July cruises not able to be booked (No rates available for the stateroom category and the number of travelers you selected)

ComradeRyan

On 4/30/2020 at 5:23 PM, firefly333 said:

There was a thread last night about talk someone into booking a late june cruise at a really good rate. The op said it was the last chance to book. I wondered how they knew?

This happened last month and then a couple weeks later the cruises were canc. Who knows. I'm booked but expecting to get cancelled. 

I have noticed the past couple of days on the carnival site you could no longer click on june out of Galveston.. so that was a big hint. I'm booked june 28

Oh, so now my post yesterday was accurate instead of your "get to know your facts comment"  Have a safe and wonderful day firefly.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, glentally said:

Oh, so now my post yesterday was accurate instead of your "get to know your facts comment"  Have a safe and wonderful day firefly.

I said I expected to get cancelled... and sure enough I was spot on.

Moving my june booking I made only with the expectation of getting 600 obc now to oct.

I was spot on. Maybe you didnt understand the part where I said I booked expecting to get cancelled. The new early saver sale is giving me a extra 100 obc booking bonus plus stock, 800 obc.

Seems like I rolled the dice and won to me. 

Other people might have hoped june was a go .... the post you quoted clearly said I expected (and hoped) to get cancelled. Sorry I dont get your post back to me. 

30 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I said I expected to get cancelled... and sure enough I was spot on.

Moving my june booking I made only with the expectation of getting 600 obc now to oct.

I was spot on. Maybe you didnt understand the part where I said I booked expecting to get cancelled. The new early saver sale is giving me a extra 100 obc booking bonus plus stock, 800 obc.

Seems like I rolled the dice and won to me. 

Other people might have hoped june was a go .... the post you quoted clearly said I expected (and hoped) to get cancelled. Sorry I dont get your post back to me. 

How long does it take for your future cruise credit to show up in order to book another cruise?

Now I am starting to question my September cruise on the Breeze.  I guess if I see this cruise stop showing up to book, then it will probably be cancelled shortly after as well.  That seems to be the trend.  They stop showing up for booking a week or so before they are officially cancelled.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jskorick said:

How long does it take for your future cruise credit to show up in order to book another cruise?

My travel agent called this morning and got a FCC tracking #, said the $600 obc will show up within 3 or 4 days.

He already was able to transfer my whole booking, including taxes and fees. All done. When I called they weren't 100% that taxes and fees would transfer but they did. He said easy as pie.

It was done 2 hours ago. He said was a very easy process. I put a hold on a cabin at 6 am was the only hold up, I had trouble calling up and releasing to him or would have been done even sooner.

Edited by firefly333
Spellcheck .. ta not tablet etc

5 hours ago, Jskorick said:

Does anybody know at what point the booking will show cancelled online? I received email this morning but I’m still seeing my booking as planned. Lol

My July cruise was cancelled on April 1, but not removed from my planner until April 18th (2 days before the final payment date).

14 minutes ago, christieSF said:

My July cruise was cancelled on April 1, but not removed from my planner until April 18th (2 days before the final payment date).

I cancelled a booking with Royal on April 10. It still shows as being active. I'm only waiting for a refund for my flights. I'm assuming it will disappear when that process is completed.

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Ain't hindsight grand?

Well it was a pretty big hint when nothing could be booked thru July and then in august just Galveston and florida. I wasnt surprised. Pretty obvious imo. 

Worked out perfectly.

1 minute ago, Gwendy said:

July 30 cruise cancelled.OBC offered more than cost of cruise.  Have to think whether to take FCC or refund.

Refund! To many uncertainies  for FCC. Take the refund to book another cruise in the future. Just my opinion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Well it was a pretty big hint when nothing could be booked thru July and then in august just Galveston and florida. I wasnt surprised. Pretty obvious imo. 

Worked out perfectly.

The hint given was that the cruise disappeared from the profile. I still have a cancelled cruise in my profile. Not at all obvious. 

Congrats on your rebooked cruise. Do you think they will really let you stack OBCs?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Do you think they will really let you stack OBCs?

Carnival has let you stack obc in the past and no one has indicated its changed. I read about people here who have way over 1k stacked.

My TA verified he can see $700 now and I'll apply for shareholders which I've never had trouble stacking in the past.

RCL on the other hand quit allowing you to stack promotional and stock obc some years ago. Rcl used to allow it but stopped. 

So yes, I think carnival hasnt changed allowing it. I think there would be posts if so.

Edited by firefly333

But if you had a cruise in April cancelled and another in July cancelled,  Carnival will not give you 600 in OBC for each one and allow you to combine them in 1 future cruise and have 1200 in stacked OBC.