When will NCL announce next wave of cancellations like other cruise lines have done?

mommyx2

We have been wondering the same thing.  We have an Alaska cruise booked for July.  There is no way they are going to be able to comply with the regulations by then.  I think it's all about cash flow.  I expect they will cancel a few days before sailing.  

Really going to take a lot to make us cruise with NCL again.  😞

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mommyx2 said:

Hi all, does anyone know when NCL will announce next wave of cancellations past the May 15th date? 

All the other cruiselines have made announcements. 

Thanks

Considering their last  "wave of cancellations" encompassed 4 days, they will wait as long as possible and make the length of the next "wave" as short as possible.

They will do everything in their power to keep your money as long as possible.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ColeThornton said:

Any date for that announcement from people here right now would be nothing more than speculation.

Frustrating, I know.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/beaches-in-north-florida-among-1st-to-reopen-since-pandemic-closures/2221171/

florida it seems is slowly relaxing, on the stay at home order.  could we also see the florida ports open by june?  maybe. 

What I don't understand is if all the other major cruise lines (Carnival, Celebrity, Disney, Princess) have announced they are stopping sailings until at least July 1st, why can Norwegian not just announce this too? Just rip the band-aid off y'all! We have a June 21st Alaska cruise and with Canada and the CDC both say NO, the writing is on the wall. Yet Norwegian is still holding out. Keeping our funds and keeping us in a "holding pattern" seems wrong to loyal customers. Just follow suit with others in the industry and call a spade a spade. I will then patiently (annoyed, but patiently) wait for 90 days for my refund or FCC. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StormiB said:

What I don't understand is if all the other major cruise lines (Carnival, Celebrity, Disney, Princess) have announced they are stopping sailings until at least July 1st, why can Norwegian not just announce this too? Just rip the band-aid off y'all! We have a June 21st Alaska cruise and with Canada and the CDC both say NO, the writing is on the wall. Yet Norwegian is still holding out. Keeping our funds and keeping us in a "holding pattern" seems wrong to loyal customers. Just follow suit with others in the industry and call a spade a spade. I will then patiently (annoyed, but patiently) wait for 90 days for my refund or FCC. 

i thought it was royal june 11th, and carinval june 26th.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StormiB said:

I am speaking specific to Alaskan cruises as Canada is CLOSED until July 1. The full list of cruise date cancellations is here which shows how each line is responding.  

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5182/

oh sorry l. since i saw texas , i didnt realize you mean only canada,yeah canada is pretty much out for a while, norweigian should cancel those, but maybe they are holding out on things opening up slowly and dont want to cancel them and find out they could go by june or something. 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/trump-says-canada-s-doing-well-restrictions-at-border-could-ease-soon-1.4898545

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, StormiB said:

If they cancel it now, they have to refund your money by July 17th (approx 90 days).If they cancel on say June 1st, they can keep your money until Sept! They don't care about making this easy or fair to their customers, they only care about keeping your money as long as possible.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

oh sorry l. since i saw texas , i didnt realize you mean only canada,yeah canada is pretty much out for a while, norweigian should cancel those, but maybe they are holding out on things opening up slowly and dont want to cancel them and find out they could go by june or something. 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/trump-says-canada-s-doing-well-restrictions-at-border-could-ease-soon-1.4898545

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/canada-u-s-agree-to-extend-border-restrictions-by-30-days-sources-1.4900471

1 hour ago, seaman11 said:

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/beaches-in-north-florida-among-1st-to-reopen-since-pandemic-closures/2221171/

florida it seems is slowly relaxing, on the stay at home order.  could we also see the florida ports open by june?  maybe. 

Yes, I believe Florida ports could be open by June 2021.....time will tell. 😉 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, seaman11 said:

Not a chance in hell!! You think Florida is going to welcome people from New York and New Jersey where the Covid-19 is not close to being under control into the state and onto a cruise ship in 2 months? No freakin way that is going to happen! Locals practicing social distancing on a beach is a lot different then thousands of people jammed together on a cruise ship! You are fooling yourself if you think you will be cruising this summer...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, yankees111 said:

Not a chance in hell!! You think Florida is going to welcome people from New York and New Jersey where the Covid-19 is not close to being under control into the state and onto a cruise ship in 2 months? No freakin way that is going to happen! Locals practicing social distancing on a beach is a lot different then thousands of people jammed together on a cruise ship! You are fooling yourself if you think you will be cruising this summer...

I think by june you could be welcome in florida,  we will see things open up, its starting already.  its only april 17th dont forget, we have time. 

Just now, seaman11 said:

I think by june you could be welcome in florida,  we will see things open up, its starting already.  its only april 17th dont forget, we have time. 

That is wishful thinking especially since Cuomo just extended his executive order for another month yesterday. Plus the guidelines Trump put into effect yesterday that must be met for each of the 3 phases. If all goes well maybe, and this is a huge maybe, some cruises could resume in the fall under a best case scenario.

• Like 2