Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

My 11 year old granddaughter and her softball team are now New York State Champions in their division!!!! They have been up in Rochester all week playing a bunch of games.0C440EEA-B411-4219-A3C9-42F32A2C6BB1.thumb.jpeg.824e85f003c638c07ead9733c5ebeefc.jpeg

Awesome, what great memories.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Unbelievable :

My wife’s surgery for tomorrow has been cancelled.The Surgeon tested positive for Covid even though he was vaccinated.

That really stinks.  Hate that for y’all.  I am seeing several vaxxed testing positive this week.  Sorry you have to put it off.

@h20skibum You are doing a great job.  What fun.  Thanks for sharing.

Just an idea.  Tomorrow morning get the kids together and tell them y’all are just going to sit around the house.  Make sure you get a picture of the reaction!  😊 

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, helen haywood said:

When my husband was having trouble getting his steak as he wanted in MSC YC, the maître d’ finally told him to say “con il sangue.”

No worries.  The wait staff never had problems understanding him.  "no blood, no red" is his mantra.

What is MSC YC?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

My 11 year old granddaughter and her softball team are now New York State Champions in their division!!!! They have been up in Rochester all week playing a bunch of games.0C440EEA-B411-4219-A3C9-42F32A2C6BB1.thumb.jpeg.824e85f003c638c07ead9733c5ebeefc.jpeg

What a wonderful achievement.  Congratulations!

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Unbelievable :

My wife’s surgery for tomorrow has been cancelled.The Surgeon tested positive for Covid even though he was vaccinated.

Same thing happened to my niece a couple of months ago.

18 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thank you. 

Had a couple of long conversations with the Italian captain when we were in the yacht club . I never met captain on recent and smaller celebrity cruise even though we were in one of the top suites. Not all the crew are Italian but lots are.

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Unbelievable :

Sorry to hear this Lenny, but it’s for the best to keep your wife save. Damn covid. 😡  Hopefully the doctor has mild to very little symptoms. Do you know if they test them regularly or is it only if they feel bad?

Edited by ReneeFLL

I know I mentioned it on the other threads, but thought I’d mention it here. Mike and I will be on the same test cruise as John. I was getting my hair cut yesterday because I thought there might be a chance that we would be on it and also because it seriously needed it. I found out several hours later that we were indeed on it. We are thrilled. 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼 🍹🍾🥂 

• Like 15

I seem to recall some talk a while back about safely storing passwords, Someone, maybe @bobmacliberty?, said they should never be saved on your phone. Does this include the Passwords feature on an I-phone where it asks if you want the pw saved? Is this the same as “keychain”?  DH has some saved in the Notes in his phone, I’m almost certain that’s not secure.  We’re not very tech savvy but trying to get better.  Any info will be greatly appreciated!

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Unbelievable :

Sorry to hear this Lenny.

Hopefully her surgery can be quickly rearranged.

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I know I mentioned it on the other threads, but thought I’d mention it here. Mike and I will be on the same test cruise as John. I was getting my hair cut yesterday because I thought there might be a chance that we would be on it and also because it seriously needed it. I found out several hours later that we were indeed on it. We are thrilled. 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼 🍹🍾🥂 

Delighted for you Renee and Mike.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Unbelievable :

My wife’s surgery for tomorrow has been cancelled. The Surgeon tested positive for Covid even though he was vaccinated.

So sorry, Lenny. Hopefully, the delay will not impact your wife's health.

The surgeon is not alone, sadly. It seems that the efficiency against the Delta variant has been cut in more than half, according to studies here.

However, it remains highly efficient against a serious form of Covid....

Kol tuv, 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I found that I hated this one the most 

+1.

When we took our kids to amusement parks, I was "the designated parent", DH being afraid of almost all "things".... the only exception being the bumper cars, where I was more than happy to be left alone....

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I seem to recall some talk a while back about safely storing passwords, Someone, maybe @bobmacliberty?, said they should never be saved on your phone. Does this include the Passwords feature on an I-phone where it asks if you want the pw saved? Is this the same as “keychain”?  DH has some saved in the Notes in his phone, I’m almost certain that’s not secure.  We’re not very tech savvy but trying to get better.  Any info will be greatly appreciated!

As safe as an online site can be, I am old school and printed out a list of passwords and then deleted the list from my computer.   I abbreviated what the passwords are associated with like Cruise Critic is CRC.  Hard to decipher if uncovered by the unscrupulous.  AND the list is not easily found.

On a cruise note, I just read about a 2024 Silver Seas 5 month around the world cruise, starting at $72,000 p/p for the least expensive veranda cabin to $200.000 p/p for the most expensive one.  It's already sold out!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

On a cruise note, I just read about a 2024 Silver Seas 5 month around the world cruise, starting at $72,000 p/p for the least expensive veranda cabin to $200.000 p/p for the most expensive one.  It's already sold out!

Does it include laundry??? If so, I'll waitlist myself 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Can't wait to read all about it!

• Like 1