Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

If any of you remember my life review from a few years ago, the bikini girl was modelling/posing outside my window out from of the hydrangeas on the grass.

Yes I remember. Loved that review.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Nice border collie

Thanks  that's Molly the Collie. Almost 5 now. Very smart, I swear she understands everything we say

My husband posts a series of pictures of her half hidden in the shadows/undergrowth/trees in the woods in our local face book group. Its called 'where's Molly"

She's become quite famous locally with people coming up and asking is that Molly of 'where's Molly' fame?

So she's quite use to being told to pose for photos 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 7

15 hours ago, grapau27 said:

How is your friend who got covid19?

I hope he is well now.

Thank you so much Graham, for remembering 🥰

I'm quoting him: "I'm slowly and steadily regaining my strength... Lucky me, will not need the 3rd shot!"

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm quoting him: "I'm slowly and steadily regaining my strength... Lucky me, will not need the 3rd shot!"

Pleased to hear he is regaining his strength Dani.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Pleased to hear he is regaining his strength Dani.

Thanks. BTW, his name is also Dani...

Being an older generation, we were given mostly names from the Bible -- we have 2 Dani (from Dan/Daniel), 3 Miri (Miriam), 2 Yitzhak, one Joseph, one Chana, etc. 😁

OTOH, our kids carry 2 names -- one "modern" and a middle name after a late grandparent/uncle, etc.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Bonnie, I am constantly messing up my responses.  Also, I wouldn't even know how to begin the way you all will list so many quotes, answering each one, all in one post.  Am I making any sense the way I just wrote this??🤔  Tech savvy, I am not!  Post pictures??  Forget about it!  Months ago, Crystal tried to explain to me how to go about posting a picture.........

Maryann, you sound just like me but unlike me you did very well with Dani's advice. In fact, a few minutes ago, I tried to respond to a few posts, clicked a wrong key and the quoted posts remained but the place to respond vanished, if that makes sense.  Even though I was advised repeatedly, I still have not mastered moving my cell phone photos to my laptop.

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Glad your friend is on the mend.  

All residents in my SIL and BIL's senior complex in Israel will be getting their 3rd shot on Monday.  So convenient since it will be given in the complex.  

I could be wrong but I haven't heard of anyone getting 3rd shots in the US?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Maryann, you sound just like me but unlike me you did very well with Dani's advice. In fact, a few minutes ago, I tried to respond to a few posts, clicked a wrong key and the quoted posts remained but the place to respond vanished, if that makes sense.  Even though I was advised repeatedly, I still have not mastered moving my cell phone photos to my laptop.

Glad your friend is on the mend.  

All residents in my SIL and BIL's senior complex in Israel will be getting their 3rd shot on Monday.  So convenient since it will be given in the complex.  

I could be wrong but I haven't heard of anyone getting 3rd shots in the US?

That decision hasn't been made yet.

Today so far has been an interesting yet safe day.

To start, while I was sleeping at the Hampton Inn located in Richmond Kentucky, with my head nestled amoungst 8 pillows (The gave me a room with 2 queen beds, each having 4 pillows).

At least they got that part right I am a queen.  You know spoiled and such, but we wont go there.

At exactly 2:18 am.  All hell broke loose.

I thought it was an ALIEN INVASION................WAR OF THE WORLDS.

One hell of a thunder and lightning storm.

So I grabbed as many pillows as I could, and fell asleep.

I do not know what happened, but at 3:38 am, woke up, ok, snuggled with my pillows.

Looked at the clock.

3:39 am

3:40 am

3:41 am

3:42 am

IT IS WHAT IT IS.

Crawled out of bed reluctantly, knowing I had a 6 hour drive ahead of me, and had to deal with Cincinnati road destruction (some call it construction).

I should mention, that I was bonding with the DD and now DS till around midnight, so I was able to get a little over 3 hours sleep.

So showered, packed up and was on the road home at 4:16am.

I was minding my own business driving, the roads were a little damp from the earlier storm, but I was able to keep up with traffic.  At times a tad fast, 82 mph on cruise control and cars were still passing me.

You see, my DD informed me that driving on the freeways in Kentucky the speed limit of 70 mph. is a suggestion, not a rule (well at least what the locals say) and (she is a local now).

When all of a sudden I heard such a clatter, looked out the back window to see what was a matter, and what to my wondering eyes would appear but a black and white car with shinning flashing blue  lights.

I knew in a moment It wasn't SANTA

I am screwed, so I do what any paranoid guilty person would do, I shut off cruise and drifted down to a safe speed of 75.  This way he would not see me braking to slow down.   (Ok Mr, I am a police man) and I am going to stop you------- came closer and closer, inch by inch until, he passed me.

WOW, was all I could say as caught my breath.

It seems he would get more money by stopping those who actually were driving faster than me, and sure enough up ahead he pulled over a BEAMER with his pretty blue lights still on.   I do not remember being passed by that car, but the policeman noticed him for whatever reason.

So now it is time to behave.

I started driving just 5-8 miles above the speed limit, because the DH says they will not stop you if you are going that amount over.

Got to Cincinnati about 6 ish, a little slow traffic, but not to painful.

The rest of the drive was uneventful, and saw a beautiful sunrise before I reached Columbus Ohio.

Arrived at the house at 10:40am.

Unpacked greeted the kitty, who ignored me.

Started to prepare for dinner, gotta still do those wifey duties.

Now I think those comfy couch pillows are calling me.  Now mind you I do not have 8, but it will do.

Take care.

• Like 16

14 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We started out the day with a trip to the dentist, then rain.  When the rain stopped, we had a surprise visit from my daughter, and the other two grandkids.  

Since this was one day we had nothing special planned, we made it an Olympic competition day.  

We had weight lifting. 

FD527219-D7F8-4451-93E7-B38C3E4CF4F7.thumb.jpeg.c5c737e093f7fc27761f6677709a9ea4.jpeg

And gymnastics 

6711EC55-AE85-4982-B320-93DEC351E613.thumb.jpeg.7753aba8a5c2ac3abddccaa56f32713b.jpeg

and races

412C4320-C484-4E6E-8EE1-DE389C5B13F4.thumb.jpeg.4aa5500e3af815752d3bb06fa0bb641a.jpeg

C6C4691B-3287-4F1C-A396-2FABD86CCA93.jpeg.772301367505d07f87777dcc029410d8.jpeg

I finally found a use for some of those medals I won on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. Everyone was a medalist. They all got a kick out of those. 

A6091ECF-EBBC-438A-B503-337A0DD0C146.thumb.jpeg.db2392b628e9c0ce5ad94992b2787d0a.jpeg

Dinner tonight was at Mizu’s

C15C77AF-8D92-4E9D-BBAF-6D4DFE4D75C4.thumb.jpeg.12368c627632f69fedac0d681f66db29.jpeg

What a great idea and great use of the royal medals too!      You are both Awesome Grandparents 🥰

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sgmn said:

Went for a our usual walk this morning. It was about 17c (62f) and sunny. These woods are about 15 minutes walk from our house and from this viewpoint you can see all the way to the south downs on a clear day, roughly 50 miles 

20210729_100459.jpg

Beautiful dog and beautiful view!

14 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

The back eyed Susan’s are coming along at home. 

B85E0D39-1ED6-40B9-A3B1-E3A88B7C76B5.thumb.jpeg.c2cdc1517b7e07bd3c9949a4d06b294a.jpeg

I was at my office today.  The view from my office window. 

554418A4-1F7C-42D5-8CB3-F272916FA11B.thumb.jpeg.b11e60bb049b47c8835f89996bdd0eaf.jpeg

If any of you remember my life review from a few years ago, the bikini girl was modelling/posing outside my window out from of the hydrangeas on the grass. My office sent it to me as an FYI, and it was rather funny. We did not charge a site fee. 

D74BC8F6-3EEC-4C92-9D96-E9E1BA466F62.thumb.jpeg.26c31aec1cb09094af8f4f36abd33d49.jpeg

Beautiful building.   Nice to be back in an office again!

14 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

So I was at my office today, for an annual event which has returned in our town after last years Covid break.  Rib Fest is its name, a BBQ cook off with pork/beef ribs, chicken, sausages, pulled pork and brisket. Sides of slaw, beans, corn bread, Mac and cheese and scalloped potatoes.

My role in all of this event, I play the role of a fictional character called “Riboclaus” and give our head office staff $20 each for a group lunch. Only rule, the can keep the change, but if it’s over $20 it’s on them. They also get a half day tomorrow on this upcoming long weekend with full pay. They get 5 other half days through the year, on long weekends. 

Rib Fest starts today at 11am and runs through Monday of the long weekend. I might add my office is at the end of the block, just steps away. Riboclaus likes that too.  I might return. 😋

D5BDBA76-7AF7-4551-B305-3B11056096D6.thumb.jpeg.1568dba969bb662ef17b6782edf4ecc9.jpeg

3CC3892C-BC82-4810-829E-A98F3F89C5E5.thumb.jpeg.e093696f3c840b099ee56cce536f0482.jpeg

FD857162-6BFE-41CA-BF8C-9CBE2777748F.thumb.jpeg.7518e435a932499747b7e7f04e40c7dc.jpeg

It’s all about the signage. This local Team competed and won at the Calgary Stampede cook out this year half way across the country. I got some from them and another team named Oak and Barrel from Chilliwack BC. @Tree_skier you might want to hunt them up one day. They are both my favourites. 

872CF7F6-33E8-43CB-AF37-D8D277768007.thumb.jpeg.3399502b4f2eae496855473c638e4a6c.jpeg

Lunch anyone? Not sure how productive the crew was after I left. 

D6C28232-5AD2-447A-9078-7042594E65F3.thumb.jpeg.86a6889e7d16baddac9ec097bb8e5ad0.jpeg

474A961C-4118-4CCD-A484-21B357B87A05.thumb.jpeg.4d7234b525847138da72ee0f90b1f36c.jpeg

IMG_4449.MOV 11.13 MB · 2 downloads

OMG those ribs look finger licking good!     reminds me I haven't had any baby back ribs this summer, yet!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mo&fran said:

That decision hasn't been made yet.

Thanks.  I didn't think so.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

60°F and intermittent rain most of today.

We called at a nice hotel and ate in the conservatory overlooking nice gardens.

Stay safe everyone 😷.

Graham.

IMG_20210730_120528.jpg

IMG_20210730_121906.jpg

As always such beautiful pictures!

35 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Today so far has been an interesting yet safe day.

To start, while I was sleeping at the Hampton Inn located in Richmond Kentucky, with my head nestled amoungst 8 pillows (The gave me a room with 2 queen beds, each having 4 pillows).

At least they got that part right I am a queen.  You know spoiled and such, but we wont go there.

At exactly 2:18 am.  All hell broke loose.

I thought it was an ALIEN INVASION................WAR OF THE WORLDS.

One hell of a thunder and lightning storm.

So I grabbed as many pillows as I could, and fell asleep.

I do not know what happened, but at 3:38 am, woke up, ok, snuggled with my pillows.

Looked at the clock.

3:39 am

3:40 am

3:41 am

3:42 am

IT IS WHAT IT IS.

Crawled out of bed reluctantly, knowing I had a 6 hour drive ahead of me, and had to deal with Cincinnati road destruction (some call it construction).

I should mention, that I was bonding with the DD and now DS till around midnight, so I was able to get a little over 3 hours sleep.

So showered, packed up and was on the road home at 4:16am.

I was minding my own business driving, the roads were a little damp from the earlier storm, but I was able to keep up with traffic.  At times a tad fast, 82 mph on cruise control and cars were still passing me.

You see, my DD informed me that driving on the freeways in Kentucky the speed limit of 70 mph. is a suggestion, not a rule (well at least what the locals say) and (she is a local now).

When all of a sudden I heard such a clatter, looked out the back window to see what was a matter, and what to my wondering eyes would appear but a black and white car with shinning flashing blue  lights.

I knew in a moment It wasn't SANTA

I am screwed, so I do what any paranoid guilty person would do, I shut off cruise and drifted down to a safe speed of 75.  This way he would not see me braking to slow down.   (Ok Mr, I am a police man) and I am going to stop you------- came closer and closer, inch by inch until, he passed me.

WOW, was all I could say as caught my breath.

It seems he would get more money by stopping those who actually were driving faster than me, and sure enough up ahead he pulled over a BEAMER with his pretty blue lights still on.   I do not remember being passed by that car, but the policeman noticed him for whatever reason.

So now it is time to behave.

I started driving just 5-8 miles above the speed limit, because the DH says they will not stop you if you are going that amount over.

Got to Cincinnati about 6 ish, a little slow traffic, but not to painful.

The rest of the drive was uneventful, and saw a beautiful sunrise before I reached Columbus Ohio.

Arrived at the house at 10:40am.

Unpacked greeted the kitty, who ignored me.

Started to prepare for dinner, gotta still do those wifey duties.

Now I think those comfy couch pillows are calling me.  Now mind you I do not have 8, but it will do.

Take care.

I just love your stories!  So glad all is well but what an adventure!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last night around dinner time we had several tornado warnings.     Later learned on local news channels that a tornado touched down in New Hope (not severe damage there) and another or same tornado touched down in Trevose/Feasterville and destroyed a large auto dealer and many other nearby homes.    We are nestled into between these 2 areas, very fortunate all good in my town.   

And that same tornado made it's way to Long Beach Island where our shore home is located and several homes, boats, etc. were damaged in Barnegat (couple miles from our shore house).      Amazing to hear no one was hurt just lots of property damage.      Very thankful. 

I think the red cross is setting up shelters for the people put out of their homes.    Will check further into this today and find out who or where to make donations that will actually make it to help these people.    

• Like 6