she started to show some EKG changes which quickly advanced to ischemia, and major ST elevation (Heart attack in the making).

I called my backup.

Surgeon stopped, we stated her to Cath Lab, and from the time of the EKG changes starting, she got 3 stents within 29 min.

I notified the Anesthesiologist and he got the consults moving, and the cath lab, jumped on it.

When she woke up, she still needed some work on her knee,, but (Sr. Mary I want to have a heart attack), recovered well and is still kicking today.

Great resources.

But.

Being an advanced practice nurse, and knowing my educational background and yes it was very challenging. I know my limitations and do not have the clinical nor didactic education as a physician.    I also prefer a physician as my primary care giver.

Our family doctor is a Family Practitioner, and I like it that way.

Recently when I went in I was offered to see the NP, and I kindly said No.

I respect their knowledge base, as mine, and I knew my limitations.  As I age, I want my Physician to be the one who evaluates and provides my care.

Nothing personal, but it is what it is.

Stay healthy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

That's great news Sue.

Our Reverend said on Sunday that singing would be allowed from next Sunday in church and a member of the congregation would do the readings but asked if we would still social distance and wear a mask and holy communion would still be bread only.

Graham.

Good news re the singing Graham . Yes our church is bread only though there has been readings from the congregation 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Good news 👏👍

46 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

That's great news Sue.

40 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

I am so excited for you and cannot wait to hear all the details.

And Pictures.

Enjoy

+1 👍 🌺

😁 .... Now, about that 800 calories per day diet ....😁

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

+1 👍 🌺

😁 .... Now, about that 800 calories per day diet ....😁

🤣 day five today, I had my PT session yesterday, she really pushed me and I felt very shaky, more than normal.  Think its too little fuel going in.  I've upped my water consumption.  Just been swimming, I don't feel too bad. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Well, the game went. 4-0 loss. Half the team come to win and the other half are as effective as the geese on the field. I can’t express what Owen said on the drive home but you can guess. 

We had three boys who played competitive team sports  when they were young so I know what Owen expressed on the drive home.😲

And yes, like Owen, the boys did not learn any of those words from theirs dads or their moms. 😉

• Like 2

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I did get some ospreys shots though. Something positive.

My oldest daughter played soccer when she was young.  Most of the girls on the field preferred watching the birds to watching the ball.  I remember watching one girl stop while playing and wave to her parents on the sideline.  Her father yelled for her to turn around because the ball was behind her and turned his finger in a circle in case she didn't hear him.  She obediently did a 360 degree turn and continued to look at her parents, almost as if to say, "what now?"  I would hope at Owen's age that they'd be beyond that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Doctors are one of the bigger problems with moving.  We now need to find a general practitioner, an eye doctor, a dermatologist (which was nearly impossible to do in Cincinnati), and a dentist.  We'll get some recommendations from neighbors but we'll be largely guessing based on online ratings (which must be taken with a grain of salt), who is taking new patients, who accepts our health insurance, and who is reasonably close to where we live.  Fortunately, Micheline got a good recommendation for a new gynecologic oncologist, which will hopefully just be a once a year formality visit.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, singinalot said:

no, the house is beautiful 🙂

Gorgeous house Crystal!  Wow.  Glass doors to the garage.  Very cool.  I see one thing though that needs to immediately be changed.  You need a MUCH bigger TV in that large room.  😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, singinalot said:

oh yes that’s already been discussed 🤣

we have 75” that we’ll probably put in the master bed instead

We moved a 75" TV from Cincinnati and had no place to put it, since we already had a 75" TV above the fireplace in our main TV watching room.  So we hung it on the wall of our bedroom.  It looks embarrassingly huge.  I figure that it should look more normal after watching it for a few months.

IMG_7374.thumb.jpg.853d34385e6b92c48e29b32ebe6e103b.jpg

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 2