CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

28 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Think that was an internet/social media rumour that Carnival have strongly denied and I cannot see anyone in present times on the lookout for purchasing a whole cruise line with the future as it is at the moment.

I would have thought this unlikely but if cruising continues to be suspended?

Edited by grapau27

31 minutes ago, drsel said:

Hahaha.

My TA said that they wired the money to PO in pounds, but PO said that there was no payment showing against my confirmed booking on a ship that was sold.

The booking was still seen as confirmed on the PO website, many days after the ship was sold.

It was a comedy of errors.

I even asked PO how they confirmed my booking without receiving any payment. And is this their normal procedure of confirming bookings without receiving payment?

They didn't answer that question, but instead replied that my TA confirmed to them that I got my full refund and they hoped that everything was ok.

I don't care, I got my money back in 6 days flat!

As long as you got your money back that's great.

2 hours ago, drsel said:

Hahaha.

My TA said that they wired the money to PO in pounds, but PO said that there was no payment showing against my confirmed booking on a ship that was sold.

The booking was still seen as confirmed on the PO website, many days after the ship was sold.

It was a comedy of errors.

I even asked PO how they confirmed my booking without receiving any payment. And is this their normal procedure of confirming bookings without receiving payment?

They didn't answer that question, but instead replied that my TA confirmed to them that I got my full refund and they hoped that everything was ok.

I don't care, I got my money back in 6 days flat!

I'm glad you got your money back in 6 days, but the fact remains that P&O had no input into the repayment process. 

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I would have thought this unlikely but if cruising continues to be suspended?

Graham  - Carnival categorically refuted this rumour two weeks ago. 

I realise that these are difficult times, but premium cruising is likely to  recover much more quickly than mass market lines,  so why sell premium brands?

And, the only likely purchasers would be some Chinese conglomerate,  that would alienate 90% of the clientele! 

So basically, just clickbait. 

I'm glad you got your money back in 6 days, but the fact remains that P&O had no input into the repayment process.   

Then how come PO confirmed my cruise and also kept it confirmed for over 70 days without receiving any payment???

Isn't that weird ?

On 8/16/2020 at 8:30 AM, drsel said:

Then how come PO confirmed my cruise and also kept it confirmed for over 70 days without receiving any payment???

Isn't that weird ?

Likely an admin error, or qwerk of the system

due to being booked under US rules via a US agent.

12 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

Success!

I have my outstanding refund, only 155 days late - yippee!!

No email or confirmation, just a direct refund from P&O.

I've just had a drink to contain my excitement!!🤯

Good news at last for you.👍

• Like 1

Likely an admin error, or qwerk of the system due to being booked under US rules via a US agent.  

I think that my giant US agent (the only official PO agent for the whole of North America) has such a great reputation, that PO allows them to book Cruises on credit.  

that would explain how my Cruise got booked without PO receiving the deposit.

And getting a refund in 6 days flat from the agent.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Finally received my Tesco vouchers back on my account today from my April cruise cancelled in March so it didn’t take to long 😂 all refunds now received but started another one for my October cruise 😤

Good news.

Hopefully your October refund turns up quickly.🤞

• 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Harvey1976 said:

Very surprised today. I have received my refund for the transatlantic in October which was cancelled 4 weeks ago. Just waiting for the refund for the cruise cancelled in March!!

Maybe they need a gentle reminder about March. With all these new refunds being processed they could easily get forgotten and pushed to the back of the queue for a while longer.

Avril

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Maybe they need a gentle reminder about March. With all these new refunds being processed they could easily get forgotten and pushed to the back of the queue for a while longer.

Avril

Definitely a good idea as some March refunds seem to have got lost.

• Like 1