Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

He was president through my teen years.  A walk through that library is a nostalgic trip of my youth.  That's probably why I loved it so much.

Franklin Roosevelt was President when I was born.I have been to his home many times.It is a historic site.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

By the way, you express yourself very well. I couldn’t tell you were having any problems.

Thanks, Marietta.

Let's say that explaining "procedures" [like multi-quoting] or feelings is a bit "challenging" in a foreign language.

Language-wise I feel "unrooted" -- mother tongue being Romanian, then at the age of 15 arriving to Israel and trying to learn a whole new language + alphabet....

Nothing like French, or even English, which I had a nice knowledge of.

Some things I still express myself [in my head] in Romanian, some in Hebrew, and even some in English [like today, when I wrote a friend, fluent in English, that "I'm not looking forward to the reparations we'll be doing on our balcony" -- I'm not looking forward being a better phrase than in Hebrew].

So, yes, I can say that I speak 4 languages, but I'm not proficient in any one of them...

• Like 5

Out tonight at Delaware Speedway. Owen’s hockey coach from last year races on Friday’s here, in the Super Stock class. It is a 50 lap race. It’s the final race of the night.

He’s currently just sitting on the pit wall with his #1 car. He has was won the last two weeks, and this is the third race of the season. Should be interesting. 

EB8F821E-F55B-44DA-A977-3DAC1F008BAD.thumb.jpeg.72fdf49a5186df317f9356eea66e84e5.jpeg

Beautiful night, just over 75F with a nice breeze. 

49140A43-3076-4B26-A2B6-6667953EE048.thumb.jpeg.39af6e3d4e9863bb689fee47692c64ec.jpeg

He’s on the cover of the race program. He’s competitive for sure. 

image.thumb.jpg.3816575293d7484af5c29e1b5b7bc791.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Looks like his house is coming along nicely. 

Doing anymore test cruises?    That was great that you got to do the Allure one, especially since you were on her very last sailing.

August is really busy for us, so I doubt it

57 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Franklin Roosevelt was President when I was born.I have been to his home many times.It is a historic site.

Pretty much every Presidential home is considered a historic site😉

12 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Out tonight at Delaware Speedway. Owen’s hockey coach from last year races on Friday’s here, in the Super Stock class. It is a 50 lap race. It’s the final race of the night.

He’s currently just sitting on the pit wall with his #1 car. He has was won the last two weeks, and this is the third race of the season. Should be interesting. 

EB8F821E-F55B-44DA-A977-3DAC1F008BAD.thumb.jpeg.72fdf49a5186df317f9356eea66e84e5.jpeg

Beautiful night, just over 75F with a nice breeze. 

49140A43-3076-4B26-A2B6-6667953EE048.thumb.jpeg.39af6e3d4e9863bb689fee47692c64ec.jpeg

He’s on the cover of the race program. He’s competitive for sure. 

image.thumb.jpg.3816575293d7484af5c29e1b5b7bc791.jpg

Looks like a great night!    would love to be there.    

57 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

So, yes, I can say that I speak 4 languages, but I'm not proficient in any one of them...

I have no clue what your idea of proficient is but, in my opinion,  your English certainly hits the mark.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Marietta.

Let's say that explaining "procedures" [like multi-quoting] or feelings is a bit "challenging" in a foreign language.

Language-wise I feel "unrooted" -- mother tongue being Romanian, then at the age of 15 arriving to Israel and trying to learn a whole new language + alphabet....

Nothing like French, or even English, which I had a nice knowledge of.

Some things I still express myself [in my head] in Romanian, some in Hebrew, and even some in English [like today, when I wrote a friend, fluent in English, that "I'm not looking forward to the reparations we'll be doing on our balcony" -- I'm not looking forward being a better phrase than in Hebrew].

My father was fluent in Polish,Italian and Spanish.Even though he lived in the US nearly 70 years he never mastered English.

• Like 3

Well, I couldn’t get my speed up to 80, or 60, or even 40 because there were several of these on the road. 

EFCF637E-D8B6-42F4-8182-AD96FE8E4BBE.thumb.jpeg.17cb12672861106c7415dad24c4bf237.jpeg

A5D22A1D-116B-40B5-98CE-BDB186D70C11.jpeg.854b0e3a893a01fb4f3a3270ab3d9c53.jpeg

A day of some rest today.  Getting ready to setup for an Un-birthday party this weekend for our California grandson.  

• Like 10