July cruises not able to be booked (No rates available for the stateroom category and the number of travelers you selected)

ComradeRyan

40 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Galveston is opening tomorrow at 25% capacity on churchs, gun ranges, stores etc. See how that goes. 

No one knows 

ports like galvaston and florida will be the first to open imo. people seem to think that all cruising will be over for a long time, i doubt it.  they underestimate the demand. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

ports like galvaston and florida will be the first to open imo. people seem to think that all cruising will be over for a long time, i doubt it.  they underestimate the demand. 

I'm thinking when hotels open 50%? Oklahoma already open. I agree it's closer than some people think. The percentage open could affect cruising not just hotels, so they might wait here in texas.

I also think it makes a difference if you have a Republican or Democrat governor how soon the state is opened. Dallas is Democrats here and they are howling and want to extend stay at home. They voted to extend stay at home 3 to 2 until mid may, but governor rules he says. Texas is opening like it or hate it. If you hate it don't open and stay home, your choice he says 

43 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm thinking when hotels open 50%? Oklahoma already open. I agree it's closer than some people think. The percentage open could affect cruising not just hotels, so they might wait here in texas.

I also think it makes a difference if you have a Republican or Democrat governor how soon the state is opened. Dallas is Democrats here and they are howling and want to extend stay at home. They voted to extend stay at home 3 to 2 until mid may, but governor rules he says. Texas is opening like it or hate it. If you hate it don't open and stay home, your choice he says 

my dad lives in houston just an hour from galveston and he told me their stay at home order ends tonight and said ppl are planing parties already,  lol 

Edited by seaman11

2 hours ago, Stick93 said:

Seems like they are moving ahead with cruising soon. Just lets drop off some staff in different parts of the world and limit the inventory so that we don't over book the 5 people we are allowed to have on the ship at a time. I remember just a short time ago people claiming they were cruising in April, then May and now June. Its like roulette at some point the ball will fall in my number! 

I will believe it when I see it. They keep talking a big game and people are being brave and strong with the lines - I am not afraid and we need to live our lives...But I am not so sure they are ready to take the liability for what could happen and we know enough but don't know anywhere close to everything about this virus, which is what make non essential vacations not a necessity. They are ready to take more of anyone's money for cruises that wont happen - and that is what they are doing and continue to do. 

Some people are slow learners and some think they can outsmart Carnival 🙂

What people overlook is that some NYers (and others) who have been sitting in, doing nothing, for months, would love to "fly down" and take a cruise from a port that has been less affected.  Considering the high per centage on asymptomatic carriers here, it would be irresponsible to allow "them" on a ship.

I'm just really happy I have a life left to live.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

my dad lives in houston just an hour from galveston and he told me their stay at home order ends tonight and said ppl are planing parties already,  lol 

I can shoot my gun at a gun range tomorrow but cant get a haircut for another 2 weeks. I am not going on a cruise until I get my hair cut and that's that!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Some people are slow learners and some think they can outsmart Carnival 🙂

What people overlook is that some NYers (and others) who have been sitting in, doing nothing, for months, would love to "fly down" and take a cruise from a port that has been less affected.  Considering the high per centage on asymptomatic carriers here, it would be irresponsible to allow "them" on a ship.

I'm just really happy I have a life left to live.

Very true about Northerners ready to travel.  However, Florida is requiring travelers from highly affected areas like NYC, CT, NJ, Louisiana to self quarantine/ self-isolate for 14 days or however long their stay is if they arrive.  I don't think they would be allowed to board a boat.  

• Like 1

Just now, LotusLane said:

Very true about Northerners ready to travel.  However, Florida is requiring travelers from highly affected areas like NYC, CT, NJ, Louisiana to self quarantine/ self-isolate for 14 days or however long their stay is if they arrive.  I don't think they would be allowed to board a boat.  

i dont think that will still be in effect once the stay at home order is lifted 

2 hours ago, ohioNCLcruiser said:

John also said this about May cruises then June cruises which have been cancelled. He also said it when the first few months of Mardi Gras sailings were zero'd out online and then the Radiance. When they initially cancelled May cruises, the Legend European sailings disappeared but he said they were not planning on cancelling them when they did just that a week later. Heald is a Public Relations spokesperson for Carnival. Anything he says should be taken as a grain of salt for the time being. 

There's an old saying that even a broken clock is right twice a day.  I'm not sure his track record is much better.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Here's my last word on "will my cruise sail"...."I'm not worried" and other dreams

Sechel

its ok if you dont want to go till 2022. but eventually they will start up , whether you like it or not.  should be happening slowly out of a few ports to select destinations this summer. 

• Like 1

I suspect the summer cruises will be cancelled since the ships are moving crew home and it appears the cruise lines are getting ready for a long term shutdown.  There is a host of new scientific information hitting the news about this situation from the promise of a vaccine, WHO endorsing the Swedish model but also the warning that aerosol transmission is possible (very bad news especially for cruise ships.) Hopefully cruise will return soon but I am not too optimistic. 

• Like 1

I was checking on our scheduled B2B Panorama for July and they are gone. You can not book Mexico till September. I am hoping as someone said that it is for capacity control. But this happened to our June Horizon cruise and then it was cancelled a week or 2 later. Not looking good! 💔:classic_sad:

It appears you can book the Caribbean for August though. 

I love cruising. I have cruised 18 times with Carnival and had this year’s April cruise canceled. I’m sorry to say but I don’t believe they’ll be cruising for many months, if not a year. If states aren’t open and cruise ships carry thousands (or even hundreds with reduced capacity) it just doesn’t make sense. If one cruise turns out to be a mess with Covid19 it will set back everyone and every state that has begun to phase. It’s just not the way to go and believe me I am sad that this virus has hurt so many around the work health wise, financially, and emotionally. That’s just my opinion and one I wish I didn’t have to share. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, maynovmom said:

I love cruising. I have cruised 18 times with Carnival and had this year’s April cruise canceled. I’m sorry to say but I don’t believe they’ll be cruising for many months, if not a year. If states aren’t open and cruise ships carry thousands (or even hundreds with reduced capacity) it just doesn’t make sense. If one cruise turns out to be a mess with Covid19 it will set back everyone and every state that has begun to phase. It’s just not the way to go and believe me I am sad that this virus has hurt so many around the work health wise, financially, and emotionally. That’s just my opinion and one I wish I didn’t have to share. 

I think a year is overly pessimistic. For one thing every cruiseline would be broke in a year. They will cruise before a year no matter what it takes. My ta thinks by late fall.

Unless the CDC lifts the 100 Day No Sail Order, which isn’t very likely, no cruises will be allowed to sail to / from US ports until July 25. Based on what Carnival has done previously, when all cruises disappear from the website for booking availability for a whole month, the cruises get canceled within a week or less after that date. It is likely all cruises through July will be canceled.

None of the cruise lines will immediately start back with a full schedule on all ships.The risk is too high. When they do resume sailing, I expect to see 1-2 ships per cruise line on 2-3 day itineraries to their private islands only. They will probably be from Port Canaveral. These would be new sailings, probably at 50% capacity or less, with a short window for booking that may even be limited to local Florida residents only. That would solve the issue of the current CDC requirement of needing to provide private transportation to get passengers home if there were to be an outbreak of Covid-19 onboard. This would allow the cruise lines to test their new procedures for effectiveness before expanding slowly their sailings.

Once they have several of the short sailings with no issues, they will slowly expand to other ships, departure ports and longer itineraries. It may take several months to get all ships back to sailing their regular itineraries and some older ships may be retired if demand to not pick up quickly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Why would they block them because of possible cancellations? Heald is consistently stating that cruises will resume and everything will be back to normal by the end of June. There’s no way more cruises will be cancelled if his information is accurate.

Is Heald the official spoke person for Carnival?  Was he really the awesome CD that everyone drools over?

When he walks on water over to Princess Cay or Half Moon vs taking the shuttle I will be a believer.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, glentally said:

Is Heald the official spoke person for Carnival?  Was he really the awesome CD that everyone drools over?

When he walks on water over to Princess Cay or Half Moon vs taking the shuttle I will be a believer.

As the brand ambassador, he kinda is the official spokesperson and he remains confident we will be cruising on June 27.

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 1

Update-

This specific thread was mentioned this morning in a video by Carnival. It is stated that the cruises for July have not been cancelled and they are simply managing inventory.

All of the fun is waiting for you when they resume operations on June 27.

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 2

I sure hope so! But it's the same as it was for my previous 2 cancelled cruises. Take all cruises down to control inventory then cancel in a few days. Heald, PVPs, and others have to continue the same song and dance of optimism, probably contractually. But if it sails, I'll gladly be one of the first. 

They said the same line about inventory control before the last slate of cancellations. They are going to cancel July sailings, just getting ready as they cancel every 3-4 weeks and it has been 2 weeks since their last cancellations. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, helene109 said:

Did anyone watch John heralds message?

Why?  Hes just going to keep saying the party line, sure cruises will start late June, unlike the ceo who said yesterday on fbn who said he doesnt know, john will say sure we will, go book more cruises, cant wait to see you. 

I did see the ceo interview. I think john is loved because of all the free stuff he gives away. Not because he will tell the truth. Hes a mouthpiece.

• Like 2