Jan Swartz televised announcement to all ships

casavaha

Jan Swartz just gave a televised announcement to all ships where she informed Princess employees that there would be a hiring freeze, and

an elimination of contract jobs.  They are also having a problem securing chartered flights to get employees to their home.  So they are

exploring the idea of using their ships to get employees home.  It was a very good talk piped into all the cabin tvs on the ship, Royal Princess.

Obviously they have to stem the outflow of money at a time when they are seeing no income (my words)

Greg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

All except the “required” staff on RC ships have had their contracts ended even though they are stuck on the ships. The ship that the person I know is on has not have guests for around 8 weeks, they at least have just moved them into Guest cabins “for free”.  But apparently the food amount and quality has gone down significantly. 

8 minutes ago, casavaha said:

Jan Swartz just gave a televised announcement to all ships where she informed Princess employees that there would be a hiring freeze, and

an elimination of contract jobs.  They are also having a problem securing chartered flights to get employees to their home.  So they are

exploring the idea of using their ships to get employees home.  It was a very good talk piped into all the cabin tvs on the ship, Royal Princess.

Obviously they have to stem the outflow of money at a time when they are seeing no income (my words)

Greg

you are on the Royal Princess now ??

• Like 1

No, I have a friend who is on the Royal now.  He held his phone up to the screen so I

could hear and see the announcement.  Princess is still paying all employees according

to their contract.  However, next month they are reducing the amount by 50%.  Contract

entertainers are still being paid, but Princess would like to get them home.

Greg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, casavaha said:

No, I have a friend who is on the Royal now.  He held his phone up to the screen so I

could hear and see the announcement.  Princess is still paying all employees according

to their contract.  However, next month they are reducing the amount by 50%.  Contract

entertainers are still being paid, but Princess would like to get them home.

Is Jan Swartz taking a 50% pay cut?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

This is exactly what cruiselines are doing in Australia right now. Using their ships to get the crew home to Philippines and Indonesia. Princess and RCL are doing such manoeuvres right at this time around Australia and there are 9000 crew involved. Planes are not being used. 

• Like 3

This is all just so sad. I should be packing today for my cruise on Royal Princess tomorrow as are so many others are missing out on their cruises. 😥

I really don't know how cruising will be going forward but I think it is changed forever.

I am so thankful and grateful I got to go on so many and all of the memories I have from each one.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

This is all just so sad. I should be packing today for my cruise on Royal Princess tomorrow as are so many others are missing out on their cruises. 😥

I really don't know how cruising will be going forward but I think it is changed forever.

I am so thankful and grateful I got to go on so many and all of the memories I have from each one.

Yup, we were just looking at some pictures from our cruise last year, and just realized how much we missed cruising.  Hopefully we will all see better days again soon.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, travelhound said:

Yup, we were just looking at some pictures from our cruise last year, and just realized how much we missed cruising.  Hopefully we will all see better days again soon.

there's the tude   ..... those of you from the Green Bay area, that means  attitude

Edited by c-boy
  • Haha 1

It’s very sad for all the hard-working crew! I have to say, however, that it makes fiscal sense to send them home at this point. I mean, would we rather have the cruise lines all go out of business by keeping their crew on? Or would it be better to send crew home to their families for a while until cruises resume and then bring them back?  Businesses all over the US have had to let employees go during this time. It makes sense it’d be the same for cruise lines.

• Like 1