CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

Just got my refund from Parking4Cruises which is very nice.  I originally moved the booking to October, then I cancelled that cruise and moved the booking to April 21.  Having realized that we are not going on that one either, I asked for a refund and got it yesterday.  Very good company.

• Like 4

On 7/31/2020 at 7:21 PM, drsel said:

in this day and age, why don't they use direct bank transfer instead of sending checks by post !

I had to end up with a cheque in an envelope.  I called the kids to show them how we used to pay money in the last millennium!!!   

• I realised why though.  It was because I had paid via a TA.  They were not going to give the money back to the TA.  They would not have had my details so I ended up with a cheque.  Cashing it was a bit complicated but I now have my premium bonds and they will go into the first draw this month.  🤞  I will stand everyone on this thread a drink when I become a millionaire.  

How long did it take for my refund to arrive?  It seems like a lifetime ago but mine came in around 60 days I think.  There seems no rhyme or reason why some people have to wait so long.  Maybe it is where you are in the alphabet (I married a B and find it much better than my maiden W) or if you have a cute name (mine deffo).  Maybe there is something in the tone of the email you write when you request the refund.  Clarity from the travel companies would help.  

Maybe the smaller deposits get refunded first and the five digit figures have to wait the longest, depending on their cash flow.

My $135 Oceana deposit was refunded in 6 days (after requesting for it), by my excellent, reliable, trustworthy, giant US travel agent

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drsel said:

Maybe the smaller deposits get refunded first and the five digit figures have to wait the longest, depending on their cash flow.

That may well be the case.  We are speculating.  Clarity from the companies would help though wouldn’t it!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

i paid through a TA, but my refund came by bank transfer from P&O after 69 days.  I suppose because I made a fuss, they asked for my bank details.

Exactly the same for me.

66 days balance refund.

70 days deposit refund.

5 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I'm surprised P&O had that as a booking if your agent still had the deposit, but glad you got it back.

I think if the TA is bonded under the Package Travel Regs the money can be held in trust and not paid over to P and O

• Like 1

We got ours back via TA direct into credit card account within 60 days.  
she did say that newer refunds were being processed much quicker but there was still a back log fro. March and April cancellations due to a big black hole. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, drsel said:

luckily for me, my agent still held my deposit with them, so they could refund it quickly in just 6 days.

PO didn't have a chance to see my money, else it would be stuck for 70 days

Good for you!  Not sure whether UK agents have that option though. 

One UK TA stands out in the excellent treatment of customers and refunds since all this kicked off and when/if this is all over they’ll be getting my business. Just hope they survive after their recent acquisition, big and financially sound though they appear to be.  They also look after their staff well. 👍

• Like 4

On 8/2/2020 at 2:23 PM, staygulf said:

I think if the TA is bonded under the Package Travel Regs the money can be held in trust and not paid over to P and O

Although in this particular case the TA was American.

7 hours ago, Showingthatgame said:

Well ive just worked out ive made the 100 day club. Currently being on day 103 and day 22 since they said they are sending me the refund via check. How long have other people had to wait since getting an email saying their check is on the way? 

Currently 142 days from the first time I was promised - by Thursday I would say that I am grossly delayed!😉

Sorry that you are waiting so long

15 hours ago, Showingthatgame said:

Well ive just worked out ive made the 100 day club. Currently being on day 103 and day 22 since they said they are sending me the refund via check. How long have other people had to wait since getting an email saying their check is on the way? 

Maybe worth a phone call to P&O in case the cheque has been lost in the post!.

On 8/4/2020 at 5:34 PM, Manx buoy said:

After politely enquiring how much longer I’d be waiting finally got this reply so it appears they haven't got an all singing all dancing automated system in place contradicting what other posters are reporting 

They have no effective system, that's for sure. 

Today, I have joined (as one of the founding members):

The Grossly Delayed Refunds Club.

Day 144 and counting...

I could give a chronology but then my computer would run out of battery before I was able to complete the message 🤣

Edited by No pager thank you
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Think I am in that club as well, originally cancelled cruise due to foreign office advice in March, received cruise funds in 82 days, when we had to cancel we were told that shore excursions would be funded automatically, then when we chased balance at 68 days told we had to fill in form for shore excursions and should be refunded in 60 days, guess what still waiting for the £232 80 + days later.  Anyone else awaiting shore excursions payment

20 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

Day 144 and counting...

I could give a chronology but then my computer would run out of battery before I was able to complete the message 🤣

Got the your refund has been processed email earlier but due to Royal Mail struggling to make deliveries it may take up to 2 weeks to receive your cheque🤦‍♂️ They couldn’t answer as to why it’s a cheque after all the others were paid straight into the bank and it’ll be interesting to see how many times it gets lost in the post 3 is the most I’ve seen so far 

On 8/6/2020 at 7:03 PM, No pager thank you said:

Day 144 and counting...

Cheque in the post this morning day 70 bit disappointed really was looking forward to joining all your clubs😂 only hope now is the double refund club if they manage to pay it straight into the bank like all the others. Nothing to worry about now till they cancel our February cruise or we get bumped of it for being the poor relations in an inside cabin good luck everyone else hope you’re not waiting too much longer