When will NCL announce next wave of cancellations like other cruise lines have done?

mommyx2

I hope so, and I hope that includes my May cruise out of Amsterdam that still hasn’t cancelled. As much as I was looking forward to it I refuse to fly until at least November. Ironically they did cancel my cruise a year from now out of Asia, but not one next month!

2 hours ago, GlamorousGirl said:

I hope so, and I hope that includes my May cruise out of Amsterdam that still hasn’t cancelled. As much as I was looking forward to it I refuse to fly until at least November. Ironically they did cancel my cruise a year from now out of Asia, but not one next month!

Our 5/29/20 flight from Amsterdam to JFK was cancelled two weeks ago by Norwegian Air Shuttle, we are awaiting a refund.  Guessing no one can fly into Amsterdam either.  Hang in there to get the refund.

47 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Our 5/29/20 flight from Amsterdam to JFK was cancelled two weeks ago by Norwegian Air Shuttle, we are awaiting a refund.  Guessing no one can fly into Amsterdam either.  Hang in there to get the refund.

Norwegian Air Shuttle cancelled our 5/29 flight from JFK to Oslo several weeks ago, immediately and transparently offering a refund (not like some companies, ahem).  I know they are on very thin ice financially but I hope they get a miracle and don't go under.  They have really been the ones holding down the cost of flights to Europe.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bsw620 said:

Finally! Now the 90 day countdown can begin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not quite.....what has happened with the cancellations so far, is they provide a future date (usually about two weeks hence) when you can apply for a refund.....generally, that means it's roughly a 104 day countdown!

They have some major destinations still open (as well as air hubs). Unless you are travelling from a smal port town you should be fine. Also, I would check the other transport, cause you might have diffuiculties with them as well. I just heard a story of a guy who reached Osaka but couldnt get to Tokyo cause the railway was closed.. kinds sad. And he had some hard time searching for a car or a bus to take him there 

Not quite.....what has happened with the cancellations so far, is they provide a future date (usually about two weeks hence) when you can apply for a refund.....generally, that means it's roughly a 104 day countdown!

Ugh! Annoying enough to have booked the last cruise line to cancel Alaska now the longest to give a refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How would most of even get to the cruise ports anyway unless we live within driving distance?

(technically if you live on the mainland US most cruises are within driving distance but with some

states not allowing non residents to check into the hotel people would have to choose the not

so safe/legal  option of sleeping overnight at a rest area and that's if the rest areas are even open).

Our regional airport cancelled  10 flights that are still on the schedule out of the 15 flights yesterday 

and the incoming flights were just as bad. Anyway I don't have to worry because my May cruise that I

was supposed to fly in two days early for (May 9) was cancelled. So many obstacles to have to navigate

it's just as well they are cancelling.

• Like 1

Reading Cruise Critic it announced that the CDC place a no cruise order.  This order last into July and it suspercedes what the cruise line suspension date.  This applies only to the U.S. waters.  

However, I'm leaving from Spain, I don't know how that will work for me

1 hour ago, francina said:

Reading Cruise Critic it announced that the CDC place a no cruise order.  This order last into July and it suspercedes what the cruise line suspension date.  This applies only to the U.S. waters.  

However, I'm leaving from Spain, I don't know how that will work for me

The CDC order goes deep into July.

But the cold truth is that cruising isn't coming back then.

RCI dumped 26 percent of its staff this month ... the cruise lines are using their ships to transport crew back to their home countries ... CCL said in an SEC filing that it anticipates keeping the substantial majority of its fleet in prolonged ship storage ....

All of those facts are signals about the short- and mid-term future. Hertz this week furloughed 10,000 employees, Delta's CEO said business won't be back to regular levels for at least two to three years, a prominent market analyst downgraded Disney based on his conclusion that the parks will stay dark until 2021, Oktoberfest 2020 was flat-out canceled.

These are all signals: The travel world as we knew it in 2019 isn't returning in the foreseeable future. We all hate that truth, but there is no "optimism" - and no common sense - in simply denying it. 

• Like 3