Jump to content

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, kevcharben said:

Thanks for that, I will be starting my legal claim online if nothing recieved by this Friday.

My previous good experiences of P&O got the better of me and I kept waiting and being fobbed off. of course it's your choice but my feeling is that I don't see too many "I've been refunded" posts in the last week or so, so I would put off waiting any longer and get your claim in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PandNo Refund said:

Disgusting. Again, I hope the workers are doing alright, but there’s a part of me that really wants to see the smug condescending grin wiped off that Ludlows rylanesque face. And also I wouldn’t be upset to see the tinted spec brigade lose their money if P&Owe go bust, and maybe they might finally see that they have also been taken for mugs.

Well done on getting your cash back, yes it's true you are made to feel bad for asking for it but I wouldn't wish any losses to the tinted spec brigade, I think many of us can't accept that it is happening and we must be thinking we are the only ones being overlooked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Martin Lewis is doing a survey on Travel Cancellation refunds, this is an update to the one he did 2 months ago. Trying to find out which ones are still tardy with refunds. The last survey had 27,000 responses. The survey is for both those waiting for refunds and those who have received them


https://www.surveygizmo.eu/s3/90251758/MSE-Travel-refund-experiences-survey

 

Martin Lewis has just said on bird SM, that he has had 50,000 response to survey in last 12 hours

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PandNo Refund said:

Feels ridiculous to be celebrating getting my own money back... but finally received my refund this evening on day 68

The saga is over... for me. I informed them I’d instigated a chargeback and they suddenly paid up after stonewalling me for 2 weeks. Sent me my refund ‘invoice’ on Thursday and refund landed at about 8pm tonight.

Thanks to all in this group for giving me someone to bounce my anger and frustration off for the past few months. I know the workers don’t deserve to be caught up in all this, but P&O will never get a penny out of me for as long as I live. It’s not entirely the wait for the refund that has frustrated me so much, but the absolute lack of organisation and communication to their customers. Let’s not forget, we aren’t talking about a couple of hundred pounds here, we are talking thousands and thousands of people’s hard earned money, and yet they consistently made us feel like we were stepping out of line for wanting it returned to us.

Disgusting. Again, I hope the workers are doing alright, but there’s a part of me that really wants to see the smug condescending grin wiped off that Ludlows rylanesque face. And also I wouldn’t be upset to see the tinted spec brigade lose their money if P&Owe go bust, and maybe they might finally see that they have also been taken for mugs.

Good luck to everyone else waiting... but again, I find it ridiculous that we even have to talk in those terms about our own bloody money. I won’t miss checking my bank accounts multiple times per day, that’s for sure.

Stay safe everyone, and whenever you do indeed finally get on your next holiday, be it cruise or otherwise... I hope you have the very best time possible

Great news at last.

I agree with you about Ludlow and the disgusting wait we all have had to endure to get out own money back.

Graham

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PandNo Refund said:

Feels ridiculous to be celebrating getting my own money back... but finally received my refund this evening on day 68

The saga is over... for me. I informed them I’d instigated a chargeback and they suddenly paid up after stonewalling me for 2 weeks. Sent me my refund ‘invoice’ on Thursday and refund landed at about 8pm tonight.
 

I'm pleased that your ordeal is over.  As customers, we have all been treated very badly.  I do feel for the workers who have, and do, try their best.

 

Just wanted to say thank you for your posts, which have cheered me up when reviewing the lack of credits on my credit card.  I do hope that you continue to post.

 

In particular, my thanks for pointing out the previously unheralded connection between P&O and Supermarket Sweep... continues to make me chuckle!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Following a HM Courts & Tribunals Service Claim - It's not over until the cash arrives though!

 

Just had a very pleasant email from Carnival's legal department informing me, that following my court claim submitted yesterday the Finance department have refunded my original payment cards for the full amount and that on providing my bank details they will also pay the court fee by BACS transfer, which I have since provided and they have further responded to.

 

I find the whole route to getting here unnecessary but they have dealt with the claim quickly and so far without hassle, so providing that the monies turn up, which of course I will update on, we will put our tinted specs back on and mostly forgive them (as many will, no doubt)

 

Those of you still waiting for your money, I encourage you to get on and claim, despite my tinted specs I will remember they ignored all of my other requests including my 14 day notice of action and only responded to actual legal action.

 

Link to an easy to use claim service below, make sure your timeline identifies who and when you spoke to, emails, dates of invoice, your expectations from what you were told, the more comprehensive your evidence the less likely you will have delays in being dealt with, I also had the court send an email of the claim to Mr P L's office

 

https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Hampshire Steve said:

Following a HM Courts & Tribunals Service Claim - It's not over until the cash arrives though!

 

Just had a very pleasant email from Carnival's legal department informing me, that following my court claim submitted yesterday the Finance department have refunded my original payment cards for the full amount and that on providing my bank details they will also pay the court fee by BACS transfer, which I have since provided and they have further responded to.

 

I find the whole route to getting here unnecessary but they have dealt with the claim quickly and so far without hassle, so providing that the monies turn up, which of course I will update on, we will put our tinted specs back on and mostly forgive them (as many will, no doubt)

 

Those of you still waiting for your money, I encourage you to get on and claim, despite my tinted specs I will remember they ignored all of my other requests including my 14 day notice of action and only responded to actual legal action.

 

Link to an easy to use claim service below, make sure your timeline identifies who and when you spoke to, emails, dates of invoice, your expectations from what you were told, the more comprehensive your evidence the less likely you will have delays in being dealt with, I also had the court send an email of the claim to Mr P L's office

 

https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim

 

Hopefully everything is finally sorted now.

Just shows how quick they can move when you call their bluff.

Thanks for the link too it might come in handy in the future.

Graham

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, grapau27 said:

Hopefully everything is finally sorted now.

Just shows how quick they can move when you call their bluff.

Thanks for the link too it might come in handy in the future.

Graham

Thanks Graham, yes how odd that they take a week to respond to an email but when I answered the chap in Legal he again replied within minutes!

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Hampshire Steve said:

Following a HM Courts & Tribunals Service Claim - It's not over until the cash arrives though!

 

Just had a very pleasant email from Carnival's legal department informing me, that following my court claim submitted yesterday the Finance department have refunded my original payment cards for the full amount and that on providing my bank details they will also pay the court fee by BACS transfer, which I have since provided and they have further responded to.

 

I find the whole route to getting here unnecessary but they have dealt with the claim quickly and so far without hassle, so providing that the monies turn up, which of course I will update on, we will put our tinted specs back on and mostly forgive them (as many will, no doubt)

 

Those of you still waiting for your money, I encourage you to get on and claim, despite my tinted specs I will remember they ignored all of my other requests including my 14 day notice of action and only responded to actual legal action.

 

Link to an easy to use claim service below, make sure your timeline identifies who and when you spoke to, emails, dates of invoice, your expectations from what you were told, the more comprehensive your evidence the less likely you will have delays in being dealt with, I also had the court send an email of the claim to Mr P L's office

 

https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim

 

It shows how they now expect you to go the extra mile. When I sent my notice before action with a note saying I was calling PL as an expert witness to explain the fiasco they paid up in a few days without me having to file the claim. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, staygulf said:

It shows how they now expect you to go the extra mile. When I sent my notice before action with a note saying I was calling PL as an expert witness to explain the fiasco they paid up in a few days without me having to file the claim. 

Taking into account how this whole disgraceful fiasco as gone, I doubt very much that PL would be accepted by the Courts as an "expert"!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Taking into account how this whole disgraceful fiasco as gone, I doubt very much that PL would be accepted by the Courts as an "expert"!

 

In the general scheme of things, I agree. But in explaining how his business has handled the refund fiasco in the light of the legislation there is no one better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a USA cruise booked for January 2021. At present we are pontificating (good word) about what to do, but the way P&O  continue to handle refunds has made my mind up. My gut feeling is that the cruise won't go ahead, but after the refund debacle, I'm not going to take the risk.  Our deposit gets moved, and P&O can hope that some innocent takes our cabin.

As an aside, as part of my previous work, the finance department and I would regularly review the "aged debtors " list.  Whilst this was obviously mainly a tool for chasing up unpaid invoices, it also showed any customers to which we owed money. I assume that P&O would have a similar financial ledger - how, therefore, is it possible for them to  unknowingly take over 100 days to pay out a refund?

Having to take out a small claims court says to me that Carnival/P&O  are guilty of either malfeasance or sheer ineptitude.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hampshire Steve said:

Deposit just appeared back in the account via my debit card. Two more payments to come but at least it's started - 109 days!

At last your refunds have started.👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning, today I am preparing to resign from the 100+ club!

 

Balance of cruise payment arrived back on my card today, just the court fee to come now. All that pain at being fobbed off then resolved within a few days - Totally unnecessary, I hope they learn better communication skills soon.

 

Almost smiling!

Hope this thread soon fades away and everyone else is paid promptly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hampshire Steve said:

Morning, today I am preparing to resign from the 100+ club!

 

Balance of cruise payment arrived back on my card today, just the court fee to come now. All that pain at being fobbed off then resolved within a few days - Totally unnecessary, I hope they learn better communication skills soon.

 

Almost smiling!

Hope this thread soon fades away and everyone else is paid promptly.

The numbers using your system are likely to be very few, so the court fees can be absorbed. As for everyone else P&O/Carnival have held onto their monies for up to 3 months and saved a fortune in not having to take out the 7.5% interest loan until very recently.

Might be a tad unethical but if it saves them from bankruptcy, perhaps it could be worth the bad publicity.

However I am glad you eventually got your money refunded.

Edited by terrierjohn
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hampshire Steve said:

Morning, today I am preparing to resign from the 100+ club!

 

Balance of cruise payment arrived back on my card today, just the court fee to come now. All that pain at being fobbed off then resolved within a few days - Totally unnecessary, I hope they learn better communication skills soon.

 

Almost smiling!

Hope this thread soon fades away and everyone else is paid promptly.

We happily accept your resignation from the 100+ club.

Brilliant news that you finally have your refund.👍🍾🍺🥃

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

The numbers using your system are likely to be very few, so the court fees can be absorbed. As for everyone else P&O/Carnival have held onto their monies for up to 3 months and saved a fortune in not having to take out the 7.5% interest loan until very recently.

Might be a tad unethical but if it saves them from bankruptcy, perhaps it could be worth the bad publicity.

However I am glad you eventually got your money refunded.

If P&O had allowed customers to use FCC plus 10-25% on already booked cruises they would have saved a lot of money in their account plus saved their good reputation which has now gone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

If P&O had allowed customers to use FCC plus 10-25% on already booked cruises they would have saved a lot of money in their account plus saved their good reputation which has now gone.

I do agree Graham, but for whatever reasons that did not happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually I'm glad they did allow me to move the money to another cruise, because having also cancelled October 18th cruise, I am seriously thinking that I won't be doing April 2021 either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Alberto Aliberti, President of Atlas Ocean Voyages
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...