Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I think it’s just a matter of time before we need a booster shot for Covid, I have no problem with getting another shot, speaking of shots heading to our favorite restaurant that I rarely do for lunch but they have 3 dollar martinis until 4pm , I also have a designated driver , will also order some food. Only question is do I start with dirty martinis or lemon drop. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Heading to Ventura for a wedding this weekend. A good friend's oldest son is tying the knot. The wedding is at 4 pm tomorrow. I'm apparently getting lazy in my old age.  In the past I'd have driven down tomorrow morning and then driven back home late Saturday night/Sunday morning.  I'm actually heading down today, staying two nights and driving back Sunday morning.  Today will be dinner and shopping at the outlet mall.  Tomorrow I"m trying to convince my wife to come with me to the Reagan Presidential Library.  I've been before but It is the most interesting of all the presidential libraries I have been to and think it would interesting to go again.  

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Heading to Ventura for a wedding this weekend. A good friend's oldest son is tying the knot. The wedding is at 4 pm tomorrow. I'm apparently getting lazy in my old age.  In the past I'd have driven down tomorrow morning and then driven back home late Saturday night/Sunday morning.  I'm actually heading down today, staying two nights and driving back Sunday morning.  Today will be dinner and shopping at the outlet mall.  Tomorrow I"m trying to convince my wife to come with me to the Reagan Presidential Library.  I've been before but It is the most interesting of all the presidential libraries I have been to and think it would interesting to go again.  

The Reagan Presidential Library is wonderful.We were taken there by relatives who reside in California.Enjoy your trip.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The Reagan Presidential Library is wonderful.We were taken there by relatives who reside in California.Enjoy your trip.

He was president through my teen years.  A walk through that library is a nostalgic trip of my youth.  That's probably why I loved it so much.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Today so far has been an interesting yet safe day.

To start, while I was sleeping at the Hampton Inn located in Richmond Kentucky, with my head nestled amoungst 8 pillows (The gave me a room with 2 queen beds, each having 4 pillows).

At least they got that part right I am a queen.  You know spoiled and such, but we wont go there.

At exactly 2:18 am.  All hell broke loose.

I thought it was an ALIEN INVASION................WAR OF THE WORLDS.

One hell of a thunder and lightning storm.

So I grabbed as many pillows as I could, and fell asleep.

I do not know what happened, but at 3:38 am, woke up, ok, snuggled with my pillows.

Looked at the clock.

3:39 am

3:40 am

3:41 am

3:42 am

IT IS WHAT IT IS.

Crawled out of bed reluctantly, knowing I had a 6 hour drive ahead of me, and had to deal with Cincinnati road destruction (some call it construction).

I should mention, that I was bonding with the DD and now DS till around midnight, so I was able to get a little over 3 hours sleep.

So showered, packed up and was on the road home at 4:16am.

I was minding my own business driving, the roads were a little damp from the earlier storm, but I was able to keep up with traffic.  At times a tad fast, 82 mph on cruise control and cars were still passing me.

You see, my DD informed me that driving on the freeways in Kentucky the speed limit of 70 mph. is a suggestion, not a rule (well at least what the locals say) and (she is a local now).

When all of a sudden I heard such a clatter, looked out the back window to see what was a matter, and what to my wondering eyes would appear but a black and white car with shinning flashing blue  lights.

I knew in a moment It wasn't SANTA

I am screwed, so I do what any paranoid guilty person would do, I shut off cruise and drifted down to a safe speed of 75.  This way he would not see me braking to slow down.   (Ok Mr, I am a police man) and I am going to stop you------- came closer and closer, inch by inch until, he passed me.

WOW, was all I could say as caught my breath.

It seems he would get more money by stopping those who actually were driving faster than me, and sure enough up ahead he pulled over a BEAMER with his pretty blue lights still on.   I do not remember being passed by that car, but the policeman noticed him for whatever reason.

So now it is time to behave.

I started driving just 5-8 miles above the speed limit, because the DH says they will not stop you if you are going that amount over.

Got to Cincinnati about 6 ish, a little slow traffic, but not to painful.

The rest of the drive was uneventful, and saw a beautiful sunrise before I reached Columbus Ohio.

Arrived at the house at 10:40am.

Unpacked greeted the kitty, who ignored me.

Started to prepare for dinner, gotta still do those wifey duties.

Now I think those comfy couch pillows are calling me.  Now mind you I do not have 8, but it will do.

Take care.

Good story.  Glad you are safe at home.  

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Last night around dinner time we had several tornado warnings.     Later learned on local news channels that a tornado touched down in New Hope (not severe damage there) and another or same tornado touched down in Trevose/Feasterville and destroyed a large auto dealer and many other nearby homes.    We are nestled into between these 2 areas, very fortunate all good in my town.   

And that same tornado made it's way to Long Beach Island where our shore home is located and several homes, boats, etc. were damaged in Barnegat (couple miles from our shore house).      Amazing to hear no one was hurt just lots of property damage.      Very thankful. 

I think the red cross is setting up shelters for the people put out of their homes.    Will check further into this today and find out who or where to make donations that will actually make it to help these people.    

I thought about you and our other PA CC friends when I saw the news.  Glad everything missed you.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We started out the day with a trip to the dentist, then rain.  When the rain stopped, we had a surprise visit from my daughter, and the other two grandkids.  

Since this was one day we had nothing special planned, we made it an Olympic competition day.  

We had weight lifting. 

FD527219-D7F8-4451-93E7-B38C3E4CF4F7.thumb.jpeg.c5c737e093f7fc27761f6677709a9ea4.jpeg

And gymnastics 

6711EC55-AE85-4982-B320-93DEC351E613.thumb.jpeg.7753aba8a5c2ac3abddccaa56f32713b.jpeg

and races

412C4320-C484-4E6E-8EE1-DE389C5B13F4.thumb.jpeg.4aa5500e3af815752d3bb06fa0bb641a.jpeg

C6C4691B-3287-4F1C-A396-2FABD86CCA93.jpeg.772301367505d07f87777dcc029410d8.jpeg

I finally found a use for some of those medals I won on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. Everyone was a medalist. They all got a kick out of those. 

A6091ECF-EBBC-438A-B503-337A0DD0C146.thumb.jpeg.db2392b628e9c0ce5ad94992b2787d0a.jpeg

Dinner tonight was at Mizu’s

C15C77AF-8D92-4E9D-BBAF-6D4DFE4D75C4.thumb.jpeg.12368c627632f69fedac0d681f66db29.jpeg

Mark, this post put a big smile on my face.  You and your wife are such wonderful grandparents.  What a great idea, giving the kids the medals for their "Olympics"!😊

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Maryann, you sound just like me but unlike me you did very well with Dani's advice. In fact, a few minutes ago, I tried to respond to a few posts, clicked a wrong key and the quoted posts remained but the place to respond vanished, if that makes sense.  Even though I was advised repeatedly, I still have not mastered moving my cell phone photos to my laptop.

Glad your friend is on the mend.  

Bonnie, for our Anniversary, many beautiful pictures of our family were taken on our daughters' phones..I had left my phone home that evening, because I wouldn't be getting any phone calls or texts from my family since they were with me.  I screwed myself by not having my phone to take pictures;  my daughter sent me emails with all of the pictures, telling me to download it on my phone. Pfft...I downloaded, but can't get them onto my google gallery.  So, there's that!!!🥴

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

60°F and intermittent rain most of today.

We called at a nice hotel and ate in the conservatory overlooking nice gardens.

Stay safe everyone 😷.

Graham.

IMG_20210730_120528.jpg

IMG_20210730_121906.jpg

Graham, I just love all of the pictures of you and Pauline.  You look like such a happy couple!!!!

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Last night around dinner time we had several tornado warnings.     Later learned on local news channels that a tornado touched down in New Hope (not severe damage there) and another or same tornado touched down in Trevose/Feasterville and destroyed a large auto dealer and many other nearby homes.    We are nestled into between these 2 areas, very fortunate all good in my town.   

And that same tornado made it's way to Long Beach Island where our shore home is located and several homes, boats, etc. were damaged in Barnegat (couple miles from our shore house).      Amazing to hear no one was hurt just lots of property damage.      Very thankful. 

I think the red cross is setting up shelters for the people put out of their homes.    Will check further into this today and find out who or where to make donations that will actually make it to help these people.    

Debbie, thank God your home in LBI is safe.  I didn't realize that Barnegat got hit.  We're just two towns away from there!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Bonnie, for our Anniversary, many beautiful pictures of our family were taken on our daughters' phones..I had left my phone home that evening, because I wouldn't be getting any phone calls or texts from my family since they were with me.  I screwed myself by not having my phone to take pictures;  my daughter sent me emails with all of the pictures, telling me to download it on my phone. Pfft...I downloaded, but can't get them onto my google gallery.  So, there's that!!!🥴

Graham, I just love all of the pictures of you and Pauline.  You look like such a happy couple!!!!

Debbie, thank God your home in LBI is safe.  I didn't realize that Barnegat got hit.  We're just two towns away from there!!

Thank you Maryann we appreciate your nice words.

We have been together 43 years and married 40 years on August 22nd.

Graham.

• Like 2

I kept putting off the $58 pp drink package for our April cruise on the Allure, hoping it might go down.  Yesterday we booked the Adventure for September 2022.  The cost is $67pp.  I just checked the price on our Allure, and that has gone up to $67pp also.  Guess I missed the boat on that one!

Just now, Luckynana said:

I kept putting off the $58 pp drink package for our April cruise on the Allure, hoping it might go down.  Yesterday we booked the Adventure for September 2022.  The cost is $67pp.  I just checked the price on our Allure, and that has gone up to $67pp also.  Guess I missed the boat on that one!

We bought our allure drink package for November for 50 but had seen it as high as upper 60’s , never know keep checking the price . 3 dollar martinis at lunch were great dirty martinis came with blue cheese stuffed olives. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

😘     Sales gone on all the time, you should be able to get a deal for your 2022 cruises with the black friday sales in Nov.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, George C said:

We bought our allure drink package for November for 50 but had seen it as high as upper 60’s , never know keep checking the price . 3 dollar martinis at lunch were great dirty martinis came with blue cheese stuffed olives. 

I love blue cheese stuffed olives!!!!!

• Like 3